[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mortal Kombat 4 really the black sheep of the series? I ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 22

File: mk4.png (139KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
mk4.png
139KB, 320x240px
Is Mortal Kombat 4 really the black sheep of the series? I ask because i played ALL the MK until XL except 4
What is the best version? PSX, N64 or DC?
>>
DC is hands down the best version if you have an arcade stick.
>>
>>4113367
Well the Dreamcast one has more chars, but the graphics where updated and I do so enjoy the cheesy shitty graphics of the n64 version.

Fuck the PSX version though.
>>
>>4113374
>Fuck the PSX version though
Why?
>>
>>4113367
>Is Mortal Kombat 4 really the black sheep of the series?
I guess, except MK has like half a dozen black sheep.

The real black sheep is WAR GODS.
>>
>>4113367
>What is the best version?

Arcade.
>>
>>4113367
I liked MK4. It was so easy to combo in that game, hah. I guess that's why more competitive players frown at it.
>>
All the 3D arena MK games were pretty trash, except Armageddon.

UMK3 was the GOAT, followed by the remake of 1-3 that is MK9.
>>
>>4113634
Armageddon was probably the worst 3D MK in my opinion since they cut down on styles, removed fatalities, and the roster was just full of shitty clones.
>>
File: donotsteal.webm (3MB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
donotsteal.webm
3MB, 640x448px
>>4113634
Armageddon was shit, there's no way it can be the best one other than the fact they crammed every character in there. Deception wins because they legitimately tried and they had the budget and polish. Armageddon's character creation was shit, fatalities were shit, one fighting style was shit (rehashed styles distributed among all the fighters), Motor Kombat was shit even though some people like its novelty, Konquest was shit and completely overshadowed by Shaolin Monks even if it's meant to be simplistic by nature. Everything about Armageddon is "enjoyable" if it's ironic or if you just want to shoot the shit.
>>
>>4113828
People really legitimately despise every character that was introduced in Deception and I don't blame them...

All those middle year 3D were pretty half-assed, debatable which is worst. However they need to make Shaolin Monks 2 or a whole disc of MK minigames or something. That stuff is fun.
>>
>>4113367
I think it's a lot of fun. It plays fast like MK3 but it's not as brutally hard. If anything it's way, way too easy. I beat the highest tower on hard by spamming Tanya's drill kick and I can't even beat the third guy on easy on MK3. So for me just the fact it is a playable game made me like it.

I think the characters get unfairly shit on too. Okay yeah Jarek is a poor Kano clone, but at the end of the day the rest of them are pretty solid and they were still designed by Tobias like the trilogy cast, making them the last of the characters made by the original creator. Just because the game is not digitized actors anymore people dismiss them as not being "real MK characters".

>>4113873
All except Havik. He still gets a lot of demand to come back. I think him being in the MKX comic really helped him too. I thought he was shit until I read that, then I really grew to like him.
>>
>>4113367
No

MK4 is a fuckload of fun to play. Super fast and cheesy

All the characters feel the same though with different moves

DC>N64>PS
>>
There is no good port of mk4. Use mame.
>>
>>4113828
I'd say that Deadly Alliance is decent. But from that era Shaolin Monks was the best for sure
>>
>>4113961
I hated DA at first but after awhile it became my favorite 3D era game. I liked you could stab the enemy with your weapon and they'd lose health.
>>
>>4113886
>All except Havik. He still gets a lot of demand to come back
Yeah I forgot him. desu I feel like a lot of those characters are salvageable. Can you imagine if they'd introduced e.g. Erron Black in DA or Deception? They'd have fucked it up so hard people would still be wondering what the hell they were thinking.

>>4113902
>All the characters feel the same though with different moves
Pretty sure they're straight up literal reskins for the basic attacks, they really didn't try at all. They thought it was a clever gimmick to let characters use each others weapons (you can reuse the animations! amazing! impossible to do with sprites!) or have a different reaction to every throw, like that was the kind of shit that was going to carry them into the 3D era.
>>
Shaolin Monks was amazing in every aspect it had. We need another Shaolin Monk equivalent title.
>>
mk4 is bad but in a funny way
>>
File: 2a1.gif (22KB, 207x145px) Image search: [Google]
2a1.gif
22KB, 207x145px
>>4113367

Yes and no. Everything that's not MK2 or MK9 is the black sheep of the series. It's basically a family of black sheep that got lucky and had a couple albino kids.
>>
>>4114002
The bad thing about SM is that it was only balanced for 2 players, and some secrets just couldn't be obtained without a partner. Thankfully I had someone to play it with at a time but these days I don't.
>>
>>4113367
MK3 is a close second, I mean, it too got an upgraded version probably due to the original's shittiness?
>>
File: sonya.png (247KB, 716x540px) Image search: [Google]
sonya.png
247KB, 716x540px
>>4114020
IT"S OVER JAREK, SHINNOK IS DEAD. THE GOOD GUYS WON, YOU'RE COMING WITH ME
>>
File: MK4-12_Tanya.png (360KB, 327x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MK4-12_Tanya.png
360KB, 327x1000px
It just now occurs to me that I never played MK4. I remember wanting to play it though. Still, it gave us Tanya so it can't be all bad.
>>
>>4113886
Jarek is like the ultimate meme character in MK. Can't hate the guy after watching his&Sonya's endings.

I don't think MK4 characters are hated nowadays, Quan Chi and Fujin are pretty popular, and others like Kai completely irrelevant to be disliked or hated. Compare that to most characters introduced in DeadlyAlliance/Deception, which are mostly despised or complete jokes like Mokap.

>>4113993
>Pretty sure they're straight up literal reskins for the basic attacks, they really didn't try at all.
Happens in almost all old MKs. In MK3 they tried to mix it up but a lot of characters still use the same normals. Personally I never had issues with that but I can understand someone who does.

>>4114275
UMK3 is the best classic MK, get your facts right.
>>
>>4114465
Sure it can, can't you see anon? This is a trap!
>>
>>4114520
>UMK3 is the best classic MK, get your facts right.

You can't be serious, holy shit.
>>
>>4113367
Not after those sixth gen ones and there's also always Special Forces. 4's biggest issue was that it didn't change much after 3 which was already pretty polarizing with fans and the two new villains weren't as interesting as Shao Kahn.
>>
File: mk4tanya.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mk4tanya.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>4114465
>CAN I TAKE YOUR ORDER?!
>>
>>4113374

Can't be more worse than the PC port of MK4, but PS and PC are bottom tier in this case.

That being said, Dreamcast MK4 Gold, then N64 MK4 with the non-rendered endings are the way to go.

Also, Sub Zero's ending is just as good as the Jax/Jarek/Sonya saga.
>>
>>4114465
For all the shit Tanya gets I'm amazed she's endured so long. She came back in Deception, had a cameo in MK9, then playable as DLC again in X along with a prominent story role. I bet she'll be in 11 too, which is fine by me because I always liked playing her. Her 50% damage combo in Armageddon was nuts.
>>
>>4113873
Chess Mode in Deception was fun but other than that I agree.
>>
>>4114275
MK2, MKT, MK:SM, MK 2011

MK has one good game per gen.
>>
>>4114668
Not true anon, MK1 AND 2 were great, and X is fantastic.
>>
>>4113367
Dreamcast version obviously. Better graphics, more characters. It's win/win.
>>
>>4113367
As for the black sheep of the series, that goes to Sub-Zero Mythologies
>>
>>4114696
MK1 was good, for it's time. MK2 is legit good.
>>
>>4114696
MK X had it's flaws. The boob sizes and outfits for female characters were toned down(probably due to SJW complaints). Also Cassie Cage had a Miley Cyrus haircut and is the hero in story mode, which made things worse. Also the one big flaw is MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!!!
>>
>>4114718
Fuck off back to /v/ you stupid misogynist.
>>
>>4114739
>Angry SJW cuck detected
>>
>>4114758
Listen kid, I get you think you're being funny but I'll fill you in on a little tip right now. I will break you...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (42KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
42KB, 480x360px
4 is great fun, Psx version is probably the best as the n64 controller is shit. Don't play the shitty dreamcast version with the half assed new characters that ruin the game. I can't see why people recommend that version.

The real black sheep of mk are special forces and mortal kombat advance.

Deception is the best ps2 era mk. Mk9 is the best 3d no and Mk1 is more enjoyable to me than 2. Mk2 is the best tho.
>>
>>4114718
And yet Mileena looks better than she's ever looked. Balloon tits are retarded. If you want huge tits play Senran Kagura, which is great, but there's nothing wrong with keeping MK looking realistic.
>>
File: 1428705354642.jpg (185KB, 1020x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1428705354642.jpg
185KB, 1020x1360px
>we never got to play as this guy in any game

A shadow priest would be cool too.
>>
>>4114826
I'd accept their new looks if MKX female faces weren't so Andromeda quality
>>
>>4114420
THIS ISN'T BRUTALITY
THIS IS FATALITY
>>
>>4113634
>>4113398
deadly alliance & deception are the ones you usually hear good things about.

i thought MKvDC was pretty good despite censored fatalities.

i only liked armageddon for the fact that they shoved every character in the series and the character creator.

>>4113873
yet they're eating them up now they've been rebooted in 9 & 10
>>
>>4114587
I know, right?

Mortal Kombat Trilogy is the best classic MK.
>>
>>4115042
Try again.
>>
File: mka.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mka.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
Never understood the hate for the new characters in DA and Deception, most of them was cool and with a nice backgroung
>>
>>4115083
I always liked Drahmin. It was cool to play as a demon for once and his backstory was pretty badass. People just like to shit on him because Boon hates him.
>>
>>4114939
>>4114420
arrright
>>
>>4115132

OUCH
>>
>>4115132
>>4115132
>>4115139
HMMMMMMmmmmmm
>>
File: 1499796599722.png (196KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1499796599722.png
196KB, 1000x700px
>>4114826
>And yet Mileena looks better than she's ever looked.
>>
File: 1498995843265.jpg (102KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1498995843265.jpg
102KB, 500x750px
>faggots itt who don't recognize the UMK3 as the goat

i get why MK2 might be your thing

but anything post-UMK3 is mostly trash

>MK1
trash and bare bones, not much here other than some fatalities

>MK2
much better and fully fleshed out game, some consider it the last "true" MK, more moves, more blood

>MK3
trash and no ninjas, dial-combos might be turn-off

>UMK3
insanely fast, great roster(sans-raiden/johnny cage), but adds many more moves and finishers, and still played competitively today

>MKT
not a bad game at all, but the aggressor meter and certain characters can spoil the fun once you figure how broken the system is

>MK4
buggy rushed mess, slow and clunky

>MK:DA(5)
3 fighting styles per character, and 1 being a weapon style, some characters are hit(Kenshi) or miss(Bo Rai Cho). Pretty good system mechanics all around.

>MKD(6)
added shitty traps around stages, and added a metric crap ton of shit characters, and had a billion modes and shit(lol wtf was that campaign?), but the game was pretty meh.

>MKA(7)
MK Trilogy for the Deadly Alliance generation. Literally every character is here. Stripped everyone of their fighting styles and made it so every character has 1 fighting and 1 weapon style. Shitty create-a-fatality feature.

>MKvsDC(8)
lol wtf

>MK9
A much needed reboot, with a fuck ton of content, and modes. Game system was bonkers and really triggered FGC autist because of its unorthodox and random design choices. Also everyone dies at the end.

>MKX
Added the run from UMK3, gave every character 3 variations, but stripped the roster for new characters which are again, hit or miss. Just like MK9, DLC characters are broken.
>>
>>4114718
>complains about boobs like a 13 year old retard
>Also the one big flaw is MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!!!

Well that wasn't surprising.
>>
>>4115197
Wut about SM?
>>
>>4114787
>Psx version is probably the best as the n64 controller is shit.
Huh? PS1 has that segmented d-pad, N64 has the SNES d-pad.
>>
We all love Shaolin Monks, we all agree there should be a sequel to that style of gameplay in the MK system.

Be it Shaolin Monks 2, or Sub-Zero Mythologies 2, or Octo Trouble 1, Goro and Kintaro special.
>>
>>4115450
>shaolin monks

its a beat-em up, and damn good one

it expands on the lore of MK1-3, taking place through the events of MK2 (Kabal before he got his shit fucked up)

and one of the best co-op games to date
>>
>>4114520
>Happens in almost all old MKs. In MK3 they tried to mix it up but a lot of characters still use the same normals.
Even in the old ones, normals have different hitboxes, different speeds, looked different based on how the actor did the move. IIRC in MK4 they're EXACTLY the same.

>>4115042
Romhack-tier. Actually romhacks and maybe mugen might be worth discussing. There's a hack that puts MK3 combos and running into Genesis MK2, it's pretty nifty.
>>
File: 1459129012392.jpg (484KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459129012392.jpg
484KB, 1920x1080px
>>4115184
>implying otherwise

Skintight pants are GOAT
>>
File: mileena-mk9-2.jpg (141KB, 896x1280px) Image search: [Google]
mileena-mk9-2.jpg
141KB, 896x1280px
>>4115976
She looks way better on MK9 than MKX
>>
>>4113367
Mortal Kombat 4 was fun to play, had some pointless features and at times felt cheap, but it still remained fun and the character designs where pretty great. quan chi and shinnok spcially

>>4113828
Armaggedon was the best of all 3d games. It was the lgoical conclusion to what they were attempting in the previous games (ie universal martial arts systems and universal fatalities, among other things) but it was well polsihed, and the campaign mode was fun to play. It was a good "end" for the franchise since the other 3d games where pretty shitty
>>
>>4113367
How is trilogy on n64
Like UMK3 w even more characters?
>>
>>4113950
is mk4 mame- able? what kinda pc specs and what mame ver should i look for?
>>
>>4115042
The AI tends to ruin MK 2-3 (and 3's different versions). I feel like I need to study the AI's algorithm to beat those games, it's so annoying.
>>
>>4115128
No, it's because there's nothing to him. Initially, you had to depend on his special moves a lot because his combos were limited (at best). Plus

>the fucking flies around him
It just screams of being lame. But he doesn't earn as much hate as Hsu Hao, for instance.
>>
>>4116052
>Trilogy on N64
Probably the worst version of the game. A few characters got taken out (Motaro, MK3 Sub Zero, Goro), worse graphics, and it lags a bit.

Only play it if you're reaaaaally curious to see Khameleon.
>>
>>4116039
She looks like a trashy stripper
>>
>>4116128
Why are flies lame? He's a skinless rotten corpse, it makes sense he would be a breeding ground for vermin.
>>
>>4116039
agreed, especially in her nude outfit.
>>
>>4113412
This, not even the pc version is as good.
>>
>>4113367
You can master it in less than a day. Zero depth whatsoever.
>>
>>4115451
It's the switches that count anon, not the shape.
>>
>>4116047
>universal martial arts system
>universal fatalities
>what they were attempting in previous games
>UNIVERSAL
Uh no

>Armageddon
>well polished
Literally the exact opposite. Deadly Alliance was extremely rough, then its refinement sequel Deception definitely amped up the production quality on just about everything. Armageddon everything was half assed again because fitting the whole roster in definitely killed the time and budget. Beat em up Konquest and driving game and all of its engines definitely left them no time for polish.

>Good end for the 3D era
Yes, but only because it was logical and it set them up for a reboot.
>>
I played both the DC and PC versions quite a lot back in the day. I always favored the PC version for some reason (was using a gamepad of course). I didn't explore much of the MK series beyond 2 and 4/Gold, so I really don't know how it compares to others. The sound effects are hands down the best part of the game though. Animations are hilarious too.
>>
What I really love about SM is that it's the only MK game where you actually get too see the whole realms (mostly).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y_N3RQfdbE&index=6&list=PLs7_awFaeFZG4XmsIDsDdMe4Gn-J9nio1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I7g1DedejE&index=9&list=PLs7_awFaeFZG4XmsIDsDdMe4Gn-J9nio1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaU_BfzmVQg&list=PLs7_awFaeFZG4XmsIDsDdMe4Gn-J9nio1&index=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAo_FEC506s&index=13&list=PLs7_awFaeFZG4XmsIDsDdMe4Gn-J9nio1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjWMVOpebNc&index=16&list=PLs7_awFaeFZG4XmsIDsDdMe4Gn-J9nio1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-zSqT5VtE&list=PLs7_awFaeFZG4XmsIDsDdMe4Gn-J9nio1&index=19
>>
>>4116194
Are you a SJW?

>>4116238
Definitely.
>>
>>4116462
No just not a horny 13 year old anymore who thinks every girl should be nearly naked and even if I were I'd be playing something with way better sex appeal like DoA Extreme rather than masturbating to Manfacerealm Studios.
>>
>>4114465
daaaaamn. never realised how fucking unf she was before.
>>
>>4116465
Seems we have different opinions. It doesn't bother me when a woman is nearly naked with big breasts. Just like it doesn't bother me that some men in video games are half naked with huge muscles. It's just the way they're design. SJW's tend to complain about the women being sexually objectified because of big breasts & being nearly naked. Yet they don't make those same complaints about the big muscled men who are half naked(He-Man, Namor & The Hulk for example).
>>
>>4115197
>>faggots itt who don't recognize the UMK3 as the goat
which faggot said this?
>>
>>4116039
lol those are literally trap proportions (aka a man's skeleton). she does not look better there at all. mk9 didn't have female bodies, it had the same basic model as men, just with gigantic balloon tits added on. I mean if you're a fag, sure that shit is better.
>>
>>4116486
Alright I'll stop shitposting and actually give my opinion about it. I'm fine with sex appeal when it actually fits however Mileena was supposed to be this girl who looked attractive at first but was a hideous monster once you removed the mask from her face. They kept upping the sex appeal ante with her each time she appeared in a new game and by the time MK9 came out they pretty much toned down the fact that her mouth is supposed to be hideous removing the most unique aspect of her character.
>>
>>4116462
>Are you a SJW?
are you? 'cause you're literally defending a trap physique and either don't know you're gay yet or are still in the closet.
>>
>>4115976
she looks much better here because that's an actual woman's body with a real woman's body proportions/skeleton.

>>4116039 this however is a man's body with balloon tit implants pasted on.

if you like the second one you're literally a gay.
>>
>>4116502
>Trap physique
>No big bulge on her crotch

Again, how is this Trap Physique?
>>
>>4116520
She's tucking it in.
>>
>>4116441
Don't you go to most of them in Mythologies? Also in Deception's story mode IIRC
>>
>>4116529
Nope. She's 100% female.
>>
>>4116495
>>4116512
>>4116502
Dude, we get it, you don't like her costume. Those aren't "trap proportions" though.
>>
File: 5d92ce178f5adc893ffd315db7badfde.jpg (232KB, 1280x1130px) Image search: [Google]
5d92ce178f5adc893ffd315db7badfde.jpg
232KB, 1280x1130px
>>4116547
>>
File: atLx9eu.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
atLx9eu.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>4116520
lol. it's male skeleton proportions you homo. those arms, those broad shoulders, those legs, the size of her hands and feet. that's not a chick's ass. hell even the faces were male with a huge ass massive jaws they had.

in MK9 because of the fatalities they had a 'one-size-fits-all' policy with the character models so all fatalities would work the same on any player character model. this character model is obviously male. hell everyone in the game is pretty much the same height, too.

i mean it's okay if you like guys, it's current year, don't worry about it. regardless, not retro.

>>4116551
lol yes they are you homo
>>
>>4116496
>they pretty much toned down the fact that her mouth is supposed to be hideous removing the most unique aspect of her character.
It was still there in MK9, to a cartoonish degree. MKX was the game that reduced her Tarkatan features.
>>
>>4116541
Mythologies is literally corridor running. And in Deception every realm is bit small
>>
File: os5r1d.jpg (23KB, 426x577px) Image search: [Google]
os5r1d.jpg
23KB, 426x577px
holy shit this trap lol
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>4116557
With MK9 it's just like my monster girl hentai and X it's like they didn't even care anymore.
>>
File: so sexy.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
so sexy.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>4116573
>monster girl (male)
ftfy
>>
>>4116575
That just turns me on even more.
>>
>>4116578
i know
>>
>>4116582
Gimmie a kiss.
>>
>>4116583
ew
>>
>>4116486
No one's complaining about Mileena being sexually objectified, we're saying she's ugly, period. Her wearing more clothes is actually working to her benefit.
>>
>>4116614
That's what I said about ur mum last night bitch oooooohhhh pwned haha.
>>
Not to mention the motion capture actor for Mileena was a dude. So every time you see her, Kitana, or Jade doing some sexy pelvic wiggle just remember a guy was doing that.
>>
>>4116614
Of course she's ugly, she has monster teeth. I'd still fuck her because of her sexy body.
>>
>>4116630
makes sense, using an actual female for the motion capture wouldn't have aligned properly with any of the character models used in mk9
>>
>>4116647
>I'd still fuck her because of her sexy body.
Lmao gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
>>
>>4116490
>>>faggots itt who don't recognize the UMK3 as the goat
>which faggot said this?
if nothing else, the female character designs definitely peaked with MK3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJsu3--shMI

now that's what I call a character model
>>
>>4116673
hell yeah my dude

I like how Liu Kang in MK1 is just a skinny Asian guy with his shirt off lol
>>
>>4116682
>masturbating to a man's body that was also mocapped by a man
>not gay
Yeah and all those dicks I suck on a daily basis was totally hetero cause I said no homo after they came.
>>
File: 9119166.jpg (30KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
9119166.jpg
30KB, 453x453px
>>4116684
i-it's not gay if the balls dont touch
>>
File: patrĂ­cia araujo.jpg (67KB, 602x452px) Image search: [Google]
patrĂ­cia araujo.jpg
67KB, 602x452px
>>4116564
She looks identical to a famous BR tranny, PatrĂ­cia AraĂşjo. Perhaps manlier.
>>
Oh children, will you ever learn...
>>
File: patricia_araujo001.jpg (31KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
patricia_araujo001.jpg
31KB, 525x700px
>>4116564
>>
>>4116692
that looks far more female than anything in mk9 honestly
>>
>>4116575
Oh god, those ankles. I bet that's hard to walk with.
>>
>>4113367
mk4 invented the funniest fatality. the leg beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTa1MqPAP4

that or world explode from smoke in mk3
>>
>>4116717
Jesus, I never even noticed that before. What the fuck NRS.

Also now I see her wrist and hand are pretty messed up too.
>>
>>4116726

MK4 also had strong-ass gibberish too like CANITAKEYOURORDER, TITTYKABOOM, and a really strong variant of Raiden's everything.
>>
>>4116776
yeah I loved that shit. just came across this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBuSyHc51fY
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdUgin5roU0
>>
>>4116797

Holy shit, that's new to me.

I'm sure I heard Ay Mami and CuĂ­dame long long ago but never would have thought it to be not gibberish.
>>
>>4116845
>In Japan, if you play a game like Mortal Kombat, you'd be seen as a weirdo at best and a future serial killer at worst.
but all their high impact sexual violence anime and school girl shit is just fine right?
>>
>>4116471
I think she and Jade first gave me my taste for brown women.
>>
>>4116850
I want a serious answer. And aside from diehard otakus, no one watches schoolgirl anime either openly or without being ironic.
>>
>>4116852

It's not retro but occasionally I look back to Jade's poledancing video.
>>
>>4116854
>I want a serious answer.
Ha ha, right.
>>
>>4116854
it's just a game and violence is much more a forbidden fruit in western culture than in japanese which is why it excites and attracts young people so much.
>>
>>4116337
Both things count, and as far as I can tell there's nothing wrong with the N64's switches.
The common complaint people have about the N64 dpad is that it's stiff, that's because like 99% of N64 games don't actually use the d-pad, so it remains like new, but if you give it some use it's just like the SNES d-pad.
The segmented d-pad from the PS always felt unnatural to me. Like, I can use it no problem, but I'd rather have a sega or a nintendo d-pad.
>>
Why is western arcade hardware so undocumented and forgotten? To this day MK4 Zeus is not emulated properly and no one gives a fuck even if the game was pretty popular in the past.
It seems that western games like MK4 were like more for their novelty value. Once they became "old", there's no reason to play them anymore.

>>4116726
This is so cheap that looks like a fanmade thing. Can't compete with actual 3D games like Tobal or 2D with 3D graphics like Street Fighter EX.
I had the PC port and loved it, but it's just really bad.
>>
>>4117696

Did your PC MK4 bug out where the game won't read your inputs? Either on pad or keyboard?
>>
>>4116054
theres some graphical glitches but it's mostly ok. Need a pretty high end pc with latest version of mame
>>
>>4117696
>It seems that western games like MK4 were like more for their novelty value. Once they became "old", there's no reason to play them anymore.
MK4 wasn't exactly a home run with the fans when it was brand new.
>>
>>4118315
I wonder if they had kept the graphics as digitized actors if it would have done better.
>>
the greatest warrior is O W F
>>
File: FormatFactoryNoob wins.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FormatFactoryNoob wins.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>4117773
Never. Here's a screenshot I took many years ago.
I loved how Noob Saibot had pretty different and cool costumes, and this casual one was my favorite.

>>4118437
No. Everyone wanted 3D games.
>>
>>4116512
You're aware that the motion capture for every single character was done by a guy? If you like any female in Mortal Kombat games you're a closet homo.
>>
>>4119819
how fucking retarded are you exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmjZNBj-JFw
>>
>>4120052
Motion capture =/= digitizing

Obviously we're talking about MK4 onwards
>>
>>4120620
>Motion capture =/= digitizing
nah you're an idiot and can shit right off. besides I never even mentioned motion capture - I was talking about the character models, which are males in MK9. I don't even own MKX nor am I attracted to any of the characters in it, but the females certainly LOOK better there than they do in the previous game.
>>
>>4119031
>No. Everyone wanted 3D games.

I can't remember anyone who did. Capcom and SNK sprites were lightyears better than the clunky ugly early 3D games being put out like VF or MK4.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.