[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with RPGCodex' top 10 RPG list? 1 Planescape:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: troll_1.png (24KB, 135x180px) Image search: [Google]
troll_1.png
24KB, 135x180px
Do you agree with RPGCodex' top 10 RPG list?

1 Planescape: Torment
2 Fallout
3 Fallout 2
4 Baldur's Gate 2
5 Arcanum
6 VTMB
7 Morrowind
8 New Vegas
9 Gothic 2
10 Wizardry 8
>>
A whole three titles from that list are retro and only borderline at that.
>>
File: 25491_boxshot_1.jpg (264KB, 870x1107px) Image search: [Google]
25491_boxshot_1.jpg
264KB, 870x1107px
>>4136121
Of course not.
>not a single Ultima
>Vampire: The Masquerade
>Gothic 2
Discarded.
>>
I'm not going to agree with any such list unless I see Unreal World at no. 1
>>
>>4136121
Gothic 2 should be first place.
>>
File: Nameless George.png (95KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
Nameless George.png
95KB, 520x390px
I've been wanting to get into CRPGs these days but I have less RPG timespans so I'm interested in this thread. Like both Fallout and Planescape seemed like I could get into them when I played them for a few hours but I couldn't tell which one I'd like better so I didn't really commit to either of them.

Also I modded Torment so that I could build a dex elf that dumped cha. When I'm not DMing, I like to advance the story through combat. I also am reluctant to play from guides though and I think I may have to if I'm going to dex my way through that game.
>>
>>4136121
But that's not what the Japanese think:

Persona 5
Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
Chrono Trigger
NieR: Automata
Final Fantasy VII
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Suikoden II
NieR
Persona 3
Final Fantasy XV

http://www.dualshockers.com/persona-5-best-rpg-nier-automata/
>>
>>4136232
>Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation
Where does that name come from?
>>
>>4136121
>all computer wrpgs

>>4136232
>all console jrpgs

Fat stupid American eating only apples while superior nippon eat only oranges gozaimasufam
>>
>>4136232

>No Phantasy Star IV
>No Eternal Arcadia
>>
>>4136232
where the fuck is earthbound and panzer dragoon saga
>>
>>4136257
The failure Sega is dishonorable and brings great shame to the emperor, Anon.
>>
>>4136121
Switch Torment with Gothic 2. Torment's gameplay is too shit to be that high.
>>
>>4136261
Sega didn't fail, we failed to support Sega in their time of need. Now we pay the price by only having generic casual boring garbage on (((Sony))) and (((Microsoft))) systems to play anymore.
>>
>>4136261

Sega didn't fail, you failed Sega.
>>
>>4136238
Apparently the iOS version.
Pretty lame title compared to the original.
>>
>>4136157
Fallout 1 is actually really short, especially compared to other crpgs.
>>
>>4136135
what makes Unreal World worthy of no. 1?
>>
>>4136232
>Persona
>Dragon Quest
>Chrono Trigger
Not a surprise. No mature RPG player takes anyone with those preferences seriously, though.
>>
>>4138286
Wow. You're a try hard to the Max. You were 3 in 1993.
>>
>Caring about what a bunch of grognards think.
>>
>>4138305
You can keep playing Ultima/Wizardry ripoff #32167 for Japanese elementary schoolers for all I care, but don't compare those to real quality RPG.
>>
>>4136238

I'd put my seed in the female Warrior.
>>
>>4137865
I like it more than the others.
>>
File: mg3l3pwln82z.jpg (33KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
mg3l3pwln82z.jpg
33KB, 600x768px
>>4138286
>"MATURE" GAMERS LIKE ME
wew
>>
>>4138286
Mature people don't play games.

We are all manchildren here, there is nothing sadder than not admitting that, come on anon.
>>
>>4136121
>Memescape in 1
>Gothic 2
>3 fallout games in top 10
>Wizardy 8 last
>No Ultima
>No Betrayal at Krondor
>No Magicka
>No japanese RPGs whatsoever

Of course not, why should I agree with a laughingstock of nerds who think Witcher games are RPGs or that Gothic 2 or trash like Torment deserves to be in the top 10?
>>4136232
Friendly reminder that Famitsu regularly rigs polls and sells scores to the highest bidder.
If you take any of the things Famitsu publishes seriously you should stop posting anytime.
>>
>>4138571

>No japanese RPGs whatsoever
good
>>
>>4138475
Why this board is now all about arguing who's older in every thread? When this happened? I don't remember it being like this just some months ago.
>>
>>4138286

Look at the age breakdown in OP's link you dumbass.
>>
>>4136121
close to perfect.
>>
>no wild arms

terrible
>>
>>4136121
With the exception of Gothic 2 and Wizardry 8, every game on the list is developed, produced, or otherwise owned by a still existing major US company. Just thought I'd point that out.
>>
>>4138921
are you saying the makers of the list are biased?
>>
>>4138574
Too hard for you, huh? Get good, kid.
>>
File: 6Hrgx.jpg (481KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
6Hrgx.jpg
481KB, 1920x1080px
TOP 3 RPG
- Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (9/10 both)
- IceWind Dale 1 & 2 (8/10 both)
- Pillars of Eternity (8/10)

TOP 3 JRPG
- Landstalker
- Shining force
- Disgaea
>>
>>4136121
I've tried to play Planescape: Torment like 3 times until now. But I just can't do it. Honestly, the gameplay is shit. Combat is weird. I went for a mage but I still managed to CQC early mobs with no problems. It didn't require any micro or thinking. Quests are mostly your typical fedex jobs. The story has interesting setting and ideas and I have no problem believing that it might be very well done but the bad gameplay just makes me drop the game everytime. So I can't really agree with the nr. 1 spot.

I agree with nr. 2 through 4, although I would place BG2 at nr. 2 and switch F1 with F2. I didn't like VTMB at all and never tried the rest, although Arcanum is sitting in my HDD waiting to be played.

All in all, BG2 should be at the top. The game is a miracle, although vanilla needs some enhancements, like the Ascension mod and difficulty mods, like the Sword Coast Strategems.
>>
>>4139040
Why is Shining Force held in such regard?
It's slow as molasses because the cursor always moves to enemies, even when they don't move. The inventory management is a total pain with only 4 slots. The battles themselves aren't terribly strategic, either.
>>
>>4139276
Just don't even touch Arcanum if you can't keep playing Torment because of the "gameplay".
>>
>>4139283
It's because it was the first pure SRPG in the west.
>>
>>4138320
Blame FF7 for that. JRPGs before were better.
>>
>>4140569
>JRPGs before were better.
you mean back when they were actual wizardry/ultima ripoffs?
lol okay
>>
File: asb.png (53KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
asb.png
53KB, 315x315px
>list has 3 Fallout games
>Fallout 1 before Fallout 2

Fallouts are fine games, but Fallout 2 is objectively the best of them in roleplaying sense.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.