[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I coming straight out of from Genesis SF2 and I can't get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

I coming straight out of from Genesis SF2 and I can't get my head wrap around what the fuck am I looking at here, what happened to SF2 roster? The gameplay's really enjoyable but why does it forces you to play defensively?
>>
>>4146268
I'm not much of a fighting game guy but i always liked SF3 & alpha 3 better than 2

SF2 just feels really bland to me.
>>
>what happened to SF2 roster?
Welcome to the late 90s, everyone was disappointed with SFIII's roster.
>>
>>4146268
Ultimate try hard game. Everyone sees that retarded Ken vs Chun Li super parry video and now everyone thinks they are going to be Daigo. Garbage game in a garbage genre for garbage fans.
>>
>>4146869
most of the capcom fighting games are overrated and e-sports are the cancer killing gaming.

that's par for the course.
>>
>>4146268
The third iteration of a game that threw away most of the SF2 cast. Hey, at least you got Chun Li.
>>
>>4146865
The roster wasn't very memorable, evidenced by me forgetting much of it.
>>
>>4146268
I wouldn't say it forces you to play defensively, i'd say it forces you to play confidently. You have to have a strong blend of offense and defense but you must have confidence in everything you do or what you feel the opponent will do. if you throw out a normal you should throw it out with the intent of hitting.
>>
>>4146869
No one thinks that, youre just bad at the game, and because you have seen it played at a high level, you shit on the game cause youre bad and can't have fun at your skill level
>>
>>4146268
But Third Strike is probably the least defensive game in the SF series. Certainly a lot less than SF4.
>>
File: DDwk3mcUIAAZ99S.jpg (417KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDwk3mcUIAAZ99S.jpg
417KB, 824x1200px
>>4146869
>>4146924
LEL
>>4146268
Street Fighter III is a fantastic game, unfortunately CAPCOM though it was a great idea to release a game with only ten characters that nobody knew or care when other fighter where putting rosters with up to more than twenty characters.
>>
>>4149762
>the game is perfect, you`re just bad at the game
Fightan retards in a nutshell.
>>
It's kind of depressing that everyone just wants infinite rehashes of Street Fighter 2 over new characters, even when going full original with SF3 they still had to bring back Andore from Final Fight and Chun Li from SF2.
>>
File: babby.jpg (19KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
19KB, 385x383px
>>>4146924 >>4149762 >>4149805
Delicious buttmad tryhard fightanfag tears.
>>
Fighting games are fucking cancer, you spend literal YEARS of you're life memorizing combos and frame data all for what, to impress a bunch of sweaty fat neckbeard nerds with your game skills. Grow the fuck up and play the CPU like a real man.
>>
>>4148436
Gee that sure is substantial evidence.
>>
File: IMG_0900.jpg (123KB, 736x719px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.jpg
123KB, 736x719px
>>4146268
You don't HAVE to play defensively. And I'm guessing you spend 0% of you're life at fighting game tournaments, so you'll be okay.

Also, people complained for years about the stagnant roster in Street Fighter 2/Alpha. Then 3 comes out and everybody's bitching about where their old favorites are missing!

Can't please anyone.
>>
>>4149872
Way to not understand the fun of competition.
>>
>>4149995
Most fun with fighting games is playing friends, I don't think getting bodied by some obsolete farming tool nerd is much fun.
>>
Fighting games are garbage genre for garbage sub-people, play the CPU like a real man.
>>
>>4146268
What I dislike about SF3 is that they made fireballs completely useless, everyone just parries them.
>>
>>4149805
>>4149871
>every game HAS to have a multiplayer component
>singleplayer is largely seen as an afterthought
>RTSs are basically MOBAs now
>shooters are moving towards that direction too
>the FGC in america seems like they are choosing capcom as the hill they're gonna die on because capcom is hosting the tournaments
>"e-sports are totally not cancer guys you just suck"

wew lad
>>
>>4150090
>>singleplayer is largely seen as an afterthought
That's always been the case with fighters, you're just new.
>>
>>4150090
Even the FGC refuses to suck that fat Capcom cock after SFV and MvC Infinite
>>
>>4146268
SF3 originally wasn't even going to have Ryu and Ken.
>>
>>4150112
I'm crossing my fingers Capcom gets blown the fuck out and we get DBFZ at Evo in the mahvel slot. Would be hilarious, plus more interesting.
>>
>>4150090
Cry cry cry cry cry
>>
>>4149870
New characters are okay when they're actually good (Sakura, Dan...). The new SF3 characters are meh. Good balance between classic SF2 and attractive new characters was achieved in SF Alpha.
>>
>>4150362
>(Sakura, Dan
Both shoto clones. Groan.
>>
File: elenaqjn3ro1_250.gif (17KB, 216x161px) Image search: [Google]
elenaqjn3ro1_250.gif
17KB, 216x161px
>>4150364
This shoto clones and SNK ripoff/jokes to boot. The 3 cast is a little on the overly wacky side but overall it's not bad, and they added some great characters.
>>
>>4150364
I'm talking about their charisma, not their play style.
>>
>>4150381
Who cares about their """""""charisma""""""" when the point is making them fun to play.
>>
>>4150393
It's a fighting game. You spend equal time controlling characters and watching characters you don't control, because you always have an opponent. Hence the need to have attractive and charismatic characters, regardless of the fact you play them or not.
>>
>>4150403
You sound like a fucking retard.
>>
>>4150406
I wanna +1 this
>>
>>4150406
Ah, you're about functions vs functions then. Carry on.
>>
>>4150403
> and watching characters you don't control
that applies to every game you imbecile. that's not really a point specific to fighter games.
>>
>>4150410
I like cool looking characters but they're nowhere near as important as well designed for play. You still just sound like an idiot.
>>
File: sunbunrt sakura.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sunbunrt sakura.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>>4150393
By charisma I hope you mean genki girl pantsu.
>>
>>4150414
You do spend more time staring at the same assets in fighters than other genders in general.
>>
>>4150406
>hurrr who cares about character design lol????

No, I'm not the retard in this discussion. You could also add:

>who cares about the music??
>who cares about graphic quality??
>who cares about sprite animation??
>who cares about level design??
>who cares about the story??
>who cares about the sound effects??
>I'm all about FUN LMAO

That would make a quality thread, so please go on.
>>
>>4150420
Not me. But it's hard not sounding like an idiot when you try to explain basic things (why character design matters) to an idiot who pretends he can't understand anything. It provides good comedic value.
>>
>>4150440
Cause he felt the need to explain that there are always two characters on screen that you're looking at. That's why I'm laughing.
>>
>>4150414
>that applies to every game you imbecile

Every game? Okay. What is your favorite character in Tetris?
>>
>>4150454
okay 80% of all games
I can't believe you got me this hard.
>>
>>4150457
and that percentage is probably even too low
>>
>>4150457
Sick burn by a turbo tard. That must sting.
>>
>>4150464
after this thread I'll be taking a break from 4chan to recover
>>
>>4150393
Different people enjoy different playstyles, that is why fighting games have many characters to choose from, you're not expected to like them all and that's the whole point.
>>
>>4150447
You can control both characters on screen, one with your hands and one with your feet, though. Or map the controls of both characters on one keyboard and play against yourself like a virtuoso. So I guess my point was wrong.
>>
>>4150104
i wasn't talking about olny fighting games though.

>>4150112
most of the guys I've seen or talk to (even the ones who are hyped for DBF) are still worried that the scene will die without capcom
>>
>>4150492
>most of the guys I've seen or talk to (even the ones who are hyped for DBF) are still worried that the scene will die without capcom

It depends what they want. If they're FGC freaks and want it to blow SF out of the water and dominate EVO then yeah, they'll be disappointed. If they want a solid fighter that gets a good following and player base then they'll probably be happy.
>>
>>4150492
There are so many games that there's still lots of single player stuff to play if you look for it. But surprise surprise humans are social creatures and in many cases find playing with others more fun than playing alone. So it should be no surprise online gaming is so popular.

And also it's always been this way, fighters and many other genres were born in arcades. Even when you were playing alone you were also competeing against your local culture. Then online came along with PCs and has had a heavy influence ever since. Consoles just took a while to catch up and had to rely more on couch co-op for a few generations.
>>
>>4146268
>forces you to play defensively
>3rd Strike

You're joking right? Have you actually played the game?

Do you even know how to play fighters?
>>
>>4150492
Isn't the problem generational? Are there young people who care about fighting games? It looks like only people over 30 years old (who grew up with Street Fighter II and its rivals) are really interested by fighters. That is the reason why the scene could die.
>>
>>4150519
He's referring to parries as playing defensively.

>>4150520
I don't know what the percentage is but I know many young people play. Fighters are bigger now than they've ever been, there's little threat of them dying any time soon.
>>
>>4150852
>Fighters are bigger now than they've ever been,
Except now it costs million just to put a simple arcade game out and unless your game was designed by Capcom it's fat chance it is going to sell. Fighters as we know it died with the arcades, all that's left is a festering carcass on life support through online play and fake hype EVO tournaments.
>>
>>4150889
None if that is even close to true.
>>
>>4150909
Yep even doujin fighters like DOA do fairly fine.
>>
>>4150921
Exactly. That guy can't be into fighting games much if he really thinks niche ones can't fly. It's a better time for them now than it ever has been.
>>
>>4146268
The game doesnt force you to be defensive. Pick a rush down character like yun and go crazy. Oh wait need to learn how to play first. And we dont like learning here, do we?
>>
>>4150923
They are a global sensation, we have huge MK2 tournaments.
>>
>>4151376
Not unless it's learning to cheese ai. Fighting other people is for losers and shit.
>>
>>4150889
>fake hype EVO tournaments.

What's fake hype?
>>
>>4146924
go play your castlevania rubbish games
>>
>>4150889
most fighters are still released in arcades first.
Capcom and NRS aren't the only companies you know
>>
>>4146268
it encourages you to use the parry system, so you dont need to always play so defensive and like in all fighting games sometimes its good to do that but you should also try to play aggressively when you can.
I've only just picked this up coming from 4 and 5 but that's what i feel you have to do in this game at least
>>
>>4152242
Other than Capcom and SNK, who still does this? ArcSys?
>>
File: tekken-7-update.jpg (299KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
tekken-7-update.jpg
299KB, 1000x600px
>>4152553
Namco?
>>
>>4152727
Riiiight. I'm always forgetting about 3D fighters. They're practically a different genre to me.
>>
>>4146268
It doesn't force you to do anything. One of the most fun ways to play for me is furiously rushing down the opponent with Akuma.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.