[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always wanted to own every game for a single console

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: oIhHAMB3.jpg (161KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
oIhHAMB3.jpg
161KB, 600x400px
I've always wanted to own every game for a single console and PS1 is one of my favorites thanks to childhood nostalgia and having some games I can enjoy as an adult. Would it be feasible to put together a complete PS1 set ? My plan is to get alot of the worthwhile games first like the Final Fantasies and platformers and then move on to the shovelware.
>>
>>4133906
>Feasible
No.
No "complete set" is feasible. UNLESS you have a shitload of cash to throw around, up to and including someone to source product for you.

The PS1 is probably one of the consoles with a higher shit game to good game ratio. There's a lot of garbage, and it's got a very inflated library as a result. Stuff's also getting kind of expesive. I bought "Rhapsody: A musical adventure" complete like 5 years ago for I think 35, and it's like 80 now.

My advice to you. Don't bother. It's too late. Get a mod chip. Burn the games one by one as you beat them. Don't play the retro bubble game.
>>
>>4133906
Way too late and too many games. Game gear May be the only one feasible with money.
>>
>>4133906
>including the all the tons Japan only releases? No.

A lot of the PS1 library is shovelware. The amount of space you'd need to store all those games is a lot. If you're rich and have a big house go for it I guess.
>>
>>4133914
I would say the most feasible is probably the Virtual boy because theres so few games for it, which makes sourcing a complete set easy.
>>
>>4133906
>complete PS1 set.
You mean all north american games or literally all playstation games? North american full set is available to download online. I remember once seeing some japanese man selling japanese full set (not sure) for $10000 that like 3200+ individual games.
>>
Literally anything besides PS2, Nintendo handhelds and the Wii has a smaller library
>>
>>4133906
CD based games aren't worth collecting, they'll go bad soon anyway. Look up:

Disc film flaking
Disc rot

CDs aren't meant to last a long time. You'll have a large collection of unreadable CDs eventually.

Also Sony puts shit lasers and laser assembly motors in all the PS1 and 2. So those will go bad eventually too. And nobody makes good replacements for them. There is a Chinese maker who makes replacement PS1 laser assembly and lasers, but they are shit. I bought one, it went bad in weeks.

Roms on SSD memory is the way to go.

Inb4 I'm a Sony hater. I'm not. PS1 is my favorite console and I love it. But I'm just being real, it's a terrible investment.
>>
>>4133930
All PS3's are PS1 backwards compatible. You can play almost every single PS1 game on PS2's and 3's so there's no issues.

PS1's are also insanely cheap. You can still find them for like 5 bucks.
>>
>>4133906
If you really want to, just get the full no intro set somewhere. It should be much easier to find and it'd save you a ton of money if you want to play them on your PSX.

>>4133930
>2017
>still this fearmongering
Technically, it's true that CDs rot over time but unless you're doing your best destroying them or letting them get destroyed they should still be functional for a long time. Not even one PS1 game I bought in the past year was scratched too much, let alone had any of them rotting signs. They shouldn't showcase it either until decades, and I mean several decades later.
And no, I'm not going to call you a Sony hater. I've been a nintendofag myself for all my life and it hasn't been until recently that I decided to get a Playstation and try out a lot of games I never gave a chance during its run time but just because you're putting such a disclaimer at the end of your post doesn't make everything you wrote any more right or probable.
>>
>>4133936
Still there's the disc rot and film flaking problems tho. It doesn't matter how good care you take of them, it's gonna happen sooner rather than later.

Also the emulation on PS3 is crap, the input lag is annoying. Might as well use roms. Also PS2 games only work on the fat backwards compatible models that overheat.

But yes PS1 are really cheap now, I mean in the future.
>>
>>4133943
I was simply saying PS1 is my favorite console. I wasn't trying to use it as a way to validate what I said.

You just always get those faggots who accuse you of being a Nintendo drone any time you say something about PS1.
>>
>>4133906
>collecting just to collect
Don't be the problem with the market. Buy a game because you want that game, not just to look at it. Typically I use emulators/flashcarts but if I really love a game I buy a physical copy. I suggest you try the same.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.