[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on SNES era SMT and Persona 1 and 2 (Innocent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Shin-Megami-Tensei.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Shin-Megami-Tensei.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
What are your thoughts on SNES era SMT and Persona 1 and 2 (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment)?
>>
they are amazing. I really miss the classic era. For example the newer Personas especially the 4th lost the true SMT identity, and i feel bad for it. I miss the Spell fusion System, the gloomy atmosphere etc. But otherwise i like SMT IV for preserve the Classic era style.
>>
File: tumblr_n6a5mmD7kh1qffhhlo2_1280.png (295KB, 900x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6a5mmD7kh1qffhhlo2_1280.png
295KB, 900x768px
>>4138838
SMTI can be pretty broken but I still enjoy it, I don't recommend it without prior SMT experience.

SMTII is a better game all around but still has it's bullshit, great dungeon crawler though.

Persona 1 is pretty lackluster, it's a decent dungeon crawler but it's hard to recommend.

Persona 2 has a pretty good plot but the combat may turn people off. I don't know if I would say outright bad but it requires dedication, if that makes sense.

If... never ever it seems, looks cool though.
>>
>>4138846
I'd agree with you about 4 if you were talking about the Golden version. I vanilla still had that feeling especially towards the beginning and end section of it, the lack of special events and the feeling of it being very 2008 Japan.
>>
Persona 1 is a masterpiece, the best classic SMT and one of the best dungeon crawlers in general
play the psp port with the original music patch
Persona 2 is trash, only play it for the decent story
>>
>>4138838
Just finished Persona on PSP. I'd call it breddy gud, but I'd also say you wouldn't be missing out on an unsung masterpiece if you don't play it.
>>
>>4138927
Belstack?
>>
If... is my favorite Megaten game for some reason I still haven't really been able to figure out. The whole SMT series is pretty great as far as first person dungeon crawler RPGs go.

No love for Devil Summoner? Some of the first games I got for my Saturn way back when and while they don't have quite the same awesome feel as the SFC games they're still worthwhile entries in the series.

Never played more than like half an hour of Persona, I don't know why but I could never get into it.
>>
Soul Hackers is great, highly recommended for those who like classic SMT.
It's not mainline and it doesn't have alignment system for MC, who is neutral by default (but you still need to build demon parties according to their alignment), but otherwise gameplay wise is probably the best classic SMT first-person dungeon crawling got, at least until SJ came out.
Another thing I like about SH is that you can't level up demons, you can still customize their stats and skills and all that, but they won't go up in level, but that's actually cool because it makes you be in constant search of new demons, leveling up demons and getting attached to them can be fun but it's also good to play this way, it feels more like a sort of trading card game, you want to catch 'em all. It's the only SMT game where I actually cared to complete the compendium.
>>
>>4139297
>No love for devil summoner?
Meh. Imo it's not that good. I mean the characters are pretty flat and the story is nothing special. It's an average srpg and there are way better options.
>>
>>4138838
Slow, repetitive, clunky, outdated. Really they are not good games.
>>
>>4139389
I think you might be thinking of Devil Survivor.
>>
>>4138838
Not as good as Final Fantasies.
>>
>>4141128
DQM>SMT>DQ>Persona>Pokemon>Torneko>Shiren>SaGa>Mana>Mario RPG>Sonic Chronicles>Final Fantasy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.