[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this exist? Are you supposed to figure it out on your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Why does this exist?

Are you supposed to figure it out on your own somehow?

Do you think there are any circumstances in which someone could have figured this out accidentally?
>>
>Do the stage
>Die by accident
>Accidentally go up there
>WTF awesome

Yeah it could happen
>>
>>4144491
You have to have everything, and then jump off 4 times in a row though
>>
>>4144491
>Do the stage (after already beating it)
>Have all the health and power upgrades
>Die by accident 3 times
>Accidentally get up there on 4th try
>WTF how was anyone supposed to figure this out.

ftfy
>>
>>4144506
Yeah, so was it in a Nintendo Power, or something?
>>
That kind of secret was meant to appear on magazines later. It was like on-disc DLC.
>>
>>4144486
That, my friend, is an easter egg!
I neat little secret/tribute to the company/makers of the game!

Seeing how Capcom made Megaman and Street Fighter, they decided to add a "Hadoken" to this game for lulz.

It's a bitch to pull off in the heat of battle. Only works at full health, and the only real use it has for me, is fucking up sigma's dog/first form.

Neat easter egg though.
Pretty sure it was featured in Nintendo Power at some point too, as my friend who had the magazine knew of this awesome secret.
>>
>>4144616
Fuck that dog.
>>
>>4144486

Akira Kitamura mentioned that they'd add random secrets in games so that game mags would cover the games and reveal them. This is probably an example of that kind of philosophy in game design. This was meant to be a mind blowing secret revealed in a mag that some kid had to find out.
>>
Those kinds of secrets were published in magazines.
>>
>>4144486
>Why does this exist?
it's an easter egg
>Are you supposed to figure it out on your own somehow?
nah, this shit was made to sell guides and mags and the lot
>Do you think there are any circumstances in which someone could have figured this out accidentally?
it's unlikely due to the requirements, but it is possible
also, you can leave the stage between dying, so if you do end up going through that stage four times after having everything for whatever reason (dunno why, most people just use the bats to fill up the subtanks and then leave early) and dying there, the last time will have it

honestly though, first time I heard of how to get it, I thought it was total bullshit, it really does sound like something "that kid" would say in an effort to be cool, pulling fake cheats out of his ass

>>4144616
>It's a bitch to pull off in the heat of battle.
this so much
it's also got a bit of startup to it
>>
>>4144486
Imagine accidentally unlocking that as a kid, telling all your friends, then becoming "that kid" on the playground because you weren't exactly sure what triggered it and can't replicate it in front of your friends
>>
>>4145006
At those times there was several "that kid" per school so nobody cared specially if they were told bullshit by the son of John Nintendo, much less if they told the trith and became the good guy at history's eyes.

Yeah, I remember when I told every kid there was going to be a second generation of pokemons and even told them some of their jap names and nobody believed me.
When GS was released I was still a liar because the names I gave didn't matched.
>>
>>4145023
>second generation of pokemons
lmao sure thing buddy

next you're going to tell me mew is real
>>
Shit like that's been going on in video games since the EARLY 80s. A bunch of shmups and platformers had ultra secret bonuses. Hell; the entirety of the game Secret of Atlantis was built off of the idea of the player trying EVERYTHING.
>>
It exists because easter eggs are fun.
It's like hidden songs on cds.
>>
>>4145006
It remembers my childhood with Super Mario World, my brother knew a kid that had a save with the 96 exits, my bro didn't know how he manage to grow the giant plant between the 2 bridge on the world map. The kid didn't wanted to tell him how, pretending he didn't even know how he did himself, that was obviously a lie because you cannot discover this by pure luck.

A bit later my bro discovered how : there was that secret exit that ask you to fly under the floor behind the normal exit.
>>
>>4145064
I love how they effectively tease this level: chances are you will clear the game before reaching Soda Lake, so you're watching the credits and see Torpedo Ted and think "The heck? Torpedo Ted!? I never saw that enemy! Which level is he in?"
>>
>>4145073
That's exactly what I thought when I first beat Super Mario World. It didn't help that I didn't own the game back then so it took me several years before I was able to figure out how to unlock the stage he was in (soda lake). It felt so great finding that and so many other levels in the game.
It's extra secrets like that that makes SMW stand out so much, even to this day.
>>
>complaining about cool secrets
>>
You're the reason games don't do this anymore and I hope you die.
>>
>>4145136
>Demo level was not first level in the game

I remember my brother and I getting to the secret world and stumbling across that level. It was pure excitement.
>>
>>4144506
a not so good player might repeat the level to get full health tanks.
>>
>>4145383
Also it's a good level to grind lives before taking on the fortress because of the bat which drop them
>>
>>4145073
>>4145136
All of this.

It's a shame new generations won't grow up with this excitement. Everything is a cell phone search away now.
>>
>>4144585
This, this secret was several times published in magazines.
I mean, it's a hadouken in Megaman, it's awesome.
I think it would be possible to find it by accident, but it's a really small chance.
>>
>>4145191
No, the reason is devs realized they can sell the secrets separately and people will pay for them.
>>
>>4146340
This.
Then again you also have fucking lorefags runing everything.
"HAY, DERS NO WAY LINK FROM ZELDA WOULD BE IN MARIO SO STOP DAT SHIET!"
>>
>>4144486
No kidding, I found it by accident trying to max out lives and etanks for the sigma fight. Decided to play through the level rather than exit and there it was. Did not know what it was for a few years.

It really helped in that sigma fight. Killed the dog and sigmas first stage with it. First time I beat the game.
>>
>>4144486
>doesn't empathize trying different areas under different circumstances just for the hell of it
just gonna guess that you never even owned the NES or SNES
>>
File: mega shit.jpg (151KB, 528x553px) Image search: [Google]
mega shit.jpg
151KB, 528x553px
>>4144486
That stage is great for farming life. Could be going there to fill your sub tanks in prep for the sigma stages and then BOOM. Hadouken.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.