[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /vr/; just wondering - were any games ported straight FROM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2963l.jpg (65KB, 657x600px)
2963l.jpg
65KB, 657x600px
hi /vr/;
just wondering - were any games ported straight FROM the super nintendo TO windows or DOS?
pic is the closest example i could find; there were a few examples of SNES games being ported to PSX, but outside of "best of" collections and things, i can't think of a single SNES title that was ported straight to the PC.
>>
>>4122934
There would be no reason to, due to emulation. Back when SNES games were still being sold PCs had a hard enough time running the games. It would have been a lot of R&D to get smooth decent framerates on a port of a SNES game and the potential of sales wouldn't have been high enough to justify it since people were already starting to emulate and PC has always been prone to piracy.
>>
There were Megaman X1 and X2 ports on MSDOS in China, I think.
>>
>>4122942
MMX1 came out on PC in Europe too. Not sure about the rest.

MMX3 had a PC version too, but contrary to X1 it seems to be a port of the PS1/Saturn version (CD music, fmv cutscenes)
>>
Be aware, MMX on PC sucks.
>>
Not off the top of my head but there were a few Genesis/Sega CD games ported to PC
>>
>>4122960
interesting! do you remember what they were!

thanks for the notes guys, really interesting stuff. this is all academic, i don't need the data for anything.
>>
>>4122934
earthworm jim, but the pc ports sucked ass
>>
>>4122968
>there was never a good port of an Earthworm Jim game
>there never will be
>>
>>4124747
Isn't the Sega CD version generally considered the best?
>>
>>4122934
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers is literally what you're asking for, it's a straight port of the SNES version to DOS
>>
>>4124789
And it runs like hot monkey ass.
>>
>>4124758
I suppose if you count the SNES and CD's as ports.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.