[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most enemies can be easily stun locked and you're rarely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: comitDy1qmo396o1_500.gif (416KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
comitDy1qmo396o1_500.gif
416KB, 500x432px
Most enemies can be easily stun locked and you're rarely overwhelmed in numbers. So do the people who say Comix Zone is incredibly hard just get stuck on the puzzle elements or forget to use the rat?

I'm curious if you found this game extremely hard, why?
>>
>>4134645
I still haven't gone back to it. It's all that damn ice level's pit's fault
>>
>>4134645
Comix Zone isn't hard. It just takes few tries to figure out the best routes, secrets, when to use the rat, etc. If I could beat it when I was 8 then /vr anons should have no issue. Just gotta put the time in.
>>
>>4134656
That's my thinking, unless they suck at the combat it's all it could be. People seem to think games that make you learn are impossibly hard.
>>
If you don't play it right you can easily die. Some jumps are tricky to get it right and no encounters are particularly difficult but each one drains you a little bit and if you don't know what you're doing you will end up getting killed. That's how I usually died when I was a kid. I remember missing jumps and stepping on mines a lot on the later levels too.

I wouldn't say it's super hard but it's challenging getting to the end without screwing up even if you played it several times.
>>
Not extremely hard, just kinda gimmicky and glitchy. I remember one part on the 2nd level I wanna say, where you have an enemy across a pit throwing shit at you. The only way past is to use a throwing weapon on him. I've had three runs where the game would not give me the item I needed to pass before that scene, and roadkill didn't find a throwing item on that screen. I've long since lost count of the times the game didn't register hits on an enemy because I was too close/too far(while standing at the same range I always do), I've had two bosses fail to load(needed to reset), and three times I've had bombs kill me from 15 feet away.

I like Comix Zone, but it has some issues. And before anyone blames emu/dirty contacts, I've played many times through Gens, Kega Fusion, and on Model 1 and Model 2 Genesis's. I've experienced glitches on all.
>>
File: godhand.jpg (125KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
godhand.jpg
125KB, 1280x960px
>>4134682
>I remember one part on the 2nd level I wanna say, where you have an enemy across a pit throwing shit at you. The only way past is to use a throwing weapon on him. I've had three runs where the game would not give me the item I needed to pass before that scene, and roadkill didn't find a throwing item on that screen.

I'm pretty sure you get a grenade earlier on the page. Maybe on the same panel even. I'll have to check.

>I've long since lost count of the times the game didn't register hits on an enemy because I was too close/too far

Enemies can block. Get in close and mix up low/high kicks, or grab them.

> I've had two bosses fail to load(needed to reset),

That never happened to me.

>and three times I've had bombs kill me from 15 feet away.

The only time bombs killed me with a near-miss was the minefield that you have to blow while jumping away, since the explosions cover up the platform you have to jump on to.
>>4134667
>its the god hand of old games

this so much.
>>
>>4134667
you meant Dark Souls?
>>
>>4134697
It's the dark souls of god hands.
>>
File: comixzone_051.jpg (117KB, 652x476px) Image search: [Google]
comixzone_051.jpg
117KB, 652x476px
>>4134682
>I remember one part on the 2nd level I wanna say, where you have an enemy across a pit throwing shit at you. The only way past is to use a throwing weapon on him. I've had three runs where the game would not give me the item I needed to pass before that scene, and roadkill didn't find a throwing item on that screen

The part I'm thinking that your referencing has a Strigil up on a rock with a pit in between correct? Because roadkill finds a grenade in that area. Marisa even phones in saying to "throw him something". Now the very next part(pic related) has you dangling on a rope with those fucking birds and the Styx kung fu guy shooting fire balls at you. I find using a saved "Power Blast" item is the best course of action.
>>
>>4134707
I am well aware of that, I've played through multiple times. As I stated, I've had THREE runs where the game does NOT give me a grenade, just the fucking knife at the beginning.
>>
>>4134645

There were only two points that annoyed me, and that was the food storage in 1-2(?) where you had to get through the metal door, and the entry to the temple in 2-3(?) with the wooden spike door. Those two points made me realize you can't just brute-force the game(which is what I think the REAL problem rookies have is, even moreso than finicky controls, which CZ does have). Once I figured out the tricks for those, the game became even more beatable.
>>
File: Comix Zone (J) [!]001.png (27KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Comix Zone (J) [!]001.png
27KB, 960x720px
>>4134689
>>4134682
Okay, I checked that part. There's a guaranteed grenade drop on the left pillar.

You also get 2 Power Smash powerups earlier on the level, one is a secret on... panel 1 I think, the other if you take the left path and use the back door to the arena.

Additionally, you can also just throw an airplane, which is something Alissa prompts you to do (and you need that technique to get past the danger room on the left path anyway).

>>4134712
It ALWAYS gives me the grenade, the few times it does not is when Roadkill faces the other direction and jogs off the platform.

Still, even if you don't, you can just use the airplane, or the two power blasts the game gives you.
>>
>>4134718
>the food storage in 1-2(?) where you had to get through the metal door

Roadkill gives you a bomb there.

There's also a lava cave later on which is supposedly very difficult, but I've never even seen it because you can take a shortcut...
>>
>>4134645
I can't play Comix Zone because my morality won't allow me to use the rat sacrificially or as an expendable item

It's a puzzle game where I find the solutions unconscionable so I stop playing it.
>>
>>4134737
>I can't play Comix Zone because my morality won't allow me to use the rat sacrificially or as an expendable item

You never have to sacrifice him, you can grab him back up after he finds an item. He only dies if you use him to attack the bad guys, and he gets hit.

And even if you do lose him, he usually turns up 3-4 panels later.
>>
>>4134730
>There's also a lava cave later on which is supposedly very difficult, but I've never even seen it because you can take a shortcut...

I took the lava cave on my last play thru(year or two back) because I couldn't remember what it looked like without taking the shortcut. Fuck me that is the wrong path to take kek that part is brutal and fucks your chances of beating that stage.
>>
It's relatively hard mostly because you need some proper knowledge for the puzzle-ish and secrets stuff of the game, the combat however is dogshit so I don't enjoy it that much
>>
>>4134737
You know it's not a real rat, right? Even in the canon of the game it's a comic drawing of a rat. You won't play a game because your morals won't let you hurt a cartoon? How do you play anything?
>>
File: 960.jpg (100KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
100KB, 960x540px
>>4134905
>Even in the canon of the game it's a comic drawing of a rat

Not true. The rat is real in game*.
>>
>>4134697
>Infinite lives no game overs
>can beat without leveling up character once
>>
>>4134730
Oh, I know that NOW...additionally, the 2-3 part you can get through by hanging from one of the cross beams, and QUICKLY rolling through before the door closes.
>>
>>4134921
And that stops you from using it as an item?
>>
>>4134645
Hardest part for me is the fact that you can, and if you are unfamiliar with the levels you will, end up getting stuck in a room with no way out. It took me awhile to figure everything out when I first played it. Now that I know where everything is, though, it's fantastic.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.