[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a fever, and the only cure is Gradius. Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1430396630205.jpg (515KB, 1000x569px) Image search: [Google]
1430396630205.jpg
515KB, 1000x569px
I've got a fever, and the only cure is Gradius.

Problem is, I've already beaten I, II, III, Gaiden, IV and V. Which sister franchise was the best? I've already beaten all the Parodius and played a bit of Twinbee.
>>
File: Lets_get_off_to_a_good_start.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Lets_get_off_to_a_good_start.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>4125450
I think Salamander and Life Force is pretty good.
>>
>>4125450
Play Salamander, Salamander 2, Gradius 2 68K (different game from regular Gradius 2), Nemesis 1 and 2, and Odomedius
>>
>>4125938
Why no Nemesis 3?

>>4125450
Check out Gradius ReBirth for Wii, it's better than V but not as good as the arcade Gradiuses.
>>
From the Salamander series, its best games are Life Force and Salamander 2. Salamander's arcade game is borderline broken with its iffy hitboxes. The PCE port fixes this and other issues though.

Be sure to play Xexex as well; it's one of Konami's best.
>>
>>4125450
Try a real game like Gaiares. It's similar but different enough to be refreshing. Lots of room for fin strategy with different upgrades.
>>
How about pushing further your fav gradius game, the fun start in the loops
>>
>>4126150
Oh the gaiares memer is here again
>>
File: Poster1.jpg (606KB, 1600x2182px) Image search: [Google]
Poster1.jpg
606KB, 1600x2182px
>>4126169
CAN YOU SAY
GAY ARE US!
GAY ARE US!
GAY ARE US!
>>
File: DSCF3446.jpg (573KB, 2816x1864px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3446.jpg
573KB, 2816x1864px
>>4126169
One of my favorite games of my favorite system. Gotta ship it when I can!
>>
>>4125468

This. But not the NES Lifeforce, or the Japanese arcade one. Salamander on arcade or PC Engine, or Life Force (USA) on MAME/FBA.
>>
Have you not tried Gradius Galaxies (GBA)?
>>
I love graidius III, the music is beautiful. I'm not sure i've ever beaten it though. :(
>>
Gradius III SFC
Gradius II FC (seriously, it's like its own new game)
LifeForce FC
Gradius Galaxies
Nemesis '90

Bam, 5 new games.
>the only cure is Gradius.
Have my baby
>>
>>4125953
>Why no Nemesis 3?
Just not a fan of 3 myself.
>>
>>4125450
>I've already beaten
If that isn't 1 credit clears you haven't beaten them at all and the games infinitely loop anyway so you can never truly beat them, why aren't you learning the loops?
>>
>>4126501
you can't credit feed in the gradius trilogy
>>
>>4126501
1 credit is arguably easier than to keep playing after you die. I've beaten level 7 in Gradius III Arc with no powers, that was fun. The homing enemies out-sped my ship 4 to 1
>>
>>4126587
some bosses in gradius 3 are literally impossible to recover after you die like the plant boss or the moai face boss
>>
>>4126591
I used to think so too, but it's possible to time them out. In fact it makes Vais somewhat easier to never shoot it at all. The planet isn't that bad regardless.

Timing out is sort of like cheating though, a lot of the wall bosses you can just sit in a corner and jam the fire button. That's not fun.
>>
>>4126596
can you even dodge the plant boss blowing attack without speed ups? I don't think it's possible
>>
>>4126601
If you stay to the left when it starts it can't suck you in, at least in the arcade. Like Airman, some patterns might be unavoidable though.
>>
>>4126601
Timing out the plant boss is easy, lad.
>>
YES. I finally found a consistent way to get past the corridor in level 7 of Gradius III ARC
>>
>>4126240
I'M GIVE UP
YOUR APPELLATION'S

TECHNICAL MONKEY
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.