[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Japanese game companies give bad team members other, lower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: virtual hydlide title.jpg (135KB, 859x705px) Image search: [Google]
virtual hydlide title.jpg
135KB, 859x705px
Did Japanese game companies give bad team members other, lower budgeted projects, to work on, so they wouldn't mess up the good games they were working on?

I think pic related is a good example.
>>
LoL, higher ups will always can employees they don't like, due to performance or just personal dislike. This is universal, pretty sure even alien companies do this
>>
The team that made Silent Hill was the B squad of misfits at Konami. Also Street Fighter 3 was the B squad of 2d artists that stayed after a bunch of the old Capcom guard left.
>>
>>4138068
So regular Konami and Capcom is shit? Who knew
>>
>>4138041
Pretty sure they just fire "bad team members".

Sometimes a bad game is just a bad game. Prototyping wasn't as easy back then, ideas can sound better on paper than they actually play out, and on a console like the Saturn they can unexpectedly run into system limitations when they're already too invested in the game engine to change it much.

Also, anything with the word "Hydlide" in it is obligated to bring new levels shit. It's like a running gag.
>>
Virtual Hydlide isn't even that bad. What other T&E Soft game was so much better they had to put the B team on it?
>>
>>4138410
Clearly Waiaiaie Golf (sp).
>>
>>4138068
The team that did Castlevania SOTN were mostly taken from the team who did the Tokimeki games (dating simulators), which was more profitable.
>>
JUST
>>
>>4138041
The irony is that Hydlide is a lot more fun than their high budgeted titles.
>>
>>4138410
>>4138583
Holy shit I just looked them up and they made so many golf games.
>>
>>4138068
>Also Street Fighter 3 was the B squad of 2d artists that stayed after a bunch of the old Capcom guard left.
Source?
>>
>>4138041
Virtual Hylide seems more like a game that was crushed under its own ambition rather than just shovelware passed onto a bad team.
>>
>>4139518
>Hydlide
>fun in any way ever
whoa, nice revisionism
>>
>>4140291
Hydlide is awesome.
>>
>>4140291
I don't know how that's revisionism when the series has always had a following.
>>
>>4138396

you don't fire people in japan, at least not salaried positions, which is what game developers have.
>>
>>4140343
yeah you bully them by making them do embarrassing jobs which is a lot worse
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.