[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treasure thread. This company is dead as far as I can tell,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

File: TREASURE-Co.jpg (10KB, 400x131px) Image search: [Google]
TREASURE-Co.jpg
10KB, 400x131px
Treasure thread.

This company is dead as far as I can tell, which is really unfortunate given what they have achieved. Not only are their games fantastic on a technical level, but also the stuff they put out is very creative and imaginative, sometimes downright crazy, Neon Genesis Evangelion levels. Sin and Punishment and Alien Soldier first come to mind as far as craziness goes. Then this craziness bleeds into their other games, such as Mischief Makers and Wario World.

I never had the chance to finish Sin and Punishment, but last night I watched the ending and I was floored by just how original it was. Ive also been playing through Wario World again and all of the bosses, the enemies and music, everything about this game reeks of Treasure. Yet nobody outside of Treasure fans even notices.

Let's discuss Treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7-AHj8vooE
>>
This will be a fun thread
>>
blog/10
>>
>>4130357
I mean, I have checked their website and their Twitter, and Wikipedia. Treasure has been in stasis since they released Gaist Crusher on the 3DS in 2014. It's depressing.
>>
Wario Land is boring as fuck. Every level is identical. Only the boss fights are good
>>
What is their best game, and why is it Stretch Panic?
>>
I still believe they're going to make a Gunstar 3.
>>
>>4130364
>Every level is identical. Only the boss fights are good
This sums a good portion of treasure games as well
>>
>>4130370
Don't play with my emotions
>>
>>4130372
What Treasure game has the best non-boss content? Ikaruga?
>>
File: IMG_20170330_153608.jpg (45KB, 432x529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170330_153608.jpg
45KB, 432x529px
>No Radiant Silvergun port on PC
>>
Astro boy omega factor is honestly my favorite game from them.
>>
>>4130428
dynamite headdy, mischief makers or gradius 5
>>
>>4130440
Seriously, why hasn't it happened yet? It's on Xbox Live. Also Steam has Ikaruga.
>>
>>4130428
The McDonald's plaformer has some interesting levels
>>
>>4130428
Bangai-O's bosses aren't as important as the levels themselves, in fact the bosses are pretty minimalistic and actually a big portion of them are a parody of typical vidya bosses (that damn core).
Mischief Makers has a ton of bossfights, but I also think it has a ton of level variety, wouldn't say all the levels are the same, in fact, each level in MM feels unique.
>>
>>4130334
What a great soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9PM_gJrN5E
>>
Only games I've played by them are Mischief Makers (loved it) and Ikaruga (thought it was okay).

Which game of theirs do you anons recommend I try out next?
>>
>>4130334
Ikaruga is one of the only games ever made that I would call "art" without hesitation. What a sublime masterpiece of design that game is
>>
>>4130334
>I never had the chance to finish Sin and Punishment
Is this fucking bait

You can finish that game in 1 hour and credit feed through it, not to mention on the default difficulty its piss fucking easy
>>
File: epsiloneagleLG.png (128KB, 1276x892px) Image search: [Google]
epsiloneagleLG.png
128KB, 1276x892px
VISUALSHOCK! SPEEDSHOCK! SOUNDSHOCK!
>>
>>4130428
>What Treasure game has the best non-boss content?
Mischief Makers.
>>
>>4132736
>credit feeding

Well you see anon not everyone is as big a faggot as you
>>
>>4132819
Says the guy that can't 1CC S&P
>>
>>4132736
Wait, S&P doesn't have infinite continues, does it?
You can get some extra credits by GET BONUS!, but you can't "credit feed", unless I'm unaware of some trick to do it.

>normal difficulty
>piss easy
Wow, you're hardcore anon.
>>
>>4132845
>Wait, S&P doesn't have infinite continues, does it?
Enough for anything with a pulse to beat the game.

>Wow, you're hardcore anon.
?
>>
>>4132947
So you can't "credit feed", you can just use the credits that are given to you.
I did beat the game, but I didn't think it was "piss easy".
You 1cc'd it on your first try, anon?
>>
>>4132960
>bullet hell
>babby
Oxymoron

Also
>giggleposter posting on Treasure thread
Not surprising.
>>
>>4132845
>>4132950
The credits are limited but they're handed out so frequently that it's difficult to run out. I would definitely call my first clear of S&P a "credit feed".
>>
>>4130334
>NGE
>Rail shooters
They have a few good games. Most of their gameography is pretty meh. So I mean grats on a doing well at least once but otherwise nothing special.
>>
>>4132962
>Oxymoron
Completely-moron.
>>
File: 1498485061106.png (931KB, 742x713px) Image search: [Google]
1498485061106.png
931KB, 742x713px
life can be good sometimes
>>
>>4132960
he said ikaruga, not radiant silvergun
>>
>>4130580
Always loved this soundtrack for being wild tuneless synth blasting out as you blow shit up and GET BONUS. Given I've heard a lot of the composer's other stuff (Toshiya Yamanaka, he worked on Star Cruiser on the MD amongst others) he's capable of a lot more, but the directionlessness suits this game perfectly.
>>
>>4133196
Impressive
>>
>>4133309
You described it well. The music in S&P has these dark rhythms and melodies which gives the feeling that you are in this perpetual purgatory.
>>
>>4133757
>>4133309
Yamanaka's music has this sort of repetitive directionless to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxX5hQgSgsc
>>
>>4130334
vr hates treasure
>>
>>4133786
>one person hates treasure
>therefore everyone hates treasure!
>>
File: wayne.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
wayne.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>4133795
>one person
>>
>>4133883
>board still likes trashure
>>
>>4133896
kek
>>
>>4133287
You need to play for score in both games, if only for extends.

But really, the average "babby" is going to just credit feed through both games, and RSG makes it easier to do that by letting you play with a pre-leveled ship.
>>
>>4132950
If you used even one continue then it was credit feeding.
>>
>>4130334
i fucking love sin and punishment, definitely in my top 10 of that gen,
heard there was a manga out there, but i never went looking for it tho, is it any good?
and is there any decent scans of the art too? just love the aesthetic and look of the game, wish it carried over into the sequel
>>
>>4133196
I used to have that same type of Toshiba TV. Tube blew a few years back.
>>
Treasure may be "dead" but those memories you have with their games will never go away for as long as you live.
Cherish them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x2AGx5Pwpo
>>
>>4132950
>You 1cc'd it on your first try, anon?
Nah, but there's no way you could know anyway.
I could easily lie to you, which is what most people who pretend to be hardcore online do.
>>
>>4136258
Just post your 1cc run in increments of 2-minute webm's.
>>
>>4135386
dynamite headdy soundtrack, so good.
>>
>>4132950
Been so long ago I don't remember.
>>
>>4136262
I could easily make a video of someone else playing and claim as my own. Or do a TAS; takes some more work and time, but not skill.
>>
>>4134923
The same artist that did work for S&P also worked on Ikaruga.
>>
File: arcahyo1.jpg (75KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
arcahyo1.jpg
75KB, 512x512px
>>4136851
http://www.ikaruga.co.uk/downloads/art.php
>>
File: 1393786-pinkmain.png (107KB, 248x320px) Image search: [Google]
1393786-pinkmain.png
107KB, 248x320px
Would you?
>>
>>4130428
common knowledge, but gunstar heroes? the gba sequel is good too.
>>
>>4138928
Not retro reeeeee
>>
>>4139408
i dont really thing "retro" should be defined by years.

a gba is basically a portable snes without 2 buttons and if snes is considered retro, gba should be too because its games are just snes games at its core.
>>
>>4139524
I DON'T CARE, THE GBA IS NOT RETRO FUCK YOU
>>
>>4139402
I just feel MD Gunstar has a lot more content. GBA felt immensely cut down.

>No weapon mixing, just preset weapons per char
>Can be beaten in half an hour, emphasis on speedruns
>Far less awesome spritebased drama, story scenes are also emphasised and are talking heads
>Not half as punchy audio
>Red is a trap now, amongst other redesigns. I miss the old Bisonlooking Smash Daisaku
>has a bunch of cut content that could've padded the game out more, and classic Sega cameos which would've been cute
>no throwing, Gunstar without throwing, god damn
>no Love Love Dancing

GSH isn't terrible, it just seems like it could've been a ton more, or even wildly different like Advance Guardian Heroes. I dig the knife attack and the super bazooka special, also the minecart having a middle of the screen 'hover' state. Fuck shit like the Flicky/Thunderblade level though.
>>
>>4139524
I disagree. The graphics may be similar, but the way the games were designed is different. Just look at how Gunstar Super Heroes had a larger emphasis on storytelling than the original game did. That's the direction gaming was going in at the time, even on the GBA.
>>
>>4139602
but where's the better stretch panic?
>>
File: kozi-live-5.jpg (43KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
kozi-live-5.jpg
43KB, 540x534px
>>4139602
Ranger X as counterpart for Bangai-O? Nigga, you trying hard.
>>
>>4139602
Treasure has a very unique approach to game design that I dont see in other companies. They also have a unique direction as far as sound/visuals go. Like when I played Wario World for the first time I knew for sure I played a game with this same feeling before (which turned out to be Mischief Makers)
>>
>>4139628
>Treasure has a very unique approach to game design that I dont see in other companies
Just because you haven't played many games.
>>
>>4139538
>Red is a trap now

Last I checked Super Red was literally a girl, not a guy who looked like one? It's been a really long time since I played, though.
>>
looks like the janman got triggered by unpopular opinions again lol
>>
>>4139643
>look how not mad I am, guyise!
>>
>>4139647
i'm so furious. especially when all someone has to do to see the post is go here

https://warosu.org/vr/?task=search2&search_del=yes

your face when janman's power-tripping is useless :(
>>
>>4139648
>i'm so furious
why yes, you are.
>>
>>4139640
Weirdly the American version cements Red's a girl and even changes their voice to suit. Japan leaves it weirdly vague. It's odd.
>>
>>4139649
must suck being so autistic you can't tell sarcasm
>>
>>4140370
I wonder if in the Japanese version Treasure intentionally leaves Red as ambiguous or if it's just because the Japanese language is very vague to begin with. We should get a moon-speaking /vr/ member to investigate.
>>
File: 1271297970992.png (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1271297970992.png
13KB, 500x500px
>>4140413
>>
>>4130334
Stop comparing me to Wario you're egocentricity and blatant delusional narcissism is showing too plainly again.
>>
>>4139569
Yeah the snes' most celebrated games aren't largely narrative driven or anything
>>
>>4141087
I mean, narrative driven games still existed, but it wasn't so widespread that you would expect loads of cutscenes in a run-and-gun game.
>>
I like Treasure, but admittedly most of their games are pretty pleb/casual. Like the only one of their games I had to devote serious time into were Iuchi's shumps.
>>
>>4142386
They prolly needed to make arcade games from the start to toughen up
>>
>>4142395
Didn't many of the members of Treasure start out that way? They all came from experienced backgrounds.
>>
>>4144026
They worked on a few Konami games but not arcade afaik, imo arcade devs may have a different idea on how to develop games after they get experienced with that environment. RSG to me still feels kind of console-styled (it feels like a Saturn game ported to the arcade rather than the opposite) while Ikaruga feels like a proper arcade game (shorter games, simpler controls with 2 buttons, more straightforward level design that isn't just a boss rush etc)
>>
>>4142386
Silhouette Mirage and Guardian Heroes are good
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.