[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Capcom director Yoshiki Okamoto commented that the game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].jpg (77KB, 531x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
77KB, 531x768px
>Capcom director Yoshiki Okamoto commented that the game was part of a broader strategy of Capcom at the time to appeal to a wider audience by using established characters from other media, as their original characters could be too niche. Capcom also produced titles based on the comic Area 88 and Destiny of an Emperor in this era.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_(NES)

LOL

Did Capcom really think that fucking Willow would be a bigger character than Mega man?
>>
no, they thought they'd appeal to a wider audience by using established characters from other media.
They didn't release Disney games, Willow, the superior Willow arcade game, etc. instead of Mega Man.
>>
>>4134068

They bet wrong with Willow then. The movie was a bomb, and so was the game. They had to give away copies to new employees to get rid of them.
>>
File: 1447732228982.jpg (139KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1447732228982.jpg
139KB, 500x378px
>>4134087
>mfw I had Willow as a kid and I liked it.
>>
>>4134087
>The movie was a bomb
Nope
>>
>>4134131

>Budget $35 million[2]
>Box office $57.3 million

The studio only gets like 50% of the receipts, so it probably lost money. Willow only gained status on VHS as a cult hit.
>>
>>4134140
Bomb means it's box office was less than it's budget. You mean it wasn't successful in theaters, not that it bombed.
>>
>>4134087
>op has no reading comprehension
>the movie didn't bomb
>doesn't have any source of the NES game sales
>takes a simple story about how a new employee at a games company was given a game as a gift, and twists it into a strawman that somehow reflects the sales of the game.
What a silly thread.
>>
>>4134117

how did you beat that cryptic shit as a kid?
>>
Willow was definitely a good game and a terrible movie.
>>
>>4134693

>そのためか、漫画家の柴田亜美がファミ通上でクソゲーの代名詞としてこのタイトルを挙げた事がある。

>Because of that, manga artist Ami Shibata has cited this title as a synonym for Kusoge on Famitsu.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ウィロー_(ゲーム)
>>
>>4134054
Mega Man doesn't appeal to parents who are going Christmas shopping for their kids because they don't follow video games, but they all know popular childrens movies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.