[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I speed run Super Metroid a lot and want to stream it for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1443144129300s.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443144129300s.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
I speed run Super Metroid a lot and want to stream it for the hell of it, but want to know what sort of capture card I would need to do so. Is there a capture card recommended to stream my SNES while I do this shit? Being able to do NES as well would also be nice.
>>
Quality isn't really important, get a sparkle or whatever those cheap RCA -> USB dongles are called
>>
>>4117576
Will that let me air my game without ruining sound or video quality of my SNES?
>>
>>4117695
No, but it'll probably add input lag.
>>
>>4117704
perfect
>>
>>4117713
Normally any capture card should have an internationalen splitter. If not you can also just buy a splitting cable.
You'll need another monitor but playing with the output of the capcard on you PC itself is unplayable as you'd expect thanks to the processing adding lag.
>>
>>4117745
Meant internal splitter.
Fuck me for phone posting
>>
>>4117567
A Dazzle has garbage quality, but it will work for minimal investment.

Get an AV splitter box, or just Y-splitters. You can't speedrun while going through a capture device, it just doesn't work.

My capture setup for SD is kind of retarded.

>SNES Multi-Out into: AV splitter
This isn't exactly the same as mine, but it's close. https://www.amazon.ca/AGPtek-Switch-Selector-Splitter-Xbox360/dp/B004T8KZCM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499947578&sr=8-1&keywords=av+splitter
>AV Splitter splits into TV and HDMI-Upscaler
This is what I use: https://www.amazon.ca/Portta-Composite-S-Video-Converter-support/dp/B003NS0UUQ/ref=sr_1_cc_7?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1499947656&sr=1-7-catcorr&keywords=composite+to+hdmi+upscaler
>Upscaler goes into an ElgatoHD60, which is linked to my PC
>Then I scale down the footage in OBS to the correct aspect ratio.

It's retarded, but lets me use one capture card, and it's quality is better than a Dazzle.

There is input lag to the stream, obviously, as theres an upscaler AND the capture device (both introduce lag).

Honestly, the best advice for trying streaming is just an emulator. Try it, and if it works, invest in a capture setup.
>>
>>4117869
I've tried on RetroArch, but it fucks with my ability to perform a lot of frame specific parts. Just used to SNES/CRT timing at this point.
>>
>>4117567
Get a GV-USB2, they're better and cheaper than a Dazzle.
>>
>>4120975
this

also what SNES do you have, the smaller ones don't do s-video
>>
>>4121538
I have 3 SNES's. 2 1 chip model 1's and a SNES model 2.
>>
>>4117567
Why not just use an emulator+rom and stream your desktop?
>>
>>4123357
Not him but emulation inaccuracies + input lag.
>>
>>4123357
>>4123828
This
>>
>>4123828
>>4124057
Rare and only autists will care or even notice
>>
>>4124151
>only autists will care or notice
OP here and you CLEARLY don't recognize speedrunners. We do frame perfect tricks all the time. Speedrunners are easily spectrum tier. (and yes, every speedrunner in the SM speedrun community who emulates is significantly lower in time scores)
>>
>>4124157
> We do frame perfect tricks all the time
give me a break
>>
>>4124160
>what is mockball, one of the most used tricks in SM
>>
>>4124162
>what is autism and caring about bullshit
>>
>>4124172
This thread was literally made under the subject of speedrunning. If you have an issue with that, that's fine, but gtfo with that "it doesn't effect anything" nonsense. Yes, you can emulate Super Metroid. Good for you. Try getting anywhere near the record time doing it though and then come and talk to me.
>>
>>4124181
How often do you do a spike jump? How often do you need to mockball?
>>
>>4124231
Spike jumps are rare. Stopping on a dime and Mockball are both WAY more common. Mockball especially is needed at least once every couple of minutes. Mockball is *key* to speedrunning that game.
>>
>>4124253
>Stopping on a dime
How do you do that instead of samus continuing to run a bit
>>
>>4124162
>>4124253
mockball is not frame perfect

frame perfect is something like CWJ or lavaspark
>>
>>4124257
Basically you just aim a direction with L or R the moment you let go of the Dpad. and Samus will lose all momentum instantly.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.