[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does WoTL have any quality of life improvements? It's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1484.jpg (84KB, 353x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1484.jpg
84KB, 353x600px
Does WoTL have any quality of life improvements? It's the only way I'll play it because the ye ole English is vomit.
>>
>>4121292
Female characters can get Move+3....
>>
Not really, the biggest reason to check it out is for the retranslation. Pretty much every addition is minor shit like extra story battles, extra jobs, or cutscenes.
>>
>>4121292
>the ye ole English is vomit.

but the dialogue is really well written.
>>
As a non native speaker. The old ass english was not a big issue. Just slap the anti slowdown patch and get on with it.
>>
>>4121469
The problem I had with the new translation is the fact that a lot of liberties were taken with the names. They went too far with their pursuit of flowery wording and nonstandard spellings, and ended up changing a bunch of character names for absolutely no reason. There are quite a few names that aren't even close to matching the katakana.

The PS1 version's translation is very rough, and has a lot of mistakes, but it's actually more accurate when it comes to character names.

It's one of the major issues I have with Square Enix's localizations. They just change too much for the English release. Star Ocean 2's PSP release is a fine example of how they can go too far, and change shit for literally no reason during localization. They even cut out Dias' flashback due to censorship, as well as censoring crosses that appear during healing spells.
>>
>>4121561
>but it's actually more accurate when it comes to character names.

Origination names got fucked with a spoon
>>
>>4121561
learn japanese then autismo
>>
>>4121561

Why would you care about non-standard spellings for fictional people and places that don't ever show up again?
>>
you'd think they would include an option to flee from battles, but nah let's add voice acted cutscenes instead
better play the original with patches from ffhacktics tbqh
>>
>>4121292
Regular characters can become Dark Knights.

That's about it.

It's okay, but FFT is one of the only games that even a modding-naysayer like me thinks is better on an emulator with a save-editor at the ready, if you want to create your ideal team or ideal challenge.
>>
>>4122095
Explain?

>>4122072
Which hacks?
>>
>>4122054
Because it bothers me that Square Enix straight-up changes names for no reason other than being pretentious.
>>
>>4122496
Not him but I don't understand why it bugs you either. It's already a translation, I can't imagine caring that some names were also changed or translated. Especially if it comes with better overall writing like wotl.
>>
>>4122217
>Which hacks?
there's a bunch of them, one lets you avoid random encounters if you wish
one lets you recruit units (including monsters) other than squires and chemists from soldier offices and even adjust their levels for a fee
there's a psp retranslation patch for the original if that's you thing
>>
>>4122515
So they break an easy game even more?
>>
>>4122525
there are patches that raise the difficulty and rebalance the jobs as well, like I said, there are a lot of patches
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.