[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite point and click adventure game /vr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (37KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37KB, 460x215px
What's your favorite point and click adventure game /vr/

I really like pic related
>>
File: 1494924644114014634.jpg (45KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
1494924644114014634.jpg
45KB, 600x433px
>>4115126
Probably Grim Fandango and The Neverhood.
>>
>>4115126
It's hard for me to choose between Kings Quest 6, Broken Sword or Monkey Island.
If it wasn't so buggy I'd go with Quest for Glory 4 every day of the week.
>>
Day of the Tenatcle, by far. I also really like the Gabriel Knight games.

And Technobabylon, but that's not /vr/.

Speaking of, I'm currently in the planning stages of my own point-and-click adventure game. Any tips on things to do and things to avoid?

Besides avoiding absolutely stupid, moon-logic puzzles, of course.
>>
Broken Sword, The Secret of Monkey Island, Syberia I and Toonstruck (but I haven't played it in a while)
>>
Myst

Myst 2: Riven - The Sequel to Myst
>>
>>4115126
It's a hard choice between quest for glory 4 or 5
>>
>>4116759
what Myst version should I get anon?
>>
>>4115126
Same
I bought the soundtrack and a poster from the official Lucasarts merch catalog back in the day.Even got the novelization.
Loved this game so much.
>>
>>4116787

Wait, you actually liked QFG5? I always put off playing it because *EVERYONE* said it was a horrible buggy unfocused mess.

I think you're literally the first person I've ever heard of that has a positive opinion of it.

Would you mind listing off what you liked about it? I may actually give it a shot after all these years.....if your argument is convincing enough, that is.

>tfw I realize that I wont be able to import the character from my childhood that I completed and carried on through the first four games.

I....I don't even remember what I named him. I do remember he was a fighter though, because I botched the paladin quest in 2. Sure I coulda imported him as a paladin in 3 or 4 anyways, but for some reason my younger self saw that as "cheating". Man i was a dumbass.
>>
>>4117410
Well I haven't played it recently so my memory may be a bit spotty but I don't personally recall any bugs? At least nothing game breaking at any rate. And I've owned this game since its first retail release. There IS some missing cut content... for example archery was meant to be in the game, but there are no bows, but you can buy arrows. Hilarious I know. The main thing I liked about this and what makes it a tie between 4 is the depth of things you can do in the game and the variety of options to solve problems and just general role-play mechanics allowed in the game. The soundtrack is about as great as you can expect, sheer quality. You may find the combat a bit wonky I'll be honest, and the camera angles make it a bit difficult to target enemies, but it still remained fun to me. Voice acting is quite natural and well done for the most part if a bit campy for some characters. I'd say if you like quest for glory at all you should really give it a try at least.
>>
>>4115126

Beneath A Steel Sky and The Secret of Monkey Island
>>
>>4116836
Not the same anon, but in my opinion the one included in 10th anniversary box is the definitive version, same goes for Riven.
>>
Simon the Sorcerer for me.
>>
>>4115126

OG Maniac Mansion. The mix of horror and comedy was perfect.
>>
It's Bad Mojo but if you don't consider that point-and-click then I'll pick Sam and Max Hit the Road.
>>
File: 1642-6-trick-or-treat.jpg (76KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1642-6-trick-or-treat.jpg
76KB, 640x400px
This one was a lot of fun, back in the day.
>>
Why did Indiana Jones get two point and clicks but Star Wars got zero?
>>
>>4119450
Bad timing basically? When point'n'clicks were at their zenith, Lucas was *really* tight-fisted with the star wars license (but for some reason he was fine with Indiana?).
>>
>>4117743
Is that the same as the Masterpiece Edition?
>>
>>4115126
I really like Noctropolis. I know it's shit, but I like it anyway.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
This right here
>>
Gobliiins aka the 3 stooges point n click adventure

Legend of Kyrandia and Hand of Fate.. great atmospheric storytelling games. The third was ok

Leisure Suit Larry even though it basically violated me sexually as a child
>>
File: The_Dagger_of_Amon_Ra_Coverart.png (156KB, 252x311px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dagger_of_Amon_Ra_Coverart.png
156KB, 252x311px
>>
Simon the sorcerer
Broken sword
Money island
Recently played beneath a steel sky and enjoyed it
>>
>>4119542
>Is that the same as the Masterpiece Edition?
They fucked up audio in Masterpiece Edition. Other than that, they are pretty much identical.
>>
File: You Read This Before.png (2KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
You Read This Before.png
2KB, 256x240px
>>4115126
PUNCH EVERYONE
>>
File: 1279052383758.jpg (29KB, 643x557px) Image search: [Google]
1279052383758.jpg
29KB, 643x557px
>>4115126
I really liked Ace Ventura.
>>
File: pc-48298-11358785537.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pc-48298-11358785537.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>>4120340
I also did but I don't if it was shit and I was just manipulated by the great looking cartoony animation
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.