[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing Resident Evil on PC. There is some kind of problem with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: $_58.jpg (47KB, 640x563px) Image search: [Google]
$_58.jpg
47KB, 640x563px
Playing Resident Evil on PC.
There is some kind of problem with the last cut scene where helicopter drops the Rocket Launcher,it starts 10 seconds before the countdown ends.
Countdown ends before the cut scene is over.

Google turns up nothing,how to fix this since I cant even finish the game.
>>
I guess you'll just have to restart with a different version. lol
>>
>>4120459
Do more damage to tyrant, maybe?
>>
>>4120459
sounds like you're having speed issues.

Try to find a way to cap the game at the right speed maybe.
>>
>>4120520
Doesn't matter the cutscene always starts at 10 seconds before explosion

>>4120521
Thats possibly it since i notice when i first trigger the timer and talk to Rebecca near the elevator the timer counts super fast.
Let me try caping the framerate.
>>
>>4120521
Alright caping the framrate worked but it took some work.
PC Gaming wiki needs correction on some information.
the game is not caped at 30fps,depending on the rendering mode picked during installation things change.
In my case it ran at 60fps in menus and everything else variable and that was causing the problem.
Most of the tools dont even detect the game,and this even works on IntelHD.

How to cap framerate Resident Evil 1 (1997) PC
>download Dxtory
>To use it - launch it, click "Experience the Trial".
>Now, go along each tab at the top and unclick all of the "Default Setting" check boxes. You don't want the tool to be doing anything other than frame rate control.
>There are 'hotkeys' that will conflict with with the game so click on the Hotkey tab and 'clear' (delete) them all !!
>Go to the green box icon towards the right and check the "Limit Video FPS" box, and enter your desired value.
>Now MINIMIZE the tool
>optional :close programs like fraps,they cause the game not to be detected
>start the game
>skip cutscenes : default key "c"
>load save file
>play

thanks for the help guys.
>>
>>4120646
Wait, you can skip cutscenes in the PC version ? Or do you mean FMV videos cutscenes ?
>>
Wait did you cap it at 30? If you got a nvidia card you can cap stuff in your drivers.
>>
>>4120649
Afaik you can skip everything, including the door animations
>>
>>4120649
as the other anon said you can skip everything including door loading shit.
The game is quite snappy actually.

>>4120651
I caped it at 15fps.
The cutscene started at 22 seconds until detonation,it gave me enough time to kill the boss.
Also none of the driver controls work for this game for some reason part of that i think is because you have to run it on compatibility mode for Windows 95 and I picked Creative 3D Blaster for rendering during installation.
>>
>>4120673
no matter which option you choose during installation the game always uses Direct3D for rendering.
>>
just watch the stupid low res fmv ending on youtube who cares
>>
File: RE1barrymod.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RE1barrymod.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>4120673
>>4120663
Always, I played the PC version a LOT. (I played port version a lot) and I never realized you could skip dialogue-cutscenes. I knew you could skip doors and FMVs, but I thought the DS port was the first to introduce skipping dialogues, that's a plus for the PC version.

pic related, Barry's Mod for the PC version
>>
>>4120691
Dunno but I had to reinstall the game 4 times because every time I stared there was something seriously wrong,either the FMV didn't work,or there were seriously glitches,refused to go full screen ect.
A lot of problems until i picked Creative and just worked straight away even stretched properly.

Here is a short lost of problems
>Voodoo2:
-Has no sound in the whole game
-Cutscenes runs extremely fast
-Gameplay runs extremely fast
-Freezes at Dining room when you talk with Barry after killed the first zombie
-Not all joysticks are detected

3DFX Options
-Cant be executed, just hangs in a black screen after showing off the 3DFX logo
-No possible to use Glide Wrapper

Rendition Options - seems to work out fine on modern pcs, but still has many bugs like:
-Freezes on some doors if you try to skip them
-Has no sound in the whole game sometimes
-Can't be run windowed
-Cutscenes are so fast that the player sometimes get off screen or walk in circles waiting the audio finish.

Matrox worked fine on my PC, but is same as Rendition modes, all problems are same.
-Freezes on some doors if you try to skip them
-Has no sound in the whole game sometimes
-Can't be run windowed
-Cutscenes are so fast that the player sometimes get off screen or walk in circles waiting the audio finish.

Run in Software Mode (Video or System Memory) works ok
-Has sounds
-Can be run windowed
-Cutscenes arent played (too) fast
-Gameplay isnt (too) fast
-Loses all effects like "Fading colors" "Transparency" etc
-Very low resolution despite being already in 640x480 (compared to the other display modes, 3DFX, Rendittion and Matrox)
-Your video color needs to be set to 16
>>
>>4120703
>dialogue-cutscenes
You mean 3D models talking to eachother in game?
Those cant be skipped at least i haven't found a way
But you can fast forward text by holding V and combined with the other stuff it cuts down on time.
>>
What about dgvoodoo2?
>>
the old pc version is crap
just run the ps1 iso on an emulator
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.