[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like these kind of framed features for a living/gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

Do you like these kind of framed features for a living/gaming room? I was thinking of making something like pic related for my SNES
>>
Looks fucking stupid
>>
>>4121443
That would go perfect with my staple holder.
>>
Why don't you frame all the consoles, launch games, boxes, etc. while you're at it?
>>
File: 0cf4260a41984b56a7836236221217a0.jpg (261KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0cf4260a41984b56a7836236221217a0.jpg
261KB, 1152x1536px
>>4121443
this is now a gore thread
>>
>>4121476
>5.25 Media dashboard
>no 5.25 drive

HORROR
>>
>>4121476
>>4096751
>>
alternatively you could actually use the controllers or keep them around as spares for multiplayer
>>
>>4121443
Just buy a poster instead.
>>
>>4121476
This reminds me of a movie but I can't think of the name.
>>
I'd only use framed pictures for important memories and sentimental objects. Framing something like a generic controller comes off as lowbrow.
>>
>>4121497
my snes has sentimental value, plus its an old pal model, so it's not like I'm gonna play it anymore
>>
These are tacky as fuck.

Video games, consoles and accessories are meant to be played. Any method of displaying the above that doesn't have them easily accessible for gaming is completely pointless.

If you want to decorate your space with some gaming stuff pick up memorabilia like posters, figures, etc. It exists in some form for almost every major gaming franchise, and looks much better on display.
>>
>>4121443
Cringe as fuck. Only a total dipshit would sacrifice perfectly good controllers for that.
>>
>>4121568
What if the controllers look nice but don't actually work anymore?

>>4121497
>not growing attached or sentimental for a controller you've used to play games for years
>>
>>4121443
Personally I think it's really tacky.
>>
>>4121452
>Looks fucking stupid
fpbp.
>>
File: wtfam.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
wtfam.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>4121651
>>not growing attached or sentimental for a controller you've used to play games for years
Who the fuck does this? that's the most ridiculous man baby bullshit i've ever heard, it's a fucking tool if its broke bin it fucking loser.
>>
If you're going to frame something stupid, at least make an appealing composition. It really annoys me how the controllers don't take up equal surface areas. Barely any top/bottom margins either. Looks like ass
>>
It's fucking retarded because it is a damn massed produce item that are still extremely common and easy to find. You frame something behind glass to protect it and/or draw attention to it as a unique item. A god damn $10 controller that fucking every child on the planet had neither needs protection nor is unique in any way.

Imagine someone framing their Transformers DVD collection. That's nearly how fucking dumb this is.
>>
File: tmDOPaT.png (435KB, 937x1101px) Image search: [Google]
tmDOPaT.png
435KB, 937x1101px
>>4121786
reminded me of this
>>
>>4121452
This.
>>
>>4121443
My younger self would've loved this. After hitting around 17-18 I just lost interest in covering my room and walls with video game stuff.

Only video game item I want on display in my house is a fully working arcade cab
>>
>>4121496
Chopping Mall
>>
>>4121813
My favorite meme along with Spurdo.
>>
>>4121496
Redditors Destroyed my Xbox Devkit
>>
>>4121553
I really agree with this.

There are some peripherals that are clearly meant to be displayed. Things like the Resident Evil 4 chainsaw controller or the Dragon Quest Slime controller. Displaying those is fine, but first party controllers is tacky.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 229x220px
>>4121457
>turning the impractical into the practical
>>
>>4121662
Don't you have some Ayn Rand shit to be reading, nerd?
>>
>>4121443
I don't think your mom will let you put that in the living room.

>>4121568
>putting controllers in a box is a sacrifice
>nintendo factory sacrifices thousands of controllers every day
>thousands of unsacrificing videos on youtube
Check out this goof
>>
The Wii-Mote is an abomination.
>>
>>4121443
I would enjoy this concept better if they were organized by generation and competitor in lit display cases.
Like, instead of all the Nintendo controllers in one case, why not competing brand controllers of a given era, example: NES, PCE, SMS, Atari 7800, Colecovision, and in the next case SNES, SMD, NEOGEO, and so forth
>>
dont listen to these haters, making a shrine to a video game company, so that everyone can see what a fan you are of that extremely popular and universally known video game company, is an extremely cool and badass thing to do
>>
File: Sharon Apple.jpg (30KB, 583x464px) Image search: [Google]
Sharon Apple.jpg
30KB, 583x464px
>>4121496
Macross Plus
>>
>>4121443
that seems really perverse to me. those are game controllers, not artifacts or rare butterflies. literally hunks of plastic floating around in millions of peoples homes. something like a painting or framed poster with the game controllers in it would be much classier looking.
>>
>>4121443
That could well be the tackiest thing I have ever seen posted on /vr/.
>>
>>4121443
If I could sum up the reaction to each controller, here's how it would be like...

NES -
Older gamers - What the fuck? Where's the joystick?
Newer gamers - This is an improvement over that awful joystick controller atari uses.

SNES -
New gamers - There's too many buttons
Old gamers - This is an improvement

N64 -
All gamers - This controller is awful. I don't have 3 hands to play this piece of shit controller.

Gamecube -
All gamers - This controller is perfect.

Wii -
Veteran gamers - WTF Nintendo? A remote? Fuck you!!!
Casual gamers - This looks fun.
>>
>>4121476
WHY'D YOU REMIND OF THAT STUPID PEICE OF SHIT REDDITOR RRRRRREEEÈEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
No one wants to look at your yellow-stained Wii remote
>>
I'm all for displaying your gaming stuff, as long as they are still in an easily accessible state - basically just presenting what you have in a pleasing way without using them as explicit decoration. I think that framing controllers falls outside of this.
>>
I've always wanted to mount a bunch of N64 rumble packs (or 3D-printed molds of the same connector) to a piece of wood on the wall. Then you have your collection of N64 controllers that you can "snap on" to the controller connector to mount and display, snap off to use.
>>
>>4121457
That's kind of neat.
>>
>>4121491
He's asking if he should frame controllers. He has no friends.
>>
>>4125148
If i could sum up this post

Old gamers - you are a faggot
New gamers - what are you, dumb
Casuals - oh wow, the retard has an opinion
>>
>>4129624
>faggot
>dumb
>retard

Anger much?
>>
>>4121496
2001: A Space Odyssey, obviously.
>>
>>4127494
OP's pic is fucking stupid but this is a neat idea, I would definitely go with 3D-printed molds though. No reason to ruin perfectly good rumble packs.
>>
>>4121443
Break glass in case of emergency!
>>
>>4129743
It's neat for wireless controllers. It's anything but neat with cords. You can stuff cables behind something but that's inconvenient. The idea of using a rumble pak or a 3d printed case is retarded. You'll see why after you clip your controller to the wall and have to get someone without sausage fingers to press the release to remove it. Using it also means you have to take the rumble/memory pak out put the controller away.
Years ago made some wire brackets that clip into a CD stand to hold controllers It looked kew and all but I just keep them in drawers now.
>>
A non-clippable 3D-printed stud that's angled up slightly so that the controller doesn't slide off would let you just pull them off without pressing the button.

Way more secure than dinky wires.
>>
>>4131946
You'd still have to take out any pak. Why are you obsessed with pegging your controller?
>PLA is stronger than steel
Topkek
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 500x333px
I'm not into framing controllers but for a while I've thought of putting them on a nice wall rack. Not all one controller like in this picture, but doing basically the same with all my controllers for each system hung up. They'd be higher than the ones pictured too.

Just seems like a nice way to put your controllers somewhere besides a drawer when you aren't using them.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.