[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see there's an English patch for this, but it's meant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

I see there's an English patch for this, but it's meant for the French ROM rather than the Jap one. I'm guessing that means it's 50Hz.
Is there an english patch anywhere for the jap version?
Is it better to just play this in Japanese?
Is the game even good?
>>
the game is great and has an awesome OST. i didn't know it was never released in anglo lands
>>
File: butoden.jpg (73KB, 612x216px) Image search: [Google]
butoden.jpg
73KB, 612x216px
>>4131193
The game is pretty good. I used to play this with my mate in 2001 or so, he had the japanese game and an adapter for the SNES. The hype was unparalleled. It's slow for today's standards, but still holds up pretty well.
>>
>>4131193
AFAIK, the game wasn't 50hz optimized so it should run fine on 60hz (barring the region lock of course).
It's pretty fun, even though the random and broken stuff is found fast.
>>
File: clubnintendo3.jpg (139KB, 750x1071px) Image search: [Google]
clubnintendo3.jpg
139KB, 750x1071px
Not sure about fan-made english patches, but there is an official english version, somewhere, as a prototype for the NTSC-U release of the game, titled simply "dragon ball". Ban Dai ended up cancelling this release, but the hype for it was real in latin america, not so much in USA where dragon ball wasn't a popular phenomenon yet in the mid 90s.
Yes, it's a good game and often considered to be the best or one of the best retro DBZ games, a classic.
I believe there was a fan-translated ROM online, but I'm not sure about the quality of the translation.
It's a fighting game anyway so you don't really need to understand japanese, although the story mode is actually pretty cool with multiple paths and different endings, so it's better if you can understand it.
>>4131203
>slow
You know about the turbo secret option? (press L+R on the 2nd controller during the intro sequence)
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.