[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Havent been here in a several months. Hows the raspberry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8281.jpg (36KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8281.jpg
36KB, 500x281px
Havent been here in a several months. Hows the raspberry pi? Is it still a meme?
>>
It's great for what it is. It's no replacement for a proper PC of course, but it's a fun project.
Calling it a meme is a meme.
>>
The input lag is real, that part isn't a meme and it's something the developers are at least working towards eliminating. Right now the Wii shits on it as far as getting close to a lagless emulation experience, especially on a CRT.

That being said, it's still incredibly useful for what it is. If you've got some games where pinpoint timing isn't essential it's as good as anything else, and it handles a number of systems the Wii can't even touch like the PS1 excellently. The big advantage is has is people are still interested in and developing for it so it has a chance to outmaneuver the rest in time.
>>
>>4151467
>le input lag maymay

here-a we go
>>
>>4151478

Nice rebuttal anon. Literally everybody knows it's there, including the developers, there's countless comparison videos, what more does your dumb ass need?
>>
>>4152293
A true gamer would be able to automatically compensate for the input lag, and press the buttons sooner.
>>
>>4151326
It's good enough for a one and done solution, but honestly I'd still advocate a cheap PC over it.
>>
I played RE2 on a raspberry pi 3 i think and it was great. Silent Hill 1 as well but worse perofmance and input delay.
>>
>>4152293
dude there is literally no difference between zsnes on the pc and zsnes on the pi. All the "test" videos are idiots running underclocked pis with out of date emulators never state their variable or what emulator they are using its always.

>DURRRR the first emulator I booted up on the pi was a laggy piece of shit and Im too stupid to know there are multiple emulators for each system each in different build phases
>>
>>4151326
Who puts sour cream on a pie?
>>
>>4152296
lmao jesus christ mate.
>>
>>4152296
This is the same kind of person that connects 20 consoles, sitting in a shoddily-built custom pine shelf unit, to switchers and a 30" 720 resolution tv they mounted with duct tape.
>>
>>4152568
It's probably whipped cream.
>>
Not a meme, Pi + Buffalo controllers is a tiny, fanless wonder.
>>
Makes me so joyous to see so many new PiBros in these threads.
Means we're finally

BREAKING THE CONDITIONINGGG
>>
>>4151326
Still overpriced and under powered. Still a meme.
>>
>>4151326
Never saw the point. Surely you have a PC you can hook to your TV.
>>
>>4152451
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/2019/an-input-lag-investigation/2
now fuck off with your meme
>>
>>4153539
What about a DS4? Does Bluetooth create too much lag? I've got one for my x86 Linux PC, and I'm thinking of building a Pi3 based /vr/ setup.
>>
>>4154327
Too much lag? No, i use an old ass laptop on a mini projecter with a wireless 360 controller. Lag is their, but doesnt stop me beating plenty of games.
>>
>>4151326
Was interested for about 10 minutes until I looked it up and saw my tablet had better specs with the same functionality.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.