[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're 10 years old, you're sick with a cold and you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 17

You're 10 years old, you're sick with a cold and you're home from school. What vidya ya playin?
Home schooled need not apply
>>
Some of my favorite "too sick for school, but not for vidya"-core:
Quackshot
Tiny Toon Buster Busts Loose
Super Star Wars
DKC2
Sonic 3
>>
File: Pokemon_Yellow.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Yellow.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>4126251
Loved to play Pokémon Yellow or Mario Tennis on my GBC when I was sick.
>>
Metroid for sure
>>
Battletoads, Double Dragon, Megaman 2, or any one of the Mario Bros on nes. Damn i miss those days.
>>
>>4126251
at that age I had left home and was living under the sink in the bathroom of a closed hospital
I got money by literally mugging people and pick pocketing and had had my throat burned out with bleach rendering me mute for several months
I played games at a daycare for other people's children

probably planescape torment or secret of evermore

they kept saving over my files
>>
File: 1445427589387.gif (51KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1445427589387.gif
51KB, 500x376px
>>4126251
Sonic 2, or Sonic and Knuckles, maybe Cool Spot, at least until mom comes to howl and bitch about me gaming, or dad decides to get liquored up at 10 am and start a fight with mom.

Grew up poor, only had a partially busted genesis until about 12 or so. Making up for a lot of lost time these days. Would use hardware, but my little brother sold most of it for drug money while i was at collage. Fun stuff.
>>
>>4126251
Something easy fun and relaxing:

Spyro
DBZ Legends
>>
>>4126251
Sadly, I wasn't even sick in the 5th grade. If I were, I'd be playing the shit outta Crash Bandicoot on the GBA.
>>
>>4126251
I rarely got sick throughout my childhood, if at all, and I was always a very strong and healthy kid.

But at weekends, if I am not studying, watching something on TV, watching a VHS/LaserDisc/DVD/VCD (yes, DVDs already existed when I was 10 in 1998, and we imported some VCDs from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines), listening to music on my Discman or Walkman, working out (yes, I was actually working out, even as a kid, I was a very fit kid) or playing basketball or some other sport (if it's not basketball, it's usually ice hockey but there are some other ones).
I would be playing Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VII, Xenogears, A Link to the Past, Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid, Zelda I, Super Mario Bros. 1, Super Mario World, Mario Kart 64, Super Castlevania IV, Spyro the Dragon, Super Star Wars Trilogy or Final Fantasy VI (formerly Final Fantasy III) on my many home consoles.
On my handhelds, I would usually be playing Link's Awakening, Metroid 2, Super Mario Land, Castlevania: The Adventure or Kirby's Dream Land.
Or maybe playing some Command & Conquer, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Age of Empires, RollerCoaster Tycoon or SimCity on my PC.

But I did play many other games.
>>
>>4126251
Crash team racing (or any other crash game)
Spyro 2
Pacman world
Rayman 1/2
A bug's life
>>
File: 1241294199838.png (211KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1241294199838.png
211KB, 400x600px
Playing Mario Kart 64 on my new N64, because Sonic let me down.
>>
>playing games

I watched Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry all day because it was all Cartoon Network aired.
>>
>>4126251
Shit, I played though BoF2 when I was about 12-14. The whole thing was like a trippy fever dream, I was sick as fuck with a hectic chest infection and agonizing ear-ache. Good times.
>>
Played through Majora's Mask for the first time while I was out with chicken pox in like 5th grade. Comfy levels were so high that the itching didn't even bother me
>>
File: 4prv1.jpg (20KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
4prv1.jpg
20KB, 500x484px
>>4126251
I didn't had any vidya until I was 11.
>>
File: 152863.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
152863.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>4126251
Leisure Suit Larry.
>>
File: IMG-20170707-WA0010.jpg (34KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170707-WA0010.jpg
34KB, 540x960px
Got stitches on my upper lip when I was 8 from biting the parking lot curb when playing tag, after getting my lip stitched up I got spyro the dragon, McDonald's, and the rest of the week off of school. Did not move from the TV set the rest of that week.
Makes me wish I fucked my shit up more as a kid.
>>
>>4126425
what a disgusting post.
>>
>>4126251
probably either Sonic 3 or Super Mario Kart
didn't have S&K at the time
>>
Super mario 64 and banjo kazooie
>>4126330
I have a hard time believing your story but you should tell your stories in a /v/ that kid thread one day if what you say isnt true.
>>
>>4126251

Whenever i got sick, one of my parents would stay home too, and it was always "if you're too sick for school, you're too sick for games."
>>
Contra Hard Corps, Magical Quest, Chrono Trigger and Pocket Bomberman are the only specific ones I remember.
>>
>>4126251
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist and Rocket Knight Adventures. Good F'n games considering I was dumb and didn't get a Snes.
>>
>>4127236
He's a schizo attention whore who thinks they're Taylor Swift's twin, ignore.
>>
>>4126251
I remember being sick for a couple of days in October and playing Resident Evil 1&2 and it was comfy as fuck
>>
File: genesis.jpg (60KB, 614x384px) Image search: [Google]
genesis.jpg
60KB, 614x384px
>>4127426
snes is fuckn garbage my nig
you made the right choice
>>
>>4127479
why is the left side of that model 1 so long?
also
>not being segatendo idorts during 4th gen
peasants.
>>
The most vivid retro sick day i remember is vomiting in between bouts playing turtles in time on the snes tryimg to distract myself from the stomach pain.
It was hot and i remember it not working too well.
>>
>tfw I used to play GameCube, PS2 and GBA when I stayed home
>>
Majora's Mask on GameCube getting stuck without a guide.
>>
>"If you feel good enough to play video games, then you feel good enough to go to school!"

If I was home from school, I wasn't allowed to play vidya.

>>4127325
This guys gets it.
>>
>>4127325
>>4127750
military, catholic, or both?
>>
>>4127753
When you're sick with a cold you should rest. Military Catholics are more sensible than you.
>>
Hmmm this is 2005 for me?

I remember when this happened actually.

Pokemon
Halo 2
DBZ Tenkaichi
Sonic Megacollection
Burn Out
Harvest Moon

Honestly too many to name. Right before the XB360 came i had all 3 systems and hella games on PS2 and Xbox
>>
There were no videogames when i was 10. Even the vcs was years away.
>>
turrican II
Exhumed
Sega Rally Championship
>>
>>4127325
my dad would do this if he was also home so I'd have to resort to gameboy smuggling shenanigans like "taking a shit"
>>
I usually didn't play games. If I was too sick for school then games would give me headaches.

I remember watching a lot of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood when I was sick.
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>4126334
>collage
Oohh Anon
>>
I'm watching Judge Judy, Maury, The Price is Right, reruns of 80s shows, and soap operas.
>>
>>4126251
Fire up my old (even in 2005) PC and play flash games all day, bask in the glorious glow of a CRT 600X800 monitor.
>>
IF YOU'RE TOO SICK FOR SCHOOL YOU'RE TOO SICK FOR VIDEO GAMES YOU CAN'T TURN ON YOUR GAMEBOY UNTIL AFTER 3:00
>>
If you're too young to have played /vr/ games when you were sick as a kid, then you're too young for /vr/
>>
>>4128162
Isn't it impossible to be too young to have played "/vr/ games" when you were a kid? Old consoles didn't disappear. And emulators have been around for years. You can only have been too old to play them, before they existed.
>>
I was regularly sick in the Winter time growing up, the house we lived in was nearly a shack, and it would have black mould growing everywhere when it got cold, it got so bad one Winter I had pneumonia, I remember playing lots of Super Mario World and Joe and Mac during that time, in-between bouts of hallucinations due to a high fever from the pneumonia.
>>
>>4126251
Mom says if I'm sick enough that I can't go to school, I can't play vidya.
Pic related.
>>
>>4127479
>the console chosen for some of the best games ever, still praised by critics till this day
>garbage

If anything I am mad Nintendo won't allow you to BUY the library of games for their 'X-mas present from Grandma and resellers on ebay' tier 'console'.
>>
>home-schooled need not apply
o-ok ;_;
>>
>>4128640
Its good but genesis is better
I likemario
>>
File: Freekstyle_Coverart.png (205KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
Freekstyle_Coverart.png
205KB, 256x361px
Oh hell yeah
>>
I once faked sick during a particularly bad phase of Animal Crossing addiction.
>>
I was 10 in 1993. I would most likely be watching talk shows in between rounds of Mortal Kombat 2 and World of Illusion.
>>
>>4126251
kirby superstar
>>
File: 12154865432.png (274KB, 718x642px) Image search: [Google]
12154865432.png
274KB, 718x642px
>>4126251
2002 and still playing the Kunio basketball game on my famiclone, Kunio was a huge part of my childhood.
>>
>>4126330
No one cares.
>>
>>4127983
>playing vidya
>at all physically exerting in any way
>>
>>4128162
When I was a kid, I played /vr/ games to relax after getting home from working out or playing basketball.
>>
I'm playing North and South on my Amiga 600.

I don't remember when I got a PC, but if I had it by then, I probably emulated super nintendo games with zsnes. I think I would've commited suicide at a young age if it wasn't for snes emulation.
>>
Head down to the labyrinth to stop Dark Sol.
>>
I was 10 in 2004 i think around that time i played a lot of destroy all humans.
>>
File: 250px-Cncra2-win-cover[1].jpg (30KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Cncra2-win-cover[1].jpg
30KB, 250x355px
Skirmish mode against AI
>>
>>4128915
not retro. read the sticky faggot
>>
Most of the times I got sick back in school I actually was too sick for games, and I realized that myself. One of those times my dad set up the PSX in my room and I couldn't even play from how fucked up I was.

But when I could play it was mostly Gran Turismo
>>
At 10 years old I was probably playing Banjo-Tooie
>>
>>4126330
I had a friend who was a ruffian like you. We took him in and he stole some of our shit. Now I have a disdain for all homeless because of him.

Serious tho, after living with him for a few days I understood why his foster father beat the shit out of him.
>>
>>4126330

Who gets mugged by a 10 year old?
>>
File: Final Fantasy III (USA).000.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy III (USA).000.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>4126330
>they kept saving over my files
Ha, just deserts
>>
File: 12 shinobi.jpg (36KB, 179x257px) Image search: [Google]
12 shinobi.jpg
36KB, 179x257px
Shinobi. Best sick day ever. :D
>>
File: ttd.png (354KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ttd.png
354KB, 1280x1024px
Transport Tycoon Deluxe

I've been having the case of summer flu for the past few days and I've been playing Fallout 1. Flu is just not the same when you're a grown up, I feel stupid for missing the times when I was a kid, sick, and didn't need to go to school.
>>
I jacked off to day time work out shows
>>
>>4133289
Who hasn't?
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.