[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this is still the best Castlevania game What went so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: supercv4.png (16KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
supercv4.png
16KB, 256x224px
>tfw this is still the best Castlevania game

What went so bloody right, /vr/?
>>
>>4126525
they made it babby easy for casuals such as urself
>>
>>4126525
No.
>>
Good graphics, impressive soundtrack, great atmosphere, and the feeling of being in an epic journey to defeat Dracula thanks to the level progression.
>>
File: castlva-goddamnit.png (78KB, 600x1500px) Image search: [Google]
castlva-goddamnit.png
78KB, 600x1500px
EIGHT WAY WIPPAN
>>
Tight controls, baroque art direction, solemn soundtrack, and the ability to trigger australia-kun to insane levels.
>>
>>4126818
What are some other games with baroque are and music?
>>
>>4126536

haha what the fuck is that thing, it looks like something the Captain N animators would create
>>
>>4126525
There's 5 versions not counting ports.

Vampire killer on msx was a metriod vania . There was castlevania chronicles too on ps1 remaking the nes game.

Haunted castle for arcades.
>>
>>4126525
This obvious bait.
>>
>>4126531
I've 2-ALL'd the hardest retro game of all time (Ghosts & Goblins) and my favourite CV is still Super IV. It's simply too brilliant to not love.
>>
But, we all still agree that "Bloodlines" sucks, yes?
>>
>>4127659
I like the German stage in Bloodlines.

Also, best music of any Classicalvania.
>>
File: castele02.jpg (55KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
castele02.jpg
55KB, 640x445px
>>4127659
(YOU)

>>4127681
>Also, best music of any Classicalvania.
Agreed. The entire OST is amazing.
>>
>>4127681
>Also, best music of any Classicalvania.

Shame it sounds like dogshit on the Genesis' sound chip...
>>
Am I supposed to play this before or after Rondo of Blood?
>>
>>4127921

Not part of the Dracula X Chronicles, so I guess it comes after CV III, despite the release date.
>>
>>4127921
Release order = SCV4 came before Rondo.
Chronological order = SCV4 is 100 years before Rondo.
Story = It doesn't matter, Rondo makes no specific references to SCV4. The only Simon related reference in Rondo at all is Shaft making you boss-rush all the bosses from the original NES CV.
>>
>>4126525
Good control. Don't know why every other classicvania besides Bloodlines (to a certain extent) purposely has such stiff controls. I get that that's part of the challenge but it's irritating dying from something that would be easily avoidable or easy to recover from in any other platformer.
>>
>>4128068
git good. waggle whip is for babbys.
>>
>>4128068
Castlevania is very different from something like mario, or contra. It's supposed to be methodical, and emphasize decision making more than reaction.
>>
>>4127984
What about in terms of gameplay and level design?
IV seems more advanced but it would make more sense to play Rondo after that because it leads into SOTN am I right?
>>
File: ignoreaustralian.png (65KB, 919x737px) Image search: [Google]
ignoreaustralian.png
65KB, 919x737px
>>4126525
Stop this, Straya-kun
>>
>>4128127
IV has multi-directional whipping and air control.
Rondo has back-flipping, item crashes, a second playable character, and multiple pathways.
They're both fun.
>>
>>4128167
Rondo has air control too, but you have to hold the jump button down to do it.
>>
>>4128196
Yeah but you can only change direction once per jump
>>
>>4126525
>bloody
>>>/int/brit/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.