[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite Golf games? For some reason, a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 12

File: cover_large.jpg (146KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
146KB, 600x594px
What are your favorite Golf games?
For some reason, a lot of them are fun as fuck.
Probably my favorite ones are Neo Turf Masters and the Camelot developed Golf games (Mario Golf and Hotshots on playstatrion), but I also have a soft spot for the original Golf on Game Boy, played it for hours on end.
>>
File: dm4oi1C.png (28KB, 1024x740px) Image search: [Google]
dm4oi1C.png
28KB, 1024x740px
Fuji Golf
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcXr7_Y5LP8
>>
golfamania
>>
>>4108153
I had that game, but traded it in for Mario Golf on GBC. It felt like a massive upgrade at the time, I love the RPG mode
>>
File: 118124214132.png (16KB, 304x224px) Image search: [Google]
118124214132.png
16KB, 304x224px
ON THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
>>
>>4108184
>It felt like a massive upgrade at the time
Well, they were released like 10 years apart, Golf was one of the launch GB titles iirc.
Anyway, I never tried Mario Golf on GBC but always heard good things about it, same with Mario Tennis.
>>
>>4108195
Although not retro, I've also heard that the GBA games improved the formula even further

The other golf games i liked were those Links games that usually came with new Windows PC's back in the day
>>
>>4108195
Yeah the mario tennis and golf on gbc is like a mini rpg where you explore a map, collect equipment and gain levels.
>>
This was just a perfect use of the Wii Remote/MotionPlus and the bonus Mini Golf mode was worth picking it up on its own, much less the regular game.

I think the 2012 The Masters edition has more content, but the music in this just made it a chill, almost sublime experience.

I also remember loving the absolute shit out of My Golf for the Atari 2600 which was made in freakin' 1990 by those Ausfags at HES. A surprisingly advanced golf sim for the limited hardware.

I think they were still selling Atari 2600s new here up to about '93 as a budget console and it may have been a pack-in at Brashs or something.

>>4108187
Picking up Neo Turf Masters on a whim for the Switch was so fucking worth it. The difficulty level and arcade feel is just perfect.

Kind of wish they ported the Neo Geo CD version as that has an extra course or two though.
>>
>>4108184
Mario Golf on gbc was fucking amazing. Who knew a golf rpg would be so addictive?
>>
>>4108239

I also just realised I'm in /vr/...

Kind of want to try out the Waialae game for N64 as I remember seeing it around a lot but never had the chance to rent it.
>>
File: IMG_6095.png (5KB, 204x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6095.png
5KB, 204x320px
>>
File: Hot_Shots_Golf_2_[U]-1.jpg (39KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Shots_Golf_2_[U]-1.jpg
39KB, 320x320px
I actually feel 3 is even better, but for the sake of keeping it retro, there is no better golf game out there.
>>
>>4108207
Its too bad they look hideous imo, I'm a sucker for pre-rendered images but the style they went with was just, no
>>
>>4108513
Are you referring to Mario GBA games or the Links games?
>>
BS Daisuki Golf or something on the Satellaview. It's mini-golf. I love that shit. Also, that Kirby game. Kirby spin-offs are the best.
>>
>>4108153
Neo Turf Masters
Mini-Putt
any decent motion controlled golf game on Wii
>>
File: C64 - Handicap Golf (BASIC).webm (2MB, 576x360px) Image search: [Google]
C64 - Handicap Golf (BASIC).webm
2MB, 576x360px
• Jack Nicklaus Unlimited Golf & Course Design
Mostly played on my Amiga 1200. But I guess I spend more time with the Course Designer than the actual game itself. Some of the courses I made were pretty much unplayable, but it was fun watching the CPU Players fail over and over since the AI was too bad.

But I didn't bother uploading them to the Aminet, like some others did:
http://aminet.net/search?query=nicklaus

• Nintendo Touch Golf: Birdie Challenge (NDS)
Surprisingly competent Golf game. I spend many hours with it.
• Everybody's Golf 6 (PS Vita & PS3)
Played the Vita Version as long I could progress into the game. At one point I failed a couple of times on the same course and gave up. I'm currently playing the PS3 port of the game. Let's see if I'm better with this.
• Everybody's Golf 5
Bought it just this week (the current "Big in Japan"-Sale) with the sequel but I haven't played it that much yet.

And I spend more time then it deserved with:
• Handicap Golf (C64)
A game programmed in Basic that I bought with a gaming compilation (with a couple of those Basic games) on tape. Well at this time playing only tapes way into the 90's I didn't had much variety in games.

I also played a couple of the Tiger woods games too, but they couldn't occupy my golf craving for too long because let's face it those games are pretty much the same, so I wouldn't call them my favorite:
• Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 (PS2)
• Tiger Woods PGA Tour (NDS) that was one ugly brown looking game.
• Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 a tad better then the other NDS game

Some more games I own, but didn't play that much were:

• Nick Faldo's Championship Golf
Both I have for the C64 and Amiga but I guess I spend more time with the C64 version and even hacked it's games save file.

• PGA Tour Golf (Amiga)
>>
>>4108984
From the above games I probably played Jack Nicklaus the most, then comes Nintendo Touch Golf: Birdie Challenge and Everybody's Golf 6 and the Tiger Woods games, were maybe the 2004 PS2 version I played the most.

After just 3 of the Tiger Woods games (not counting the first PGA Tour Golf game, that belongs to the series too) I had enough of this those. Most EA Sport series have the same issues. And Tiger Woods is maybe the worst offender in that case.

... and better not start on Wrestling games too with similar issues (this time with Yuke's being the problem) a genre that almost dead by now after having it's best phase on the PS2 and than starting to die quickly during the next generation(s).
>>
>>4108252
That's a two dollar title, so it's easy enough for you to try now.
>>
Anyone else fucking hate golf games?

I just fucking suck at them and get so triggered.
I'm good at FPS and shmups and shit but golf games always wreck me
>>
File: Vbgolf.jpg (200KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Vbgolf.jpg
200KB, 1000x667px
Virtual Boy Golf. With a nice pair of headphones and a good visor/dark room, it's nice to block out the world and golf it up.
>>
>>4110087
They're a mixed bag and as obvious as it sounds they live or die by their controls.
>>
>>4110112
I mostly played Hot Shots Golf on PS2.

I'll give mario golf a try
>>
File: Golfbot.jpg (388KB, 1015x1145px) Image search: [Google]
Golfbot.jpg
388KB, 1015x1145px
I've never played it. It probably sucks for all I know, but as far as I know, there is no greater instance of localization I have ever seen. Not even Phalanx.
>>
>>4110087
The only thing I dislike about golf games is I'm pretty good at them, and after a while they trick me into thinking I can actually play real-life golf. I cannot.
>>
>>4110641
real golf is the most triggering game in the world
>>
>>4110594
Wait, this actually exists?
>>
File: fight.gif (116KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
fight.gif
116KB, 640x576px
>>4108153
>I also have a soft spot for the original Golf on Game Boy
My nigga
>>
>>4108156

Woah, i had totally forgotten about this game! Thanks for the nostalgia hit anon.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.