[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >have grandparents who have cabin in woods up north

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: bcws-carousel-terms5.jpg (277KB, 1012x300px) Image search: [Google]
bcws-carousel-terms5.jpg
277KB, 1012x300px
>be me
>have grandparents who have cabin in woods up north
>leave super Nintendo up there as a yearly tradition
>laughs at snes mini
>have all the games I want
>out of nowhere
>huge forest fires reported to be approaching their cabin
>grandparents at back at regular home
>no one else up there
>forest fire could burn their house down at any time
>not going up there til the 17th
>could lose my boxed copy of chrono trigger and donkey Kong country
Has anyone else accidentally/potential screwed themselves over this way?
>>
What a strange and unusual story.
>>
Next time don't leave your valuables inside a giant fire hazard.
>>
>>4108518
I'm sorry for your loss anon
>>
>>4108621
Press F to pay respects

F
>>
>>4108539
Honestly I'm screwed no matter where I go. I live on the coast and we're expecting "the big one" for like a thousand years now. So either I lose them in a fire or an earthquake.
>>
>>4108518
>Has anyone else accidentally/potential screwed themselves over this way?
I left my collection of big boxed PC games from the 80s inside a storage facility.
The storage facility flooded because a pipe broke and no one noticed until it was too late.
>>
> Be me (a few years ago)
> Parents buy house in ghetto neighborhood
> Install deadbolt on front door to keep out ghetto, install cameras to see if ghetto messes with our cars.
> I install lock on my bedroom door to keep out ghetto if they get past first door.
> Ghetto breaks into our house anyway, destroys my door.
> Steals all my games (retro and new).
> We have him on camera! Scrawny black teenager
> Cops: "Nothing we can do, anon."
> About a week later I find all my games on Craigslist
> Agree to meet up with the guy.
> He wants to meet at the 7-11 about a block over from my house.
> Call cops
> "Nothing we can do anon, he may not have been the one who stole them."
> Sit in car and see the dude.
> Same dude from security cameras.
> Call cops AGAIN.
> Cops: "Sorry anon, we can't arrested someone without probable cause."
> Don't get out of car, but wait a few minutes and follow him home
> Lives about 3 doors down and across the street.
> Contemplate breaking in and stealing the games back but never do because I was a 15 year old pussy in the ghetto.

I screwed myself by living in the ghetto.
>>
>>4109327
>The cops screwed me for living in the ghetto.

Fuck the police anon, fuck the police.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (34KB, 354x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
34KB, 354x200px
>>4109327
I feel so fucking bad for you. Those cops are honestly retarded. Like the you had proof it's him, and they still didn't do anything.
>>
File: dafuq_nigga.jpg (165KB, 477x455px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq_nigga.jpg
165KB, 477x455px
>2001 + 16
>Not keeping your games in a sealed concrete vault 20ft below ground level out in the Woods with no visible markers

I swear it's like you anons want your shit stolen or destroyed.
>>
I keep my games sealed in zip lock bags and put them in the deep freezer.
>>
File: shopping[1].jpg (21KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
shopping[1].jpg
21KB, 440x440px
$25 could have saved you $250
>>
>>4109327
You should have documented everything and filed a civil suit
>>
>>4109396
I've seen your dungeon. You are not fooling anyone.
>>
>>4109353
Not gonna lie, I think about doing that a lot
>>
>>4109396
fire safes still get insanely hot inside, carts can warp and melt inside them, cart would still be ruined, and you waste money on the safe.
>>
>>4109415
Just don't do what I did and lose your map showing where all the landmines are buried. Need a few more hikers to "discover" their locations before I'm going to risk going myself and add to my stash.
>>
>>4108518
who cares?
>>
>>4109327
The neighborhood I grew up in became like this over time. Used to be a great place but now it's south central. Sad.
>>
>>4109442
Wouldn't it be easier to throw rocks at the ground and see if anything blows up?
>>
>>4109412
I have insurance, not that my collection would fit in a fire safe anyway.

>>4109434
Needs to be "media safe" which yeah $25 ones probably are not.
>>
Is it the Wall Fire in norcal?
>>
>>4109456
Looked into a data safe for my protos a while back but opted against it, maybe another time, I know it wont protect against fires, but I keep games of any value inside old VHS clam shells.
>>
>>4109453
>Wouldn't it be easier to throw rocks at the ground and see if anything blows up?
Shrapnel brah. Shrapnel.
>>
>>4109483
Oh shit you're right
>>
>>4109303
I'm guessing you live in Oregon or northern California? I've recently put my game collection in my renter's insurance in case of something like this is to occur in my neck of the woods
>>
>>4109530
I actually live in BC. So if you even step outside of the city you're in the bush. But yeah California is very similar to us.
>>
>>4109401
>confirmed for never having lived in the ghetto.

If you try to sue a ghetto rat, you WILL get a rock through your window... that's IF you are lucky.
Our windows were shot out about once a month and that was with us just minding our business.
>>
File: IMG_4881.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4881.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>4109456
>>
>>4109327
The secret to getting the cops to do something is to bug them repeatedly.

Eventually they'll do something just to get you to shut the fuck up.

Of course this works both ways and results in a lot of innocent people getting jammed up by the police but if it works for people who legitimately dindu nuffin, surely it'll work for someone who actually DID sumfin.
>>
>>4109954
No wonder he shitposts morning noon and night.

What a saddo.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.