[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which light gun for N64 would you recommend? Any problems with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: n64-rumble-pak.jpg (34KB, 600x514px) Image search: [Google]
n64-rumble-pak.jpg
34KB, 600x514px
Which light gun for N64 would you recommend?

Any problems with a HD/modern TV screen?
>>
File: gWCdHHF.jpg (367KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
gWCdHHF.jpg
367KB, 800x587px
Lunar gun is OK, but it's just better to use the n64 analog stick to aim desu. Still the most precise analog stick.
>>
>>4141242
You can't use light guns with HD/modern screens.
>>
>>4141242
How many lightguns are even there for N64? I can't think of any.
>>
>>4141247
Until it wears out completely from you playing the fuck out your n&74
>>
>>4141242
>Any problems with a HD/modern TV screen?

Oh nothing serious, just that they are COMPLETELY UNUSABLE with those.
Classic lightguns need the line scanning of a CRT to work.
>>
>>4141242
What light gun games are even on the 64?
>>
File: poplar - what.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
poplar - what.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
N64 had light gun games?
>>
>>4142132
>>4141283
There's like all of 2, but I can't remember their names since they never made it out of Japan.
>>
>>4142315
That'd make since since they were developed in Japan and never released so for people ever heard their names outside the development team. kek
>>
Would the NES zapper work on a modern tv, since it's just looking for the white box? Or would the delay of a non-crt break its timing?
>>
File: 1500464365238.jpg (34KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
1500464365238.jpg
34KB, 650x350px
>>4141242
>Any problems with a HD/modern TV screen?
yeah do you not understand how light guns work
>>
>>4144402
Its camera can't do modern TVs, for some reason I can't recall (I believe it was related to LCDs being sample and hold)
>>
>>4144482
>camera
kek
>>
>>4144402
It won't work because of the delay.
The NES expects to see the flash from the white square on the same frame that you press the trigger on.
Since Duck Hunt runs at 60fps, that means the delay must be under 1/60th of a second (~16ms) for the NES to register the shot.
Unfortunately, even the lowest of delays for a modern screen is around 20ms (for a non-native res signal. Some modern displays go as low as 9ms, but that requires that it be fed a signal at native resolution.).

>>4144482
That's nothing more than an urban rumor.
The Zapper has a simple photodiode, which will react to any light.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.