[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Final Fantasy IV (4) release? Be it official

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1_final_fantasy_iv.jpg (19KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1_final_fantasy_iv.jpg
19KB, 400x240px
What's the best Final Fantasy IV (4) release? Be it official or patched.

DS/PC/iOS/Android need not apply.
>>
>DS/PC/iOS/Android need not apply.
But the DS version is the best version, and actually has a modicum of challenge, nerd.
>>
Wonder if I should play the FF3 NES or one of the remakes on DS and PSP
>>
>>4120371
DS version is too slow. It's a fun challenge, but I'd only play it after you've played some other version first.
>>
>>4120378
What? "Active" toggled with the speed set to 1 is no slower than the GBA or SFC release.
>>
>>4120378
Then play the PC version. It has the difficulty of the DS version without the 15fps battles.
>>
>>4120376
Personally, I'll be playing the remakes. I'm already playing FF1 and 2 on the PSX and I dislike the NES. It seems logical to keep avoiding it.
>>
The psp version. Better graphics and you can have acces to the content that is locked on the ds due to wfc.
>>
>>4120365
PSP, or SNES JP with English fan-transtlation.
>>
SFC Hard Type, though I guess there's nothing technically wrong with the GBA version's extra content.
>>
File: FFIV_PSP_Curse_Status.png (828KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
FFIV_PSP_Curse_Status.png
828KB, 960x544px
I'm leaning towards the PSP version too, but the graphics... I'm getting RPG Maker vibes, you know what I mean?
>>
>>4120382
Unless they patched it recently, aren't the battles still 15 fps? I played it like a year ago and the battles still moved st the same speed. The only fps mod out there was one that increased the fps by increasing the animation speed by 10fps.
>>
>>4120403
>RPGmaker vibes
You've seen nothing yet.
>>
>>4120365

The original of course.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Super-Famicom-Final-Fantasy-IV-FF-4-Japan-SFC-SNES-/272177696097?hash=item3f5f0e0d61:g:j74AAOSwI-BWQq~v
>>
For 2D SNES with a fantranslation, which one is the best is up to debate.
For 3D go with PC.
>>
>>4120365
Namingway Edition or PSP
>>
>>4120403
Wish they ported this to other systems considering how the 3D remake is on everything these days
>>
>>4120903
This.
>>
>>4120387
afaik there is no PSX-like English FF3, just some horrible recent DS shit
>>
The link to the FF6 version in this https://pastebin.com/8aqKfzNG pastebin is dead. Does anyone have it that they could upload or link me to?
Sorry for being a tad bit off topic, but I didn't think making a thread just for this would be appropriate.
>>
>>4123314
I'm assuming that dead link is for the GBA version.
Make an archive.org accout
Go here:
https://archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed/
Copy the link for the GBA set, paste it into a new tab and add a / at the end. Find the FF6 rom from the list there.
>>
>>4123345
Thank you. Do you know what patches he is talking about? The only one I have is this http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/ one for restoring sound and reducing the frame drops.
>>
>>4123367
No idea, sorry. The one you linked is the only one I'm familiar with.
>>
>>4120403
> I'm getting RPG Maker vibes, you know what I mean?

Son... where did you think the inspiration for the style of graphics in RPG Maker came from?
>>
>>4123392
your vast homosexuality?
>>
>>4120365
PSP or the Namingway Edition patch for the Super Famicom version, you can't go wrong with either, but I do like the PSP version better.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.