[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone needs to make a 6-button hack for this game that maps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: genesis-alien-soldier-box.jpg (71KB, 189x265px) Image search: [Google]
genesis-alien-soldier-box.jpg
71KB, 189x265px
Someone needs to make a 6-button hack for this game that maps your 4 weapons to X, Y, A and B, getting rid of the ring system, and puts the switching from fixed/free shot to the Mode button instead of down+shot.
>>
>>4125370
I agree. the ability ring is a little clunky to use in this otherwise fast-paced game
>>
>>4125370
>>4125403

switching weapons is supposed to make you vulnerable. You're not intended to be able to quick switch. If they wanted you to quick switch they would have made A just cycle weapons when you press it instead of stopping your movement and opening the ring. Stopping to switch weapons is a commitment and is part of the game design.

> and puts the switching from fixed/free shot to the Mode button instead of down+shot.

that would be nice, but I don't think down+A is that troublesome to use.
>>
>>4125370
Is it possible to 1cc this game without using the dash?
>>
>>4125596
here's one, with some other silly restrictions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDjEehZBEYE
>>
>>4125473
Deliberate mistakes are still mistakes.
it is very definitely an explicit design choice considering that Gunstar Heroes let you switch between the three options by just pressing repeatedly, but it hampers the game a fair bit

if there's one thing I wish, it's that free/fixed shot was based on something like tapping shot vs holding it
but I feel like you'd need to rework the weapons a bit for that
>>
>>4125816
>Deliberate mistakes
Try to observe the game as it wants to be, not as you want it to be. If the game lets you perform to a high degree of precision, (as it does, because you can actually beat the game without ever getting hit) then you shouldn't be considering this mechanic a mistake, just something you don't agree with.
>>
>>4126619
More likely they came up with the fancy ring menu selection but couldn't program it to spin fast enough.
>>
>>4126623
...but we can diminish the effects of it.
>>
If there wasn't a delay on switching weapons then you'd never have a reason to stick with a weakened weapon.
>>
>>4126625
Punch is the most overpowered weapon anyway since you can turn projectiles into health pickups.
>>
>>4126627
This and the dash ruin the game for me desu.

>mfw someone says Alien Soldier is hard near me
>>
Sega crippled their console by selling out to fighting games instead of following the SNES controller design

Every run n gun on the system would be better with shoulder buttons to lock your position

Instead GSH and C:HC had to settle for some pretty half assed solutions
>>
>>4127282
if developers could expect everyone to have a 6 button controller on Genesis, a lot of games would have massively benefited, but there was basically no way to do that other than to bundle a controller
also, the Mode button on the Sega's standard 6-button controller (MK-1653) is placed where the R button would be (but annoyingly, it's in the center near Start on the turbo-fire MK-1470), it'd have basically been perfect for that use
>>
>>4125473
I don't care what it's "supposed" to do it's still stupid and hella dumb.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.