[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get Maintenance to 1 to fix my pistol? Or should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ss2.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
ss2.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
Should I get Maintenance to 1 to fix my pistol?

Or should I get Hacking to 3?

Shit's overwhelming, there's so much I want and so little Cyber Modules at this point.
>>
>>4142553
Depends where you are.

T b h w/ u pham, I'd get Hacking 3, you're bound to get more benefit out of than just repairing a gun.
>>
>>4142559
Navy

Pal but what if I don't find another gun before the two I have break? I'm trying to wrench as much as I can, but it's not always easy.
>>
>>4142553
Just play the fucking game nigger
>>
>>4142553
There are unbreakable weapons in the game. Like an assault rifle from the armory or the suicide pistol on the bridge.
>>
Maintenance is more beneficial than hacking. Just using standard weapons and shooting everything that gets in your way is the easiest way to play the game despite what some people would have you believe.
>>
My personal advice? Find the regeneration station on the floor first, then get a medical station up and running. Use wrench, then heal as needed at the station. If you go down, you'll respawn at the regen station. Early in the game it can be slightly tricky keeping a supply of repair and maintenance tools to keep your weapons working. So you might as well just save up ammo and tools for the first floor and use your Wrench. Try to get Repair to 3 so you can start using the shotguns you pull off of zombies. Maintenance of 2 or 3 is best, any more than that is just wasted modules, and there are more than a few people who'll tell you any modules spent on Maintenance is a waste. I like having weapons in great condition so I don't need to play weapon shuffle or go melee all game long.

Don't waste a single nanite on ammo or any other vending machine item at this point in time. Wait until late-game when you have a high hacking skill for cheaper prices, and a recycler for more nanites, then stock up on Anti-Personnel or Armor Piercing rounds.

Get Energy to 1 SOON. Your ammo problems mostly vanish once you get a laser pistol and remember where the power recharge stations are. Higher Energy = more damage, but it isn't needed.
>>
>>4142768
And the Crystal Spike thing that is the first of the 3 exotic weapons in the game.
>>
I wonder what became of Gamma grove after it got jettisoned from The Citadel Station. I know that SHODAN meddled with it so that the life support systems shut down very shortly after the initial jettisoning, thus killing all life in it. But what about the grove itself? Where did it end up by the time of the destruction of Citadel station? We all know that Beta Grove ended up on a planet orbiting the star Tau Ceti, but no mention of Gamma grove after the events of the first game...
>>
Does OP have an original physical copy of the game or does he/she have it via Steam?
>>
>>4143107
My ammo/repair plan is to get a rank of energy weapons and carry around all the laser pistols I find and start heading for an energy station when I run to like 1/4 ammo.

I swear shotguns do less damage than the wrench.
>>
>>4142553
I think I was able to go a while without needing to repair just by using the wrench and the extra pistols I found until they broke, there were quite a few of them. If you've already gone down to the lower level and have been there for a bit you should probably get a point into maintenance soon, otherwise get hacking 3.
>>
>>4145231
I wonder what makes most non-melee weapons in System Shock 2 decay, including the standard ones?
>>
>>4145664
I think one of the devs said they wanted to include in the story that The Many was releasing a gas that made the weapons rust a lot faster, but they thought it might confuse some players into thinking the game had a time limit.
>>
>>4144586
>I swear shotguns do less damage than the wrench.
Slugs are garbage. Buckshot is good.
>>
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/185706-system-shock-2/faqs/41882 - this guide is your friend.

Engineering deck is by far the hardest part of this game, given the still extremely limited resources and very high enemy spawn rate. No matter the difficulty and what mods you may be using, you must learn how to wrench your way through every organic enemy and save your ammo for turrets and robots, and it's still best to wear the latter down with wrench anyway, it's not hard in case of maintenance robots who usually will helplessly try to get away from you. You also have to autistically hoard every single pistol you find to have backups because they'll all be breaking a lot and maintenance tools are grossly ineffective in early stages when you're low on MNT skill and have more pressing priorities. Out of inventory space? Then you must autistically arrange a few inventory storing points on levels.
Mind you, it's always possible to make the game a hellish experience if you go trigger happy and eventually run out of resources. There's a very thin line between burning through ammo and excessively hoarding it to the point you'll have way more than you can burn by the end. You won't know where this line is until you master the game, so better be safe than sorry.
Overall the gameplay of this game was a complete mess. 10/10 plot and atmosphere though.
>>
>>4146195
>Overall the gameplay of this game was a complete mess.
I wouldn't go that far (or repeatedly use autistic as a criticism). It's almost 20 years old so it's going to seem aged in some ways but most of your complaints are standard features of survival games, except for arranging your inventory I guess. It's fine if you don't like having to conserve ammo and make use of all the supplies that you can, but then that just means you probably don't really like survival games, which is fine, but it doesn't make it inherently bad.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.