[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nepto Cave >every enemy and boss is immune to debuffs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Ff3-DSlogo.png (363KB, 1200x664px) Image search: [Google]
Ff3-DSlogo.png
363KB, 1200x664px
>Nepto Cave
>every enemy and boss is immune to debuffs and status effects

FUCKING KILL ME
FUCK THIS GAME
>>
You're such a faggot, OP.

There are only two spots in FF3 that gave me trouble and I didn't cry over it
There's this cave you go to where there are dudes that split nonstop and I can't remember anymore, but basically I had to grind and get some ability to hurt them without them splitting.
Right at the end game, I was underleveled and there was some kinda 4 boss boss-rush before the final boss and simply did not have the stats to finish that all up, so I grinded some levels and then was properly able to beat the game.

Btw, I played the famicom fan-translation.

FF3 is great, suck it up. It's a good game.
>>
Debuffs have always been garbage in FF games.
>>
>>4142907
Grind, my son. Grind.
After every major plot cut scene stay in the area and grind for a few hours. Then grind some more for good measure. This entry was too short for a FF game imo, and that made it difficult to half-ass grind and still be able to keep up with the game. There's no grinding sweet spot (y'know, that one spot later on in most games where you can grind away and catch up) so you gotta max out as much as possible while you can. And with the introduction of the job system, that increases the grinding time by a large margin.
Your reaction is EXACTLY why Squaresoft (pre-Squeenix) didn't release it wayyy back.
>>
File: 1475065913572.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1475065913572.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>4143605
>Grinding in Final Fantasy III except for the last dungeon
Summer isn't over yet?
>>4142907
Change Jobs, faggot, there's a reason for the game to allow you to change Jobs.
>>
>using debuffs and status effects
>any RPG ever
Everybody knows those kind of spells are only thrown in as filler.
>>
>>4142907
Usually FF3 expects you to spam one or two jobs to get through an area.
>>
>>4143732
Yeah, but who wants to learn all the skills and abilities at the END of the game?
I had the DS rerelease and never completed it, got to the 2nd form of the last boss. Too tough (then sold it: food) so I'm going to get it on pstv and that's the game plan. Grind away untill I can think of better term for grinding.
>>
>>4143757
I beg to differ.
On my somewhat recent FFIV SNES jap translated run, I abused the fuck out of status effect magics.

Haste/Berserk breaks every RPG ever.
Slows and stops are useful against certain enemies with certain status effects.

Now, the reason you say what you say, is that 90% of all RPGs are so piss easy, that using status magic isn't ever really needed.
>>
>>4143997

It's the reason why the DS version of FFIV is considered very difficult: people aren't used to having to use status magic outside of casting Slow on bosses because of how easy the game is. If you chuck status magic on regular enemies instead of pounding them with your strongest attacks ASAP, DS FFIV becomes a lot easier.
>>
>>4143965
No retro, summer fag.
The original and the remake are practically two different games, faggot.
>>
>>4143757
FF3 NES has some good status effect spells. There's a level 4 spell that inflicts paralysis with a very high hit rate even when targeting an entire group of enemies. Black magic as a whole is really fucking strong in FF3. Pretty much the last time it ever was, as most later games had other magic types that did everything black magic did but better. Using black magic over summons is a death sentence in Counter Fantasy IV, and who would ever choose to cast Firaga in FFV when you can DualWieldRapidFireSpellblade that shit instead?
>>
File: images-3.jpg (3KB, 120x88px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
3KB, 120x88px
>>4144010
Well sorry angry, young, summer fag. Summer means nothing to me anymore. Just a 2 and a half month season.
OP didn't specify which one shklee was playing.
>>
>>4144024
>>4144024
> and who would ever choose to cast Firaga in FFV when you can DualWieldRapidFireSpellblade that shit instead?
When you need to heal yourself with flame rings
>>
I fucking love the Scholar class.
>>
>>4144054
You are in /vr/, summer fag.
Besides a new fag, you are a retard to.
>>4144936
He is very underrated, equip him with two books and he can do decent damage, i use him until i get the better equipment for the Thief.
>>
>>4145169
My Scholar and a Dragoon kicked Garuda's ass. It's sad that I am going to convert my bro class into a Sage...
>>
>>4143092
this.
I never use status or debuff spells against enemies. They never work.
>>
>>4142907
>Nepto Cave
Make a party of three black mages and one red mage. It's a short dungeon and not very difficult as long as each of your black mages has a level 3 spell that you use to aggressively attack the boss. You should have found three of those spells for free recently.

Don't listen to the people telling you to grind. When I play FF3, I start running from most of the fights once the thief becomes available. In my most recent playthrough, I even discovered that some jobs have a minimum level requirement to use, since I got a message saying I didn't have enough experience to change to that job (this is on the famicom version, never played the ds version). If you never see that message, your levels are fine and the problem is with your strategy.
>>
>>4144024
Because one of those requires AP grinding for 1970 AP to master three different jobs so it's only available at the ass end of the game and the other is available as soon as you get the submarine.
>>
>>4142927
Yeah, that cave where the enemies split was by far the hardest part of the game. I don't like how FF3 almost forces you to change to a specific class or type of class at points. It's a good game, but poorly designed in a lot of ways. The remakes of FF1 are better than any version of FF3
>>
File: asd.png (8KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
8KB, 280x180px
>>4145236
>I don't like how FF3 almost forces you to change to a specific class
I don't like how pic related forces you to jump over the pipe to advance.
Even so you can pass through that cave even with other classes, hard but doable.
>>
>Ancient Cave
>NPCs tell you that there is a good weapon for Dark Knights
>use Scholar or Libra spell to find out that the multiplying enemies are weak to Dark Blade

I agree that the game is forcing you into jobs, but at least you get to try out classes you would never want to pick. And there is no punishment for switching jobs except for the class adjustment thing.
>>
>>4145337
>And there is no punishment for switching jobs except for the class adjustment thing.
That doesn't even exist in the Famicom version.
>>
>>4142907
The only hard part of FF 3 is the grind through the dinosaurs to make whipping kefkas ass easy and humiliating.
>>
>>4143757
This is the most "I have never actually played Dragon Quest, D&D, Wizardry, or any other RPG outside of the weebiest garbage" post
>>
Take your time OP.
>>
>>4147051
Yep, no rush.
>>
>reach the Titan boss who guards the Earth crystal
>my team struggles hard to take it down
>make a new team with Sage/Ninja/Black Belt/Viking

How fucked am I?
>>
>>4145337
In NES you can't get dark swords until after the first dungeon with splitting enemies, and the mystic knight can't use any other equipment. The unique skill of the dark knight also didn't exist, the mystic knight instead had access to level 3 white magic. Pile on that the maximum enemy amount was six instead of three in the remake and it's a real fucking slog.
>>
>>4145335
Yeah, you're an idiot. One of the appeals of RPGs is playing your game the way you want. Even FF2's premade characters could be built radically different with each playthrough.
>>
>>4149986
Your characters in FF3 will be different each time too, because they start taking influence from classes they've used a lot of. The game makes you switch up your tactics once in a while with strategic use of what the crystals have given you. You don't always get free reign in life; sometimes you have to do what you have to do. There's only about 5 parts in the game like that anyway and they don't take that terribly long. Two of them are one-off boss fights, even.
>>
>>4143757
There were a bunch of useful buff spells in FF1. Even the original NES version, you had things like FAST for ridiculous damage boosts, ALIT/FIR/ICE for magic resistance, and...ah, that's about it, because the other ones were bugged and didn't work until later re-makes of the game.
>>
>forced to use jobs you don't like because story dungeons necessitate it
>those jobs immediately become obsolete for the rest of the game
>forced to play dungeons while mini status
>world is entirely linear until you leave the floating continent
>Phoenix Downs are a rare item that can't be farmed or bought, and using any of them counts as permanently missable content
>villain doesn't appear until you're 90% into the game
>the story up until this point has been nothing but minor quests for seemingly unrelated people and events that are constantly impeding your progress for no real reason
>most jobs are obsolete when you get ninja and sage
>all jobs are obsolete when you can go fully-equipped-Onion-Knight
>"Tee-hee! We were just kidding about all that job variety! There are only three jobs that are viable to beat the game!"

What the fuck. I want my 20 hours back.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.