[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst platforming game you have attempted to play? Pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Worst platforming game you have attempted to play?

Pic related. Horrible controls and well, jumping felt too tight which I can't stand in platforming games. On top of this, this game somehow got many ports... You can adjust to loose controls after a while. Super Mario Land 1 comes to mind.

You can also name a platforming game you think is underrated.
Felix the Cat (NES) - It's a really easy game if you play through it normally. I usually end with 30+ lives without even trying to collect lives but it's everything mechanically a pure platforming game short feel like. You can also make up your own challenges to make the game tougher and join a site like Retro Achievements who has devs that do that for you. My only gripes with the game is there are times when you can't see what is above you but you quickly adjust to this and the canoeing/dolphin levels seem to loop too long.
>>
>>4150027
I never got passed the first level of this game.
But not because of the controls, I never figured how to paint some items.
>>
>>4150164
Not all items are literally painted. For example one item is the bowling alley sign, which you turn on by firing a rocket at it.
>>
File: Trolls_2.png (11KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
Trolls_2.png
11KB, 320x256px
I've played a lot of terrible ones. Pic related is the worst I can remember off the top of my head.

The people who say "Sonic was never good" need to get some perspective.
>>
>>4150192
People say that? I'm sure there are people who believe Alex Kidd should have been Sega's mascot and are butthurt. loved Sonic 2. I haven't played Trolls 2 but I'll take your word for it and stay away.
>>
>>4150214
That's not Trolls 2, that's a second in a series of screenshots of Trolls.

>>4150170
That said, I'd like to issue a "fuck you, I liked it". Played the DOS port, which actually has music all the way through, but apparently forgot to include the ending, such as it is. I can't think of anything that made it too terrible in particular. It scrolled smoothly, the levels were varied, tough, and interesting, and the yo-yo mechanic and power-ups were pretty fun.
>>
>>4150027
I played that piece of shit on PC. Horrible, just horrible.
But I had nothing else to play, so...

Also, I liked how they used PC speaker to play back digitized sound in the intro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWK9xhrXc8M
>>
The first level of Bart vs Space Mutants was nice. The controls were shitty but once you got used to them it was fine, and most of that level is about exploring and solving some mild puzzles, and I like that it's on Springfield and is full of familiar places from the series.
The rest of the game was bad, but some parts were cool, like the dinosaur on the museum... still bad level design and bad controls didn't help.

But I don't know, actual worst platforming game I've played... not counting bootleg shit like Somari, it's probably gotta be Fantasia on the Mega Drive. I was hyped for it after played Castle and World of Illusion... boy I was mad.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.