[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who isn't a retro gamer (despite being old enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: EarthBound_Box.jpg (112KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound_Box.jpg
112KB, 400x293px
As someone who isn't a retro gamer (despite being old enough to be), would you advise me to stick with this game if it's boring me after the first hour?
>>
Nobody is a "retro gamer" (or a "gamer" for that matter), that kind of vocabulary wasn't even used back in retro days.
I mean, maybe there were some rare instances where some magazine would wirte "gamer", but it wasn't like the urban tribe it is today.
>>
You being a retro gamer or not really has nothing to do with it, every fucker's played this game, hell most of its fan-base are teenagers. But yes I would, it's got a slow start. Maybe give up at hour 3 if you're still not feeling it.
>>
>>4148119
the first couple of towns and maybe some late game dungeons are the best parts. if you aren't having fun, do yourself a favor and stop. it's a long boring slog.
>>
>>4148125
This. It's mind boggling how brain washed people are with this whole "gaming culture" being a pain in the ass both off- and online. It's just as bad on this board and several other places of the web nowadays. Whether you like games or not should be your own opinion and maybe incentive, not something to be decided by others.

>>4148119
I'm probably being a hypocrite at this point but if you really want the advice of some anons from /vr/ you should ask yourself "am I fine playing a RPG that plays almost exactly like an older Dragon Quest game with a quirky japanese twist on american culture and has a pretty trippy battle system and music that's all over the place (don't mean that necessarily in a bad way)?".

If you said yes, keep trying it unless something happens that makes you drop the game. If no, feel free to drop it and either play something else or even just do something else.
>>
>>4148119
>I like to label myself lol, should I play a game if I'm not having fun? xDD

That's how you sound right now.
>>
Not knowing that Earthbound wasn't popular back in the day is how you know you're not a True Retro Gamerâ„¢
>>
>>4148119
Of course not. You stupid fuck. Do you really have to ask?
>>
>>4148119

It gets better, especially as you gain characters. Give it a little more time if you feel like it. But it's not gonna change enormously. There are lots more funny bits and odd bits and surprising bits but that stuff is mainly in the story--mechanically, it's basically gonna be more of the same until the end. If you really dislike the battle system itself, then yeah you may as well quit.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.