[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna hook up composite consoles to a VGA screen, but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: comptovga.jpg (22KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
comptovga.jpg
22KB, 600x490px
I wanna hook up composite consoles to a VGA screen, but I have a couple questions...

1) Is there a difference between a 10$ chinese and a 50$ converter?
2) Do these cause input LAG?
3) Do I need anything else?

also, I dunno, general stupid questions thread I guess
>>
>implying the $50 option isn't Chinese
All consumer electronics and their peripherals are made in China.
>>
Of course they cause lag not to mention tearing. Why on earth do you want to convert composite to vga?
>>
>>4122862
>Why on earth do you want to convert composite to vga?

cause I dont have the space for a CRT, modern TVs arent apt for old vidya for the reasons we all know, and an old repurposed laptop screen with CRT input is the only option available to me at the mo
>>
>>4122926
>laptop screen with CRT input

VGA input, sorry
>>
>>4122926
>CRT input
I assume you mean a laptop LCD with VGA input. That's going to look worse than plugging composite directly into a flatscreen.
>>
>>4122967
as long as there's not half a second of input lag as there currently is with my flatscreen it's OK. I'm not going for top notch quality here, I just want to play Melee one last summer with my friendos before I move out. Then I'll get a CRT. Do these converters give much input delay? I'm reading up google results and nobody mentions it, only the picture quality and such
>>
>>4122976
>Do these converters give much input delay?
It's analog to analog so it could be worse, but yes.

>melee
Are you playing it on GC or Wii?
https://www.amazon.com/Wii-HDMI-Adapter-Nintendo-Dragonpad/dp/B005QB868Q
>>
>>4122926
>I dont have the space for a CRT
Ah, this old chestnut. You need to make room. Maybe chuck out a few of the shitty old laptop screens you have cluttering up the place?
>modern TVs arent apt for old vidya for the reasons we all know
Those reasons being input lag, terrible upscaling, horrible black levels, smearing on movement and poor viewing angles. All of the above, by the way, will be present on your proposed setup along with miniscule screen size.
>an old repurposed laptop screen with CRT input is the only option available to me at the mo
Then I'd suggest waiting a bit until you have more funds and/or space available...
>>
>>4122991
>Then I'd suggest waiting a bit until you have more funds and/or space available...
Maybe read the entire post you're replying to.
>>4122976
Composite to VGA on a LCD is going to look like hot dogshit and you'll have input delay. Consider either emulating, getting this >>4122983 if you're using a Wii or geting component cords and a component to VGA box. That's a much better conversion.
>>
>>4122991

Everything you just about LCD tvs stopped being an issue since 2010
>>
>>4122998
>Maybe read the entire post you're replying to.
You mean thread? I'm phoneposting and got distracted calibrating one of my BVMs.

>>4123015
Don't tell me, tell OP. I'm perfectly happy with CRTs and plasmas and will be for the forseeable future.
>>
Buy component cables for your Wii, connect it to your HDTV with them and switch the Wii into 480p.
>>
>>4123049
I pity the saps that have HDMI-only TV's.
>>
>>4123062
Chances are those TVs are going to be pretty shitty anyway but even in those cases a component to hdmi converter doing 480p is going to give much much better results than what OP's trying to do. Even if he has to use the laptop screen he'd be much better off buying a Wii VGA cable than trying to convert composite to VGA.
>>
yknow, im looking up youtube vids and maybe im just looking for what I want to see but composite to VGA conversion doesnt look as bad as you guys make it out to be
>>
>>4123178
thanks for all the help btw, taking notes
>>
>>4123178
I tried that with the composite to VGA converters I have. It didn't work. I feel like I wasted money. Not worth the trouble.
>>
>>4122926
>I dont have the space for a CRT
Yes you do.
>>
>>4122761
>this thread again
They're shit summer. Convince your mom to let you get a CRT.
>>
>>4122991
>Make room
Seriously this. You can get a trinitron for ten bucks on craigslist. Just clear off an old computer desk of tv stand for it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.