[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /Emulation&CRT/ master race here? https://www.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 18

File: 1500435505988.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500435505988.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
Who else /Emulation&CRT/ master race here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbybsuTN738
>>
If you're gonna emulate, then yeah using a CRT is the best possible option you have.
Wii on CRT is pretty cool. I played Rondo of Blood on both Wii and TurboCD, and there's no difference between them other than the voice on the opening intro and no loading times on wii.
>>
File: 01011279.jpg (524KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
01011279.jpg
524KB, 1000x750px
>>4147487
I just set up snes9x on my Wii yesterday and I'm pretty happy with the results. When the SNES mini comes out I'm going to try to grab one of the spare controllers to use with it, since the Club Nintendo ones from a while back are way too expensive now.
>>
>>4147485
Leave the thread.
>>
File: super lame.jpg (13KB, 220x224px) Image search: [Google]
super lame.jpg
13KB, 220x224px
>>4147485
This meme again
>>
>>4147381
so many questions , so little answers
>>
I really wish I had my younger brother's 20" 4:3 Insignia crt tv with component inputs, before my pops just threw it out due to replacing it with a flat screen and just discarding it thinking it was junk.

You might be cringing at the "Insignia" branding, as it's the type of low-end trashy tv brand you would've found at Walmart at the time, but I played some PS2 games on it years ago and the picture was stunning. If I could ever find that model of tv again, I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.
>>
>>4147652
The real master race doesn't use bad dumps from emuparadise.
>>
>>4147734
So there's a MASTER master race?
>>
>>4147381
Honestly, if you're going to emulate with a CRT, just use OG hardware and flashcarts.

You can burn games for disc systems, or get the softmods with harddrives.
>>
>>4147381
hahahaha.

Emulation spoils it bro. You should stop being poor and buy the real hardware.
>>
i have a Wii hooked up to a crt. Use it for PC Engine, Mega Drive, SNES and 64.

I do own a snes and a 64 but i have a real small library. I ran Link to the Past and Zombies Ate My Neighbors on both the Wii VC and my real SNES and honestly couldnt tell the differences, well except for the fact that i have svideo on wii and composite on snes. But maybe i just dont know any better and there is a noticable difference
>>
>>4147554
That is the only reason im getting a snes classic, to use those 2 controllers with my wii + crt. I am thinking that most likely, some 3rd party companies will make some cheap controllers, ill just buy 2 of those and sell the snes classic for MAD profit. Of course all of this could have been avoided if nintendo just sold the controllers separetely like they did with the nes classic
>>
>>4147756
A race that has ascended further beyond. Or as I like to call it Master Race 2.
>>
>>4147862
Why? No need to fiddle around with connector types, replacing lasers, there's far less clutter, I can use any gamepad I want and it's all MUCH cheaper.
>>
>>4147568
>>4147590
It's true. Input lag is an inherent flaw to software emulators. I don't understand why you guys are always in denial about this stuff.
>>
Found a nice CRT on the side of the road yesterday and hooked my Wii up to it. Sonic 3&K has never looked so good. I'd like to make my USB Sega Genesis controller work on my Wii but it's too much of a hassle.
>>
>>4147862
Yeah let me just go spend a retarded amount of money on that shit when I got my CRT monitor for free and emulation is free.

>>4148050
A good emulator that's set up properly and run on a CRT will have input lag, but so does a real console. They're both at a level you cannot detect unless you're basically superhuman.
>>
>>4147674
I've had two of those things, they are a ticking time bomb for one of the guns to go out. The picture *is* good, but it's likely that it wouldn't be working right at this point, anon.

I got that VGA 240p setup that gets posted around here sometimes. It's amazing.
>>
>>4147381
Sauce on this semen demon?
>>
>>4147862
Emulators are better, free, more reliable, no need to RGB mod etc etc etc.
>>
>>4147870
>You should stop being poor
What an ass thing to say man.
I mean, I know this is 4chan and all that but geez man, that's just mean.
>>
>>4149732
>Emulators are better

No.
>>
>>4149738
Poor people try and make everyone else out to be poorer than them, it makes them not feel so worthless and low class.
>>
>>4147381
Bottomline, if you're emulating you're not playing a real videogame. You're playing a distorted travesty of one.
>>
>>4147381
I fucking LOVE using my modded wii, it even plays all of the gamecube isos.
The only bad thing about the wii is Ps1 emulation and the speed of the Game boy Advance emulator. Why can't more people work on that? Damn, the creators left the proyect in 2012. Imagine if more people would put more effort on the coding for the emulators, that would make the wii the ultimate retro emulation machine.
>>
>>4148050
I dunno why, but nothing and I mean NOTHING causes the same amount of rage that bringing up input lag does. Are emulationfags just insecure or something?

??????????
>>
>>4149738
Oh look, it's a reddit baby.
>>
File: 158.png (11KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
11KB, 447x378px
>>4147381
>mfw CRT with modded Wii and modded PS2 setup, plus modded 3DS and PSP for portable emulation
All I need is a way to play Saturn games on it and I'm golden
>>
>>4149857
seriously, never ever
>>
>>4149857
I fucking wish.
>>
>>4149840
Dunno what version of RetroArch you're running, but latest ones have replaced VBA with mGBA as the default GBA core for a while now, and it runs much, MUCH better than vba did. Granted I only tested a few, but games like Circle Of The Moon, Metroid Fusion and SRW OG2 seemed to run perfectly ok on that version while they had noticeable and constant stuttering in the older one.
>>
>>4149845
That's funny, I'd say the same about you hardware fags. You always have to bring up that MUH INPUTLAG complaint. It's just as bad as people yelling "just emulate!" when someone makes a thread about collecting original hardware.
I use a Philips CRT with a SNES, a N64 and a PSX regularly just as much as I emulate them and the difference in input lag is very small. I can beat games just as easily both ways. Input lag might be a deal if you're using a HD TV and have to upscale the original analogue signal but that's a moot point with emulation because you can use a higher resolution with that anyway.

N64 emulation is a different matter but that has to do with the lack of accuracy and having to rely on several plugins and not as much with the "inherent" input lag by emulation in itself.

Look, if you guys prefer to use original hardware and discard emulation then that's your loss but stop acting like jealous kids while yelling "are you poor?? LEL". It won't help your argument.
>>
>>4150062
Can couch, the standalone mGBA is also infinitely better than VBA. Also, Wii Mednafen plays GBA admirably as well, and supports 240p which kicks ass.
>>
>>4150369
Vouch not couch, dammit.
>>
File: pkmn red svid.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn red svid.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
S-Video on a Wii on a super low-end PVM.
>>
>>4150369
mGBA has 240p support now too, it's all i use. I just wish they would implement a GUI that let me see game covers.
>>
>>4147870
Yup, the money spent makes the experience, not the games.
>>
>>4150374
Do graphics really matter for Gameboy?
>>
Why not just get a Super Game Boy 1/2 and play it on a PVM?
>>
File: m16.png (772KB, 651x565px) Image search: [Google]
m16.png
772KB, 651x565px
>>4147381
>emulation
>master race
keep dreaming kid
>>
>>4151060

The mGBA .dol doubles as an emulator plugin so if you want you can use it with Wiiflow and have covers that way. It's a huge pain in the ass to set up but so is navigating the godawful Retroarch GUI so whatever.
>>
>>4150230
AFAIK the only time input lag is really relevent is with light gun games, but that's the fault of LED/LCD screens. In theory emulating with a CRT TV should work just fine with light guns.

That or buy light guns made for LCDs. They usually come with calibration software that should iron out any control issues.
>>
>>4151453
Input lag isn't why light guns don't work on lcd anon...
>>
ITT:. Poorfags that cant afford consoles/games trying to feel special because they googled and completed a tutorial on emulation.
>>
>>4151898
See >>4150230
>...while acting like jealous kids while yelling "are you poor?? LEL". It won't help your argument.
>>
>>4151074
When you're playing on a TV, most emulators scale the GB screen really poorly. It looks nice at 240p, which a SGB/SGB2 would also do.
>>
>>4151898
>tfw you have original hardware and flashcarts but you still use a hacked Wii because it's convenient and takes up less space
really makes you think
>>
>>4147862
I do this, but there are still some stuff I want to play on some more obscure hardware I don't want to track down or buy.

Do I need to buy one of these arcadevga things to connect my modern desktop to my CRT? Or is there an easier way?
>>
>>4152210
I do this sometimes too but really in the end playing with accurate sound and no input lag is much more enjoyable and this is only possible with real hardware
>>
>>4152567
If you hardwire controllers on the Wii and use a CRT there's no perceptible difference in lag to real hardware. I have both set up side-by-side; of course real hardware has those nostalgia feels, but Wii+CRT is so nice. And I don't emulate on anything else, I hate it for the most part, Wii is the exception.
>>
>>4152210
I bet your wife's son has a Retron
>>
>>4152590
It's like you're not even trying. I have a ton of real hardware, but I don't have a house at this point in my life, so the Wii gets me most of the experience without needing a separate room for all my shit. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than a fucking wife's son meme.
>>
>>4152587
I guess what isn't perceptible to you is to me, because I did the same side by side test too with a gamecube controller and horipad gamecube controller. Try it with a mario game. Nothing compares to the instantaneous control of a real NES+crt
>>
>>4152660
I'm most autistic about the Famicom, so I actually do keep a real one hooked up next to the Wii on my Trinitron. It's most perceptible to me with the NES/FC for sure. 16-bit and up doesn't bug me nearly as much, which is largely what I use the Wii for.
>>
Dug out my Wii this year after having it in storage from moving, and hooked it up to my old box tv. have emulators and rom sets for all the old Nintendo and Sega systems, PC engine and Neo Geo. Also have my soft modded PSP hooked up to AV on a splitter and a ton of games on an SD card with a memory stick adapter. it's my amazing emulation station and I love it.
>>
>>4151192
That's what I did, along with a GameBoy Player and I love it. Playing Pokémon Crystal using a GBA as a controller is comfy.
>>
>emulation
So filthy peasant race
>>
>>4147381
I wanted to do that but I don't know how to output a CRT tv as 3rd monitor
>>
>>4153441
Of course I don't know how to connect a crt to the pc in the first place
>>
How big of an improvement is it going from S-Video to component? Currently have my wii hooked up to a crt with svideo and looking to upgrade
>>
>>4153579
It's a noticeable upgrade but not as much as going from composite to S-Video.
>>
>>4153587
thanks. Seems like it should be worth the $12 the cables are gonna cost.

Something kinda related, if you are familiar with VC emulation , how accurate would you say VC is? Specifically for PC Engine/CD , SNES and Genesis. Never owned a pc engine or genesis so i dont know how accurate the emulation is
>>
>>4153650
SNES is "perfect" as far as I know.
Genesis has some annoying sound issues. It's not that bad and you might not even notice, but the homebrew emulator is just better.

Not sure about PC Engine.
>>
>>4153445
i have a sony wega hd crt. it has an hdmi input on the back
27"
>>
>>4152560
Arcade VGA is out of date. Get a Radeon HD 5000+ card and install CRT Emudriver 2.0 search it up to look at any other compatible cards. You'll need to proper connections to turn your VGA out to SCART, Component, or BNC though.
>>
>>4151303
>>4150369
>>4150062
Damn I didn't know. Thanks.
Retroarch is so goddamn cool but fucking damn why they aren't allowing people to input their own way of controlling the games.
The mGBA didn't work without the retroarch.
>>
>>4153650
I'm not in a position to comment on the others, but SNES VC is pretty good for the most part. It doesn't emulate lag accurately, and there are effects missing in some less-popular games. Input latency is very low, around 2 frames I believe. A couple of games are modified to make them less of an epilepsy risk. Games run at 59.94 Hz instead of 60.10 Hz, but that doesn't really matter.
>>
>>4153687
There is a reason hdtv's are avoided. get a pc crt
>>
>>4149743
Nice "argument".
>>
I beat more than 20 games last year for 7 or 8 different systems. I played them all with the correct aspect ratio, noticed no lag problems, used a controller of my choosing, and payed no money for them. I could easily afford console + flash drive setups for any system I like, but I'd rather just use that money on other hobbies or beer or whatever. I actually like playing games though, instead of running input lag tests and staring at title screens on muh CRT. Where's your argument for that consolefags?
>>
>>4153318
>>4152590
>>4152567
>>4151898
>>4151201
>t. I have buyer's remorse because everyone is getting a better product for free, but I'm going to double down and keep giving money to game store Jews, and insist everyone else do the same.
Emulation is better every year. Your consoles are decaying as we speak.
>>
>>4151074
Yes, Pokémon Crystal and a few other games I tested look great with scanlines at 240p. As the other anon said I don't really like the way GameBoy games are rendered on emulators, GameBoy Interface is a godsend.
>>
>>4147381
who bitch this is
>>
>>4151898
>Metaljesus shillbucks
K(ek)
>>
>>4161590
my wife
>>
I cannot get through that whole process. My Wii does half the job, then my PS1 some (well ok, that's not emulation but still).

I would love to plug my computer to a CRT TV, but that requires some different GPU and a setup that I'm just not willing to do.
>>
>>4161617
What video card do you have?
>>
>>4160759
Enjoy your input lag.
>>
>>4162528
If that's your only argument then you have lost
>>
>>4160756
I like them because no emulator will ever be as accurate as the real console. Also, input lag.
>>
>>4162534
Emulation is fine, but saying it is a 100% accurate experience compared to the real console is a lie. I feel that 90% of people who claim that are sour grapes, or people who threw their consoles away when they got older and are trying to feel superior by saying "saves muh space"
>>
>>4162537
Unless you are speedrunning and you need frame precision get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. It's elitist retards grasping for straws.
Nobody cares if you play on the real deal or through emulation. You hardware fags just can't help but act like smug autists about it because you have a shiny little thing that somebody else doesn't. It's childish playground behavior and unless you are actually between 8 and 12 you need to stop being a manchild
>>
>>4162550
>accuracy is for speedrunning ONLY
Quit getting angry your shitty emulator made by third world poo in loos and fat autists are never EVER going to be better than the real console.
>>
>>4162546
Nobody claims emulation is 100% accurate. People do say it's accurate enough to the point where casual to semi-serious gaming is perfectly fine with emulators.
Rpi on hd tv sucks though. Thats the only time I really noticed input lag to the point it was affecting the gameplay.
>>
>>4162554
The accuracy you are talking about is only necessary in speedrunning.
Otherwise emulators are more than good enough unless you run a potato computer.
>>
>>4162554
And of course it's never going to match the real deal but I'm not saying that.
You are deliberately missing the point because you can't deal that your false sense of superiority is being attacked. Grow up.
>>
>>4162554
real console is good and all but people like to play all the expensive games for free
>>
>>4162563
>what is a flashcart

>>4162561
It's not a flash sense of superiority because it actually is a true sense of superiority. Unironically quit being poor, buy a flashcart and a console and play some video games.
>>
>>4162570
dude who tf is gonna bother with flashcarts?
other than autists
>>
>>4162574
>Bother with
?
>>
>>4162570
>it's a true sense of superiority.
Only to you because you are stuck in that primary school behavior. You are a manchild.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 263x192px
>>4162570
>needing to play shit other than mario
>>
Why do emufags get so triggered over input lag?
>>
>>4148784
more then a frame of lag with the best snes emulator, and well more then 1f of lag on most other emulators

actual hardware has 3-4ms of input lag you're right only superhumans would notice but anything 16ms or above is definitively noticible. so stop trying to say emulation is the same as og hardware cus its not, emulation is literally 4 times as laggy as original hardware in the best case scenario
>>
>>4162594
because deep down they are jealous about not being able to afford an actual console and a flash cart / modded disc console and blank discs
>>
>>4162642
+
>not real games
whos the poorfag now tho
>>
>>4162639
>Anything 16 ms or above definitely noticeable
No it's really not.
>>
>>4162639
http://shoryuken.com/2015/05/21/human-reaction-times-and-fighting-games-or-why-blocking-isnt-always-easy/
>>
>>4162661
it is for super mario world, and any fighting game. most other platformers its not so bad but i find it noticeable in super ghouls n ghosts and super mario world. and my display has 28ms of input lag inherent. so additive i really notice it. at least i can get used to the 28ms of lag, but with the extra 16 added on top? defs not.
>>
>>4162667
Again, your numbers are way too low and are just showing you are talking out of your ass
>>
How come millions of people play emulated games perfectly fine everyday, but then I come on /vr/ and suddenly they're literally unplayable?
>>
>>4162671
Because...
>>
>>4162671
Normalfags don't give a shit about input lag. All normalfags itt need to get out.
>>
>>4162778
Strange how the more obsessed you get over retro gaming, the harder it is to enjoy it in it's many forms.
>>
Have fun playing all those arcade games on their original hardware console casuals.
>>
File: 1492319716368.jpg (475KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1492319716368.jpg
475KB, 2592x1944px
There's no such thing as a master race in retro gaming, and emulation sure is far from being one because on inaccuracy and the unavoidable input lag. I mostly emulate games on my CRT because of a lack of space to put a lot of consoles, it's infinitely more affordable than buying a bunch of consoles and maybe modding them and getting flashcarts on top of that, and it's more retard/poorfag-friendly in general. It works pretty well and I'm extremely happy with my setup, however, anyone that calls using real hardware a meme because of emulation is an actual retard.
>>
>>4162467
An R9 280x
>>
>>4163050
There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who don't own G-LOC R360 machines
>>
>>4162782
Not really, this is a enthusiast board, obviously most of the people here are into playing games in the best possible manner. I hesitate to use the word troll but it's really what emulator babies seem like. Or like I said earlier, they're trying desperately to justify themselves for not having gone the crt + original hardware route.
>>
>>4163337
You're mentally retarded if you can't understand the idea that the cost of original hardware + flashcart is not worth the marginal improvements over the ease and affordability of emulation. Simple as that really. Sounds like you have some serious buyer's remorse if you're that butthurt that you think anyone with a different opinion than you is trolling.
>>
>>4163709
But all emubabies are trolling. Whenever there's a collection thread there is at least 5 or 10 shitposters bitching about why anybody would buy anything ever, which is a lot for this board. Sounds like you're just a poorfag who can't deal with other people owning more stuff than you.
>>
>>4163761
I'm fine with collectors. I'm just not into collecting video games, I like playing them. I would rather spend my money on action figures and weed. Like I said, the minimal input lag and AV upgrade isn't worth the money to me, it's not about whether or not I can afford it. I can afford to subscribe to high quality pron magazines, but instead I go for a slightly lower quality online option. It just isn't worth the money to me, and I have other hobbies.
>>
I replay Mario allstars + world once a year. I can play it on emulation but my play style is different. Console and crt just feels better. Otherwise, input lag doesn't bother me.
>>
>>4147381
how the fuck do I output 240p from my hdmi only laptop? lel
I would love to use my pvm for emulation but I could never figure out how to output 240p.
What are some known graphics cards or laptops that can output 240p. Or can I fake it?
>>
>>4163761
It's actually hardware fags who constantly act smug and high and mighty because they own some consoles. Original hardware is the best and crt do enhance the experience but collectors are still the biggest autistic faggots on this board
>>
File: anime girl.gif (2MB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl.gif
2MB, 540x405px
>>4149089
>>4161590
Found another version of the girl, still not sure what she's from though.
>>
>>4164315
Found it, apparently she's named Kiwako from a 1987 OVA called "Twilight Q."
>>
File: kiwako.jpg (22KB, 306x424px) Image search: [Google]
kiwako.jpg
22KB, 306x424px
>>4164328
>>
>>4164328
>spoonfeeding
Might as well just shoot yourself you fucking faggot.
>>
>>4165106
No, fuck you leather man.
>>
>>4152560
you can use a vga monitor and run 240p @120hz

EZ
>>
I'd just like to point out, original HW and CRTs aren't forever.
I appreciate the original gangster shit, but please realize that GOOD emulation is likely the only way some people will get to experience games from the seat of the pants days. I myself am very thankful for emulation. Looking forward to VM technology being able to mimic entire chips/systems perfectly. The only real question is, how well can display methods recreate the look.

But in the end, you have a choice. Free emulation, or more of the "industry's" bullshit, ala Nintendo. Decent emulation of the Saturn on Mednafen shows the ability is there.
>>
>>4149846
you are toxic as fuck
>>
>>4147381
>emulation
>master race
wew lad. your out of your depth you little fuck.
>>
>>4165203
poor fuck detected. you're a thief nothing more. dont make it out to be some self righteous choice. you little bitch.
>>
>>4162528
>$0
>1-2 frames of additional latency

vs

>one trillion dollars
>no input lag
>buyers remorse

yeah ill take emulation on a crt
>>
>>4165205
>toxic
Found the Reddit baby.
>>
File: 1202248638790.jpg (54KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
1202248638790.jpg
54KB, 599x449px
>>4165210
>you're a thief nothing more.
Well, a pirate yes. Not that there's a difference.
Not like the original devs are getting cuts for the original games anyway.

Not poor either. Just because someone chooses not to make bad economic decisions(buying cocaine instead of meth for example, a very poor choice), does not mean they're poor. Not that it matters either. Games shouldn't be limited to only the wealthy. Anyone willing to try out Contra, Castlevania, SMW, ALttP, Alien Soldier, Comix Zone, etc should be allowed.
You guys always seem upset for some reason. Never acknowledging the good that emulation brings. I WILL concur with you about retro on LCD(unless it's a portable game as portables all used LCD screens anyway). Usually pretty ugly even with the best shaders.

It's just that, people who love games should be more positive about gaming. Not so bent out of shape.
>>
>>4165207
Big talk coming from namefag scum
>>
>>4164328
Thanks anon, you're a Quality Dude.â„¢ Unlike >>4164456 who thinks digging up the name of an obscure OVA from the '80s is faggotry, because this is 4ch and no good deed goes unpunished.
>>
>>4165264
If you actually cared you would have found it on your own. Saucefags are cancer.
>>
>>4147862
I'm wit it. I don't get why everyone on here is a major jewbag not wanting to fork over money for a flashcart that plays original games exactly how they were meant to be and not all dirty and sullied like in emulation.

Also everyone should have the OG hardware of games they want to play. Then again I'm not trying to play every single game ever released in my region and every other region. So I guess emulation would be the solution if I wanted to spend every hour of the next 40 years playing video games, but I'm pretty content playing the games I want from a couple different consoles.
>>
>>4149840
>but muh emulation is perfect and makes the most sense!!!
>>4149732
fucking faggot
>>
>>4165279
umad
>>
File: 1195682160144.jpg (272KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1195682160144.jpg
272KB, 1024x768px
>>4165325
Just remember, OG hardware isn't forever. Caps can be replaced, but sometimes a component goes out, like a really small cap or resistor, or a component might go out and send a chip-frying surge out. There's also the rare bad cap blowout that showers your internals with electrolyte, causing widespread shorting and possible corrosion damage. These things have to be taken into account for the collector.
These are rare problems right now, generally, but the systems are aging, and thus the problems will become more common.
A good flashcart is an absolute if you have the HW however. Sure you might buy some games, but for those you can't find(for a decent price) you're stuck with em.

I'd also like to point out, playing older systems over Wii via component into a good CRT is delicious heaven. At least for me.
Modding display changes into a console isn't for everyone, so getting RGB(near as makes no diff) via component is a great and easy way to get godly displays. I know Super Metroid and Dracula X look stupendous over Wii. And (not /vr/)mGBA seems to play everything I toss at it in awesome colors as well. Clean and smooth.
>>
ITT: falseflagging shitposters giving both console and emulating players a bad name.
>>
>>4147381
I just use my PC with a couple of gamepads. Works fine for most games I like. I see no reason to do a bunch of roundabout shit.
>>
>>4164229
It won't work you need a Radeon HD 5000 or newer AMD card, something with analouge VGA or DVI out. Search CRT_Emudriver 2.0 if you're actually interested and want a more detailed list of compatible cards and how to set it up
>>
>>4165225
Why mods dont do their job with baity shitty people like you? Why do you come to emulation threads if you are a try hard purist who wastes a lot of money in rotten plastic? Leave emulation fags alone.
>>
>>4165392
hardware isn't forever for sure but you can always self repair or seek out someone to repair for you. of course one day everything will die out; CRT's, consoles, cartridges, discs, everything. And there's nothing we can do to avoid that. Luckily I take good care of my stuff and will usually have multiples of any system on any given day.

Wii is awesome
>>
File: 1497548803917.png (743KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1497548803917.png
743KB, 1080x1920px
>>4165214
>people buying real hardware and flashcarts having buyer's remorse because emulation is better

Just stop, it's pathetic that you've convinced yourself this is what actually happens. I'm not even that guy you were arguing with, but you are a cancer to this hobby and this board. Just enjoy your damn games on your emulation station and keep pretending it's the superior experience, but just keep it to yourself, this is just a sad display.
>>
My current setup is a crt, a snes with about 8 worthwhile games, a 64 with about 4 worthwhile games, and a wii with a shiton of VC games (and genplus/snes9x for everything not on VC)

I have seriously been contemplating getting a flashcart for my snes but wondering if its worth it. Since it would be native playback there wouldnt be any lag, but honestly i dont notice and lag with VC. I've done some testing, a real snes cart and the same title on VC both played on my crt and i cant really notice anything off. Any anons that play a bunch on wii also own flashcarts for your retro consoles?
>>
>>4167152
shit, really? Any more info on that? Any time i look up on info regarding Wii VC lag /accuracy its always info on the Wii U VC instead. Which is known to be worse than og wii vc
>>
So, i just got a component cable for wii, upgraded from svideo and..it looks darker than svideo? Is that normal? Its an official component cable, used but everything looks good, svideo is an official cable too. Kinda disappointed
>>
Wii + CRT is very nice.
>>
>>4167169
You can't 'confirm' inout lag because it varies widely from rig to rig. If you want almost no lag on a Wii/CRT combo, get a (Insert your favorite controller here) to GCN adapter. The main lag on the Wii is the bluetooth, obviously. Hardwiring takes care of it.
>>
>>4168764
Yeah i was looking into those raphnet adapters actually. The one that for snes controllers to gamecube port. Those any good?
>>
>>4168786
I think they're all pretty much the same; I use some random PSX to GCN adapter I got on Amazon and it works great. I mostly play RPGs so I usually go wireless anyway, but the difference was legitimate when I plugged in for more action packed shit.
>>
>>4168786

Have a SNES to Gamecube, can vouch for it. If there's any lag at all it's nothing I can detect.
>>
>tfw you're trying to set controls for an emulator through an adapter
>have to transcript the arcade buttons to gamecube buttons to genesis buttons
>big headache happen

finally done after 30 minutes of trial and error
>>
>>4147381
what's that front end? it seems like it would make going through the mame library a pain in the ass but i'm looking for something similiar for my set up. loading stuff in retroarch is a pain in the ass with a controller
>>
>>4147870
How does emulation spoil it, "bro"?
>>
>>4170683
Input lag, wrong graphics.
>>
>>4147554
They are using orignal snes ports not the wii ports.
>>
>>4162671
Cos its literally the only thing a real console has over emulators. And you gotta have a reason to justify your collection of games, consoles, and crts.
>>
File: snes_classic_edition_08_2400.jpg (143KB, 2400x1595px) Image search: [Google]
snes_classic_edition_08_2400.jpg
143KB, 2400x1595px
>>4170743
no they're not u silly
>>
>>4170870
>justify
Funny how it's always emufags trying to defend their systems. Whenever someone says "I don't like emulation because x, y, and z" emufags will always, without fail say something along the lines of "no, it's not a big deal", "you're an autist lmao".
Emufags are scum. Ban all emufags.
>>
>>4147381
Does Wii + CRT emulation count?
>>
>>4165210
A thief has more dignity than some faggot who gives his money out to price gouging sellers and then tries to pass it off as something a financially savvy rich person would do for validation on a Cantonese rotoscope watering hole.
>>
>>4170690
>implying you can tell the input lag
I just realized hardwarefags are exactly like the placebo induced audiophiles on /mu/.
>>
>>4172716
u can tell on platforemrs
>>
>>4172716
There's strong evidence emulation is full of input lag from very respectable sources. You fail.
>>
>>4172716
this
>>
File: 20170701_133124.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_133124.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>4170690
>>4172720
>>4172723
Muh input lag boogeyman.

It's negligible
>>
File: images.png (86KB, 166x303px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
86KB, 166x303px
>input lag doesn't matter for turn based games
>input lag makes traditionally ""hard"" games legitimately hard instead of being casual shit designed for japanese toddlers

yeah nah, unless I was speedrunning or playing a real time competitive game, emulation is fine.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.