[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever bought bootleg Famicom cartridges off Aliexp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Has anyone ever bought bootleg Famicom cartridges off Aliexpress and had them either burn themselves up, or fry your console?

I was just reading this, which suggests they're seriously dangerous:
https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

Should we just completely avoid buying these things?
>>
I absolutely had the 400-in-1 burn itself up when I left Recca running overnight I can personally confirm.
>>
I'm honestly shocked at this. Not so much for the Chinese carts, but definitely for the EDs. I'm sure people are going to come out of the woodwork but I've accidentally killed components more than once in my own hobby projects by giving a voltage too high. It's one thing for a hobby project, it's quite different for a product sold at such a premium price.
>>
File: CS5XSd1UkAEfpUv.png (147KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
CS5XSd1UkAEfpUv.png
147KB, 507x338px
>>4119507
>premium price
kek
>>
>>4119480
>burn itself up
Sounds like CoolBoy... isn't so *cool*.
>>
>>4119457
I wonder what makes a person look for that, and go "I Should Buy this!"
>>
>>4119457
One of my multicarts has stopped working, but besides that I've never had a problem with these.
>>
>>4119457
Grew up with bootlegs.
You are very naive if you think they can damage shit let alone catch fire or something.
>>
>>4119457
You don't need to start an entire new thread about your sperg find. The fact that this aspie apparently only just discovered that cheap chink carts do nothing or next to nothing to convert voltage is kek of the toppest sort. I look forward to his next breakthrough discovery that the 9000 in 1 cart does not in fact have 9000 games.
God willing he will soon be selling a $50 PCB (case +$10) with a couple of actual buffers so poorfags can protect their $20 famiclones from being hypothetically maybe in theory anecdotally destroyed by their $5 bootleg.
>>
>>4119587
Premium is just a culture way to say 'expensive'.
>>
>>4119457
nice shill article

krizz is obviously nice
>>
As someone whos not a fucking moubreathing nonbinary asexual homoerotic reader i can tell you that i had chinese bootlegs 15 years ago, played on my Nes for hours over these years and still works perfectly fine.
>>
>>4119457
people have been playing bootlegs for 20+ years. They occasionally break because they're cheap as shit, but they won't hurt your console.
>>
Look, in theory and good design practices, yeah this guy has a point. Even Krikey agrees with him on that. But while the cheap multicarts have a possibility of burning up or damaging the console, no one has reported a flash cart doing the same.
>>
>>4120082
That's the thing. These aren't expensive at all.
>>
>>4119457
ah sick that guy is selling PC heshin again. I really wanted to get one but I missed out last time. its an adapter that lets you play pc engine games on turbografx and vice versa. The guy who writes that blog makes them
>>
>>4120529
You're better off getting a TED, hombre.
>>
>>4119457
>pirated cartridges are dangerous for your console!
it's 1989 all over again, I miss my magazines
>>
>>4119457
Scaremongering lol.

>THE DANGERS
>explosion stock photo

Worst thing that will happen is that your console circuitry will be fried but it's not like your beloved SNES is going to blow up in your face and burn your house down. Luckily the SD2SNES appears to be designed well so that such circumstances would be mitigated. I wouldn't touch cheap chink multicarts with a bargepole anyway.

Krikzz has responded to the article here:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6614.msg51195#msg51195
>>
>>4120529
>$80 to plug TG carts into a PCE
Damn. Some hipsters really do have more money than sense.
>>
>>4119480
>>4119457
Bullshit clickbait

Mines work fine
>>
>>4123292
Yea dude, clickbait on 4chan

clickbait on 4chan dude

yea

you're a geniass
>>
>>4119693
I like cheap chinese shit. It's always so weird.
>>
>>4119693
598 games for $10 shipped? Better question is, who wouldn't want to buy that?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.