[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>company spends millions on a game >cheaps out on the voice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

>company spends millions on a game
>cheaps out on the voice acting
Nothing is so infuriating, maybe I'm weird but it just cheapens the entire game to me. Shenmue has it REALLY bad but the resident evils are also pretty shit. Thinking about it, almost every popular game with voices in the day had this problem.
>>
play the undub
>>
English voice acting isn't taken seriously and especially not in videogames, this has always been truth.
>>
I play games with sound off
>>
>>4110083
but it can be great when a game does it well
>>
>>4110075
From what I've heard, Yu Suzuki actually demanded that they get actors who physically resembled the characters, even for the dub. He also asked the casting people to find someone skilled in martial arts to play Ryo, for whatever reason. The acting probably would have been better if they had just cheaped out on it and gone for a quick casting process within the industry.
>>
I don't mind the cheese at all. i unironically enjoy the surreal experience of Shenmue voice acting.

Entertainingly bad voice acting isn't nearly enough to carry a game by itself, but I don't think it takes away from an already great game
>>
>>4110075
>almost every popular game with voices in the day had this problem
MGS1's voice acting holds up very well outside of a few weird deliveries.
>>
>>4110567
And it was generally regarded as being one of the exceptions to the rule, at the time. He did say "almost every".
>>
>>4110075
>that Oney Plays where they make Shenmue say inappropriate things in his stupid voice
>>
>>4110075
"OH. RYU! I DID NOT SEE YOU APPROACH. JUST NOW!"
>>
play popful mail for great voice acting
>>
>>4110083
>Legacy of Kain
>Eternal Darkness
>>
My dreamcast rufuses to play my copy of shenmue ;-;
>>
>>4110075
>Thinking about it, almost every popular game with voices in the day had this problem.

You answered your own question. Also, what's with your pic title you fag?
>>
>>4110075
Literally the best part of this game is the meme voice acting.
>>
>>4112179
Let's get sweaty
>>
>>4112969
FOOK-SAN
>>
The VA job makes it sound like actual people are in the game world, rather than heroes and villains. Real life is more awkward than Hollywood.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.