[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am playing Albert odyssey on my Saturn with pseudo saturn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 2011-01-12224444.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2011-01-12224444.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
So I am playing Albert odyssey on my Saturn with pseudo saturn kai (most recent update), got pretty far in the game but this fucking bug that I am getting now is preventing me from going any further...
Picked up the rom on emu paradise but I don't believe its a bad rip as I picked up this picture from another website where someone was having the same issue...
Can anybody shed a bit of light on this? I honestly dont care if the game is just fucked and I can't go any further, but im not going to dedicate more time to trying to fix something thats fubar.
>>
>>4128168
Pseudo Saturn doesn't have 100% compatibility.

You should've bought a modchip instead.
>>
>>4128175
Normally I would agree with you but Ive made it more than halfway through the game.
does it really work that way?
>>
>>4128175
good thing its easy as fuck to use the swap trick instead which does have 100% compatibility.
>>
>>4128178
plus it only happens for this particular battle when I cast heal. If I battle a normal monster and heal a character it works fine, but for facing off with ainn the boss it gives that error at the bottom
>>
>>4128183
Git gud and beat it without healing.
>>
>>4128217
just about to do that lol
bought 95 peppermints and am gonna use the dragons heal breath to prevent using the sprite that causes the error
>>
Any idea why the heal spell triggers that error?
>>
>>4128227
no clue, it works fine everywhere up until this boss battle nearly 3/4ths of the way through the game. my only thought is when it was ported one of the changes they made fucked with this battle in particular. other than my instance of this I only saw it on one other forum from 2011. and pseudo saturn wasnt really a big thing then...
>>
>>4128227
I actually figured it out, its not the heal spell doing the bug. It is the quickster spell which speeds agility of a character. might have something to do with the boss casting it on himself but having a conflict when i cast it on my own players. Ill keep you posted if I beat it and move on.
>>
>>4128175
You always pop up in Saturn threads saying the same thing.
It seems as if you shelled out for a modchip, then pseudosaturn became a thing and you hold a grudge against people who get the opportunity to play backups without having to spend money other than $1 for a CD-R.
>>
File: 20170717_195036.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170717_195036.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
Having only the dragon heal works well.... For the dragon...
If it means I can beat this fuck and move on without bugging out I'm in.
>>
>>4128274
congrats OP
>>
Is this the game with the talking sword that's not Tales of Destiny?
>>
>>4128284
this is that game
>>
>>4128245
Considering the error in that picture says:
GFS ERR NEXIST = RESURREC. MGC
...it definitely sounds like the healing spell was triggering it.

DBG ERR =-001 is a disc read error, and is apparently a pretty common issue. That one says GFS ERR CDRD at the bottom.
>>
>>4128310
the only saturn game ive encountered with a disc error was shining force 3. it has a disc read error if your CD is too dirty/scratched.
>>
>>4128310
Yeah, wonder why though. wound up beating it without casting that spell. so at least I learned something today.
>>
Try a rom from the redump project.
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Need_Games%3F

Just because you can find a particular rom in many sites, it doesn't mean it is a good rom.
>>
Not sure if it fixed this bug, but I know there's a version 1.1 of the game.
>>
Op here. Like I mentioned, The issue exists when using quickster while battling aine who also uses quickster, nowhere else did I notice this issue. Just beat the game, so thread is kinda moot now, take is as a "the more you know" sort of thing. I beat aine by using healing breath and resurrect when characters died. Just keep pike and gryzz alive and it's an easy battle.
>>
How long did the final fight take? I gave up on the game at the end when the boss fights in those towers took over an hour to complete.
>>
>>4128274
That's all he's good for anyway.

I remember spamming heal breath every round of the final battle.
>>
>>4128250
>It seems as if you shelled out for a modchip, then pseudosaturn became a thing and you hold a grudge against people who get the opportunity to play backups without having to spend money other than $1 for a CD-R.

Wrong on both counts since I have had a Rhea before pseudosaturn became a thing, and before that I used original games only.

Pseudo just doesn't work all the time. Deal with it.
>>
>>4128874
Honestly it takes like a half hour per fight. Sucks when you get to the end of some of the battles because they just start spamming outrageous attacks that hurt the whole team. Last fight went for an hour but that's only because I stopped to grab beer down the corner. So I'd guess 45 minutes on the last one.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.