[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I managed to effectively skip the entirety of Nintendo Handhelds.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 192300012a7d513a3c2e.jpg (31KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
192300012a7d513a3c2e.jpg
31KB, 544x544px
I managed to effectively skip the entirety of Nintendo Handhelds. Are there actually any proper games from Gameboy to GBA era worth checking out? I'm open to basically any recommendations
Also general handheld hidden gems thread
>>
Eh, most are gimped console ports or just a gimped version of a console game.
>>
>GBA
NOT RETRO
>>
>>4110171
>Gameboy to GBA
obtain reading comprehension. I'm talking about OG GB and GBC games
>>
>>4110174
>dat backpedal
Why the fuck even mention GBA you fucking faggot.
>>
Fuck you and fuck your recommendation thread.
>>
Seiken Densetsu 1 the erroneously titled Final Fantasy Adventure, actually the game before Secret of Mana is pretty good. Pokemon is actually a pretty good game but it would have been better if all your friends were playing it. Gargoyle's Quest.

Anon is sort of right, if you're cool with emulation there are lots of games to be played on the go ahead of GB games but if you want to play on a real portable console the GB library is vastly broad.
>>
File: IMG_0006.png (579KB, 788x1010px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.png
579KB, 788x1010px
>>4110154
If you have a ds you can play gameboy advanced and ds games.
>>
>>4110154
>GBA
Not allowed, summerfag
>>
Links awakening, oracle of ages/seasons, gunstar super heroes, castlevania II: Belmonts revenge
>>
>>4110159
maybe you just had bad luck as a kid and your parents got you bad games, there's tons of exclusives for GB that weren't ports of console games.
>>
>>4110154
There's "Advance Wars" if you're into strategy.
There's "Golden Sun" if you're into JRPGs.
There's "Metroid Fusion" and "Metroid: Zero Mission" if you're into platformers.
>>
>>4110480
GBA NOT RETRO
>>
>>4110480
>>4110484
Plus, those are all garbage compared to Ninja Five-O
>>
>>4110480
>golden sun
>not FFT

you can download a complete gb/c romset OP its under 1gb it really only has a handful of titles worth playing
>>
Final Fantasy Legend II is great, especially the growth mechanics.
>>
Mother 3

Astro Boy: Omega Factor

Donkey Kong 94
>>
>>4110154
GBA
>Sonic Battle
>Crash Bandicoot games (except Purple)
>YGO Ultimate Masters 2006 (posting because ygo pic)
>Rayman 10th anniversary (PS1 Rayman is better desu)
>>
>>4110154
You need to really like niche stuff, Handhelds are full of "quirky" stuff, either because mainstream companies kept a less tight control or because it was made by a company that could no longer keep up with the latest innovations.

Since it is all based on "charm" it is hard to recommend you stuff. My main advice though is to not play it on PC. Handheld games feel better on the palm of your hand. You can go pleb route and try to use a cellphone or buy a DS for 30$ and use emulators to catch up with everything.
>>
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
>>
>>4110189
That doesn't belong on this board as of yet, Anon.
Please take it elsewhere.
>>
>>4113738
janitor spotted
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.