[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, Ryu in Street Fighter II Turbo is the most difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: ryu.jpg (15KB, 411x360px) Image search: [Google]
ryu.jpg
15KB, 411x360px
Honestly, Ryu in Street Fighter II Turbo is the most difficult boss I have ever encountered.
It makes Ghosts 'n Goblins a walk in the park for me.
In fact I can beat Ghosts 'n Goblins but I gave up on Ryu.
he just spams hadouken. if I block it, it eats away my life. if I jump he uppercuts me or jump kicks as well (which for some reason always results in him hitting me, never the other way around).
I just can't. Even when I'm close he goes into overdrive and fucks me nevertheless.
fuck Ryu and fuck Street Fighter II Turbo
>>
Stop playing the CPU in fighting games.
>>
>>4113140
Retard
>>
>>4113146
Yes you are if you keep playing fighters by yourself, you friendless loser.
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (191KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
191KB, 854x480px
What about this guy?
>>
>>4113148
go back to srk, tyrone

>>4113150
akuma wouldn't get halfway through mk in single player
>>
>>4113164
Mortal Kombat CPU is totally fair, you guys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZs1acpQ9XE
>>
>>4113174
*ARCADE Mortal Kombat
Fixed, difficulty is heavily toned down in the home ports.
>>
File: sf2.png (2MB, 828x1177px) Image search: [Google]
sf2.png
2MB, 828x1177px
>>4113129

there are 2 ways to beat cpu ryu. Method 1 is to copy his devilish pattern, throw fierce fireballs constantly, every 5th or 6th FB will get through to him and chip his health away as he is mostly blocking them. After a while he will jump over your fireballs and thats when you either fierce dragonpunch him on reaction, or just stand roundhouse him. This method requires flawless execution skills. Also this will most likely not KO him, but by the time the timer runs out he will have less health than you have.

Method two is easier. For method two you have to understand how ryu's fireball, or any other move in the game consists of three phases. Phase 1 is where ryu goes from his idle animation into his fire throwing animation, he is wide open for a few frame there, but you actually cant hit him because you are standing on the other side of the screen running away from him like a coward, lol, anyway in the startup phase try to hit him with a fireball of your own. Phase two is where the fireball comes out and is ACTIVE on the screen. During that phase, for two seconds or so ryu cannot move, cannot block and is totally WIDE OPEN. Phase 3 is the recovery phase, where ryu is STILL unable to do anything other than playing the recovery frames. So you do this, you pay cloase attention to his animation patterns, anticipate the fireball EARLY, then jump over and hit him in his active or recovery frames. Jumping roundhouse, crouching roundhouse will knock him off his feet. If he dragonpunches you, or roundhouses you, you were doing it too late as his recovery has already ended. Anyway once he stands up again YOU throw the fireballs and chip him down. Repeat.... Its pretty easy after a while.

I also suggest to completely ignore >>4113140
, as he sounds like an unfun retard.

Good LUCK anon, you can DO it!
>>
>>4113231
That guy is right though, you shouldn't play the fighters by yourself.
>>
Apparently Ryu's nor Ken's Fireball in SFII has any recovery frames. Ryu has a startup of 11 frames, and 39 active (where the fireball is out traveling on screen) frames. Ken has a longer startup of 14 frames. Either hit him in the 11 startup frames or during the 39 active frames from the air. If you try too late, after those 39 active frames you will get hit yourself.
>>
>>4113239

Fighting game players will ALWAYS develop bullshit patterns that wont get them anywhere against better players. That's how the brain works. Once they get their ass handed to them a dozen times for doing the same, lame autopilot crap they might reconsider. That's how it works.
I played in tournaments and ranking battles for years and i think arcade/cpu mode is lots of fun and painfully absent from SFV. That crap game.
>>
>>4113246
It's still there, it's just a survival mode with light rpg elements. You fightanfags complain too much.
>>
>>4113251
go back to SRK, obsolete farming equipment
>>
>>4113262
You know Neo Geo Battle Coliseum transformed Arcade mode into a Survival mode but nobody complained then. That's because nobody cares about SNK games.
>>
>>4113262
>obsolete farming equipment
DAS RACIS
>>
>>4113265
Dude, NG Battle Coliseum is rewarding and lots of fun! The waste of time survival mode in SFV just gives me cancer.
>>
>insert controller in second port
>press start
Done.
>>
luckily I'm not a women so I can properly time and measure the distance of the attacks
>>
>>4113129
Consoles ports are toned down. Plus crt has no lag.

They're using turbo for american snes mini. But the new challengers for japan snes mini.
>>
>>4113378
yes you are superior to everyone else and people should suck your dick 24/7. now go masturbate in the mirror some more.
>>
>>4113246
>Fighting game players will ALWAYS develop bullshit patterns that wont get them anywhere against better players.
Meh, that's really the fighting systems fault because they basically force that shit with through priority systems and risk reward as well as being pretty rigid in combo'ing systems.
In my experience full 3D fighters tend to do it less, but still with some degree because those things still exist but with more dynamic placement and dodging you can mix shit up a bit more, though the heavier a system relies on combos especially with damage effectiveness biases rather based on gameplay responsiveness people will still roll that shit out.

It's sort of like saying the brain works to simplify politics with reductionism and that's why we have a two party political system in the U.S. Which is to say that's false, we do like a bit of reductionism but the two party political system comes about because the way voting is handled a two party system will always prevail in the end. It's as much a systemic failure as an individual failure even if there's plenty of that to go around as well.
>>
>>4113414
>They're using turbo for american snes mini. But the new challengers for japan snes mini.
Is it really that important? The 4 new characters are low tier crap. Nobody uses them.
>>
Does anyone remember tick throws? Tick throws used to be the cheapest thing during the days of CE. Tick throwing is back in SFV, quite possibly because combofied grew up on SFIICE. Anyway, ticks work perfectly fine against bronze & silver ranked SFV players. They mostly work against gold rank players. Around platinum rank ticks start to fail because it's a bullshit tactic. And a deeper understanding of the game engine enables to counter the tick of death. Players that aren't able to reinvent their game-plan will be forever be stuck on their current skill level. At high level play most lazy bs tactics fail. So anyway, PLAY the CPU in arcade mode, but also be willing to reinvent yourself over and over again as you climb the ranks of human competition.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.