[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was a Commodore 64 kid growing up and I want to go back and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: leander_amiga500.jpg (438KB, 4000x2580px) Image search: [Google]
leander_amiga500.jpg
438KB, 4000x2580px
I was a Commodore 64 kid growing up and I want to go back and play the games I missed on the Spectrum, Amiga and similar systems. What games would you recommend trying and why?

Willing to try any genre, any quality level, just something that's worth playing to experience it. So bad it's good, god awful you must try it to see how bad it is, amazing game you will love til the day you die, it's all good.
>>
File: Amiga600.jpg (175KB, 914x634px) Image search: [Google]
Amiga600.jpg
175KB, 914x634px
>>4137290
Let me give you a rundown of some good Amiga games I can remember... non exclusives but probably best played on Amiga.
Also it would help if you would say if you're going for emulation, OCS/ECS or AGA Amiga.

>Cannon Fodder 1/2
>Syndicate
>Shadow of the Beast
>Turrican I/II/III
>Another World
>Banshee
>Gloom Deluxe
>Walker
>Jungle/Desert Strike
>Chaos Engine 1/2
>Agony
>Alien Breed 1/2/3D
>Settlers
>Genetic Species
>Speedball 1/2
>Elite II
>Breathless
>Zool
>Lemmings 1/2
>Flashback
>Worms
>Pinball Fantasies
>Slam Tilt
>Stunt Car Racer
>Apidya
>Super Frog
>Chuck Rock 1/2
>Disposable Hero
>Fire & Ice
>Hired Guns

That's as much as I could recall being my favorites.
>>
The best games were ported around among those 4 systems anyway.
>>
>>4137290
>I was a Commodore 64 kid growing up
No you weren't. But we can help you out with recommendations if you tell us what games you enjoyed playing with your dad or the pedo who lured you into the van with C64 games.
>>
>>4137528
>playing games with dad as a kid does not mean you where a kid of a specific games platform
What are you talking? He said "growing up", just because you where some late teens or early 20's edgy fuck with a C64 only you can call yourself a "C64 kid"?
>>
>>4137528
You will have to excuse me and my memories of playing a brand new Commodore 64 when I was five. I'm sure the cartridge with a soccer game, Klax and Flimbo's quest on it is purely something I found on wikipedia.

Just because you're a child doesn't mean we all are kiddo.

>>4137509
Man I forgot speedball existed. That's going right on the top of the list. Thank you.
>>
File: 1493522464263.jpg (28KB, 348x425px) Image search: [Google]
1493522464263.jpg
28KB, 348x425px
>>4137535
>Just because you're a child doesn't mean we all are kiddo.
Don't go there, don't fall to his level.

>Man I forgot speedball existed. That's going right on the top of the list. Thank you.
Find a friend, or take one hostage at least, the game is still so much fun in multiplayer. I played it for hours with my brother recently.
>>
>>4137535
I always forget the name of speedball but I swear it was on every magazine cover I saw for a year, and I constantly drooled over it because it looked AMAZING. I remember it being on everything while trying to find mags for my sega master system.

... I never played it.
>>
>>4137549
Speedball has probably the best controls and gameplay mechanics for the type of game it is, compared to other soccer/baseball games.

>... I never played it.
Kek.
Done goofed m8.
>>
File: 1498928147748.jpg (25KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1498928147748.jpg
25KB, 641x530px
Don't mention the Amiga too much guys, there's a mod deleting Amiga threads on the loose.
>>
>>4137530
>joke went over my head
He didn't play with his dad or pedo uncle. He's probably just a tryhard summer.

>>4137535
>when I was five
When was that kiddo?
>>
>>4137648
>He didn't play with his dad or pedo uncle. He's probably just a tryhard summer.
He never claimed he did, you did and I responded to your shitpost.

>When was that kiddo?
This is relevant how? Someone born in the 90's who only had a C64 and it's games is less of a C64 gamer then someone who did it a few years before him?

>kiddo
Underage (mentally) use that word.
>>
>>4137660
>I shitposted to your shitpost

>Someone born in the 90's is a C64 kid
And whatever emoji they self identify as to boot
>>
>>4138072
>I shitposted to your shitpost
Point out the shitpost please, you didn't give a valid argument to my valid (non-shitpost) arguments.

>>Someone born in the 90's is a C64 kid
>And whatever emoji they self identify as to boot
That's an ignorant and elitist way of looking at things. I hope you're glad that you are the cancer of /vr/.
>>
>>4137509
9/10 list, needs some point and click.

I'd recommend Kyrandia, Monkey Island 1/2, Fate of Atlantis, and Flight of the Amazon Queen.
>>
>>4137590
What? Why?
>>
>>4138086
>Flight of the Amazon Queen
YES
How the fuck did I forget that!

Monkey Island was always more of a DOS game for me, that's probably why I forgot to mention that.
>>
Can we ignore the faggot please? I know /vr/ is a shit board full of retards but come on.

>>4137509
Needs Dizzy games.
>>
>>4138108
Yeah, a lot of those games came on 999999 discs and had to be swapped every few screens at best so nowadays I play them on DOSBox or Scumm. But the Amiga versions have superior sound.
>>
>>4138090
No clue, the thread wasn't that bad
>>
>>4138126
Almost all games mentioned here are graphically and music vise superior to their cousins on other systems.
Except Monkey Island, the best music was on a DOS shitbox with a proper MIDI card.

>a lot of those games came on 999999 discs and had to be swapped every few screens at best so nowadays I play them on DOSBox or Scumm
No need! That's what WHDLoad is for!
>>
>>4137290
Some spectrum games I'd recommend:

Lords of Midnight
Head Over Heels
Highway Encounter
Laser Squad
Micronaut One
Deflektor
Firelord
Where Time Stood Still
SKool Daze
Cyclone
Trap Door
Impossaball
Feud
Split Personalities
Lotus Esprit
Fairlight
The Great Escape
Academy
Death Chase
Cobra
>>
>>4138132
>WHDLoad
Thanks Anon, never even knew about that. Now if we can just out an end to software failures we'll be set!
>>
>>4138141
I have a .hdf file with pre-configured full screen launcher for games with WHDLoad and a bunch of games on it.
Works with WinUAE and FS-UAE.

Want I upload it?
>>
>>4138145
Thanks but I don't have my PC at the moment. Another time perhaps.
>>
>>4138135
Are those ZX Spectrum games?
I'm a dumbass about the Spectrum but I want one so badly. (I had a CPC and a ZX clone, not many games though)
>>
>>4138149
Most of them were ported to the c64/amstrad, but we're designed on and around the spectrum hardware, so take best advantage of the machine.
>>
>>4138135
Actually, thinking about it, replace Impossaball with Earthlight. It has a similar graphical technique but is far better.
>>
>>4137290

Booty was class
>heres some treasure
>oh fuck its a bomb
>open all the doors
>fucking rats and birds fuck your shit up
>diddle do de do diddle dit dit dat

Also ninja massacre and ninja scooter was mint
>>
File: KnightLore[1].png (323KB, 4704x2175px)
KnightLore[1].png
323KB, 4704x2175px
>>4138135
That's a good list. I'd add Back to Skool (Skool Daze II) and the first Batman game is great if you like the Head over Heels kind of isometric adventure. Also Knight Lore amongst other UPtG games.
>>
>>4138175
Yeah, I would've included Batman but thought Head over Heels covered that game type perfectly. I'd maybe add Movie, Zynaps, Dark Star, Starquake and Chuckie Egg to the list as well
>>
>>4138135
http://www.crashonline.org.uk/43/mnaut.htm

One of my favorites on the spectrum, takes some getting used to, but very ahead of its time.
>>
>>4137290
Try Emerald Mine. It's one of the best boulderdash clones out there.
>>
>>4137528
/vr/ in one post
>>
>>4138452
the faggot bitching sure is /vr/ in a nutshell, autism at it's finest
>>
>>4137290
>Cannon Fodder 1/2
>Syndicate
>Shadow of the Beast
>Turrican I/II/III
>Another World
>Banshee
Here you go buddy.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.