[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This could have been the greatest console of all time if they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: CasioLoopy.png (773KB, 1165x566px) Image search: [Google]
CasioLoopy.png
773KB, 1165x566px
This could have been the greatest console of all time if they made anything but girl games.
>>
Yeah Casio was a real gaming powerhouse.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (2MB, 5400x2970px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
2MB, 5400x2970px
Plebian.
>>
>>4149902
STICKERS WEW!
>>
>purple
>power comparable to a 16-bit machine
could it
>>
>>4149929
2D ANIME RPG's AND TEXT ADVENTURES
>>
"The _____ could have been the greatest console ever if they didn't fuck up by ______"

This could be applied to literally any second banana console. I mean just look at Sega - that's three consecutive console generations of blown opportunity.
>>
>>4149951
How did Sega fuck up for the Dreamcast lol, they made everything right: ease of development, good ads, top graphics, easy piracy, free online gaming (in 1998), good library, and still failed
>>
>>4150160
>easy piracy
Anon, when you're business trying to make money, that's not a positive.
>>
>>4150168

that's actually how sony won over the competition with the ps1
>>
>>4150168
We already had a thread about this, but "easy piracy" is often cited as a reason why Sony succeeded with the PS1 and sold a ton of consoles. But suddenly when Sega does it, it's the reason why they fail and couldn't sell a lot of consoles?
>>
>>4150160

Because the PS2 happened and people wanted to watch movies in those new fancy DVDs.
>>
>>4150168
I'm partly to blame for the demise of Sega consoles. :(
I spent more time downloading games on IRC than actually playing them.
>>
>>4149921

No, that's Pippin
>>
>>4150173
That's not the reason anyway. The PS1 vastly expanded the entire vidya audience. Folks who had previously turned their nose up at video gaming because they saw it as kiddie or nerdy suddenly were buying them up because they could play AWESOME COOL SHIT like Gran Turismo, Twisted Metal, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, etc.
>>
>>4150174
The PS2 happened two years later (one year in the West), and no one can say the Dreamcast got a huge success before the PS2's release.

Only the gamers bought that console, the general public ignored it.
>>
>>4150183
Yeah, I know, but for some reason the Dreamcast with its awesome games like Shenmue, Crazy Taxi or Soulcalibur didn't appeal to people.
>>
>>4150171
>>4150173
With the PS1, it was a little harder to pirate than on the Dreamcast. With the Dreamcast, you didn't need a mod chip or a swap trick of any kind, just burn a disc and go. To attribute the PS1s success to piracy is some top-level wishful thinking. It was a tremendous cultural icon, especially when viewed as the first 3D game console.

But anyway, Piracy is never a great contributing factor one way or the other. The Dreamcast failed because Sony was blowing them up with PS2 marketing way ahead of time. People were soft on buying the Dreamcast when those screenshots for the PS2 looked so damn good.

In reality, it wasn't that much better than the Dreamcast, but the zeitgeist behind the PlayStation brand was too huge, and it just consumed any chance the Dreamcast even had.
>>
>>4150198
>awesome games like Shenmue
Shenmue is one of my favorite games of all time, but that game is a laughing stock to normal people, especially when compared to games like Grand Theft Auto III or Metal Gear Solid 2
>>
>>4150198
Sometimes the zeitgeist just ain't with you, and someone else captures that lightning in a bottles. Look at Jeb Bush, he had establishment support and the most money - by all conventional wisdom he should have had that primary in the bag. But in the end all he got was what? 4%?
>>
>>4150204
>you didn't need a mod chip or a swap trick of any kind, just burn a disc and go.

Dreamcast rips didn't used to be self-booting. You usually needed a Utopia Boot Disc along with your burned CD.
>>
>>4150218
They were self-booting in the time it was still in production and games were getting released. It didn't take long to get to that point.
>>
>>4150208
My black ghetto friends loved Shenmue desu. It wasn't ridiculous at the time.

>>4150216
Jeb isn't an alpha male, there is something weird and weak about him--I think even Marco Rubio would have steamrolled him.
>>
>>4150235
Okay maybe not the best example, but the point is sometimes you have all the cards yet things just don't work out in your favor. That's life.
>>
>>4150239
Yes, I agree with you btw. In another era, we would have said that the gods weren't with Sega anymore
>>
>>4149902
The console specs are decent and it could be up there with the PC-FX for weeb stuff and 2D side scrolling action.
>>
>>4150160
their was demise was already in it's terminal phase when the dreamcast came along. They didn't need to do everything right, they needed a fucking miracle and it never happened.
>>
Is the d-pad any good? Looks shitty.
The button placement is garbage. That layout works on arcades, but not on a pad where you're supposed to reach all buttons (sometimes more than one at the same time) with just your thumb.
>>
>>4149902
Maybe I should get this for my sister if it has girl games
>>
>>4150683
Does your sister understand Japanese?
Even then she'd be better served with a SFC unless she's obsessed with making stickers in which case a GB printer might do the trick.
>>
>>4150691
Yes, unlike me she had the will to learn
I wish I had the strength to do it too
>>
>>4149902
The ouya could have been the greatest console of all time if it wasn't designed by chimpanzees. But it's not retro, so disregard that, I suck cocks.
>>
>>4150173
>"easy piracy" is often cited as a reason why Sony succeeded with the PS1
Literally never the case. I don't know where this meme started but no. Fucking modded after market second-hand PS1s sold in Brazil do not somehow help the PS1 install base or attribute to SOFTWARE SALES.
SALE of software. The thing that makes a system fail or succeed. Piracy somehow HELPED software sales?
No. Fucking think.
>>
>>4150191
I worked at EB at the time. People were more than happy to ignore the DC because they knew the PS2 was on its way.
The DC did everything right but couldn't defeat the good will Sony had from the PS1
>>
File: kawaii.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>4149902
how come nobody is posting any kawaii uguu sticker?

;-;
>>
>>4149902
What a weird name for a console.
>>
>>4150208
"Do you know where I sailors hand around?"
"Do you know where I can find some sailors?"
>>
>>4154015
Anon, Do you remember, that day when snow turned into rain?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.