[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm the only one who like MK3 more than Ultimate? Ultimate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: mk3.jpg (192KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
mk3.jpg
192KB, 620x465px
I'm the only one who like MK3 more than Ultimate?

Ultimate has too much ninjas and way too HARD
>>
>>4140378
Both versions control AI based on player input meaning antiair is triggered before the first jump frame is drawn. Horrible single player.
>>
>>4140378
I just wanted to sniff Sheeva's stinky feet. That's why it was always my favorite.
>>
>>4140378
>Kombat Zone

Oh man how I miss the dayz of Mortal Komedy
>>
but everybody loved ninjas
if they made a MK with an exclusive ninja roster in the 90s it would be the best-selling MK game ever

there was American Ninja, Lethal Ninja, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Scroll, Beverly Hills Ninja, 3 Ninjas, Surf Ninjas.
>>
>>4140378
>I'm the only one who like MK3 more than Ultimate?
yeah
>>
>>4140378
Console ports.
>>
>>4140382
>Play sector
>Jump back with kick
>AI shoots projectile immediately
>Do a uppercut teleport
The only possible way to win this game, except choosing Noob or Cyrax.
>>
>>4140378
I only had vanilla MK3 so by default, or nostalgia I guess, I like it more. I tried UMK3 decades later and I just don't see the appeal. One thing I really hate is how the same few new stages keep repeating. I played almost an hour and didn't remember seeing any of the old MK3 ones, not that they were that great to begin with, but still. Plus the ninjas' new outfits looked weird. All segmented vests and stuff. MK3/UMK3 as a whole was the black sheep of the series for me.
>>
>>4140378
>too HARD

lol AI playing baby detected.
>>
>>4140805
>One thing I really hate is how the same few new stages keep repeating. I played almost an hour and didn't remember seeing any of the old MK3 ones
THIS
>>
>>4140854
it's cause you uppercutted somebody through the ceiling and ended up back on that stage

yes it's stupid
>>
>>4140723
Except for Europe. They censored ninjas back in the day.
>>
>>4140715
Sheeva rocks. It's a shame about the dial-a-combos, if not for that it would be the best game in the series.
>>
>>4140879
>bitching about dial a combos in an MK game

dude what do you think MK9 and MKX or even Injustice combo systems use?

They use dial-a-combo strings, no timing required just input the fucking thing and you get a combo string
>>
>>4140871
>England
>entire Europe
yeah.. no
>>
File: wonderpunch.jpg (431KB, 786x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wonderpunch.jpg
431KB, 786x1000px
>>4140883
In 9, X and Injustice the system is much more fluid and open to customization. Their initial implementation of it in 3 sucked. I played Injustice. A lot.
>>
>>4140378
MK3 made me mad that Scorpion wasn't in it, why did they do that? Can't believe Ed Boon let that slide.
>>
>>4140847
Seriously, this dank meme again?
>>
>>4140890
>open to customization
>only 8-10 strings per character, with some having different last input
>>
>>4140894
maybe it was all a diabolical plan from the start for them to release UMK3 with all the characters thus making more moneys
>>
>>4140902
You can cancel the strings
>>
Ultimate looks like a bad romhack.
>>
>>4140867
>it's cause you uppercutted somebody through the ceiling and ended up back on that stage

No, the stage cycling is not affected by that. UMK3 arcade has a bug (?) where it needs to cycle through the new levels at least twice before it shows the old ones.

Which is EXTREMELY ANNOYING and means that most people playing the arcade versions through emulators or re-releases will never see the old backgrounds.

Also, the AI is less of a piece of shit in vanilla MK3. It's UMK3 where it gets stupidly aggressive.

>>4140739
That only works in UMK3. In MK3, the AI won't automatically throw a fireball if you do a backflip kick.
>>
>>4140902
I used almost entirely custom combos in Injustice and was in the top 10% in ranked on XBLA.
>>
>>4140715
>>4140879
https://archiveofourown.org/works/9800783
>>
>>4140883
Mostly you are right but there are some combos where you need to delay the final hit for it to register or even press the buttons extra fast. It's not common but there is some timing involved in a few of them in MKX
>>
File: mortal-kombat-1995-.jpg (118KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
mortal-kombat-1995-.jpg
118KB, 600x359px
>>4140939
This. The combos they give you work but they're not per-programmed to work. So you can't just tap the buttons in sequence and have it come out, each has to be timed correctly. Though it is rather forgiving which is why you can come up with your own fairly easily once you get how the juggling works.
>>
>>4140919
Now I'm all hot and bothered!
>>
>>4140963
Goddamn that is one of the best fights in movie history
>>
>>4140378
> too HARD

git gud.

I didn't like that they took Sheeva out of Ultimate because I wanted as many big-boobied women to stare at as possible in the 90s.

To keep things civil, my brother and I would agree to disable throws.
>>
>>4143086
Why is Boon always shitting on Sheeva? I didn't even know she was removed but that's just plain stupid to introduce a new character and then take them out at the next update.
>>
Honestly, no, because UMK3 had what people wanted: ninjas, including ninja sub-zero. Nobody liked Ziggy Stardust-Zero.
But that isn't saying much because UMK3 still felt like a cheap romhack of an already disappointing game.
MK peaked at II.
>>
>>4141129
What did you think of it?
>>
>>4143393
She was only removed in the 16-bit ports, and only because they ran out of cartridge space.
>>
>>4143450
So why take out the most unique looking character and not someone like Stryker?
>>
>>4143453
Hugeness of the sprite - she'd probably look like a midget if she were crushed anymore
>>
>>4140871
UK ninja censoring was finished years before MK came out.
>>
>>4143461
Which was stupid to begin with. Censoring ninjas, a real life class of people, or job or whatever they're called, is like censoring cowboys or knights.
>>
>>4142097
lol. no it's not. the choreography is fucking awful and sonya blade looks like a literal retard in her fight stance. they could have bothered giving her SOME martial arts training (and if they did, then they needed to do a whole lot more 'cause goddamn she looked like a moron that had never thrown a punch let alone kick in her life).

holy shit even as a 9 year old kid I thought that scene was shit. that movie never impressed me, even as a child at its release. I noticed it was too toned down compared to the game, the fight scenes were mostly lame (only Cage vs Scorpion was okay) and the acting and everything else was just plain tacky. There weren't any real fucking fatalities. Coming from a background of true patrician Arnold/Sly action movies really made the MK movie look like a total pos.

If you want a good video game adaptation, though it's animated, Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie exists. As a kid that blew me the fuck away. I remember it confused me and my friends while watching it 'cause we were like, wait, isn't MK supposed to be the violent one? How come there's no blood in the MK movie but this Street Fighter anime is full of it?

Yeah.
>>
>>4143580
Governments do stupid things.
>>
>>4143453
>So why take out the most unique looking character and not someone like Stryker?

She used the most space.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.