[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vr/, brexitfag here. What's the overall best place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg (113KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
Wikipedia_SNES_PAL.jpg
113KB, 1200x850px
Alright /vr/, brexitfag here. What's the overall best place to buy PAL Snes cartridges, apart from eBay?
>>
>>4108139
Everyone over here's either pissed or asleep, anon.

Have a free bump for your soon-to-be-trollfest.
>>
>>4108139
Fuck off. Look at thrift stores and shit you flaming faggot. Or be a smart dumbass and get a flashcart. Better yet, toss the pal shit into the trash and a get a Super Famicom with a flashcart like a good human being.
God, what's with the influx of retards on this board?
>>
>>4108139
Where are you at, anon? I could probably find some good stores.
>>
>>4108507
>Super Famicom

SuperCIC mod on any region SNES is godly as it will play everything regardless of region and refresh rate. There are possibly a few PAL exclusive games that don't get any love and if OP ever did get a hold of any genuine PAL games they'd work on it. Whereas SFC in Euroland would require a voltage converter to begin with which is a bit awkward.

Also on the off-chance OP wants cartridge shells rather than actual games, dragonbox.de sells good quality ones.
>>
>>4108540
>SuperCIC
Not OP, but I've been enquiring about this with modders and my understanding is as follows;

Given that my PAL SNES is one of the older 2chip models, modding it for 60Hz might result in a stuttering effect when playing sidescrollers at 60Hz on a HDTV.

Apparently this phenomenon doesn't affect 1chip PAL consoles, since there's some new crystal or some shit.
I'm thinking of getting a Super Famicom board transplanted into my PAL shell to make sure i get perfect 60Hz
>>
Try gumtree, sometimes you come across normies who don't realise the value of what they're getting rid of
>>
60hz mod is really fucking easy. i sold all my PAL games and just used jap/us ones now
>>
>>4108591
>jap games
they're mostly still in Japanese, right? with rare exceptions like Super Metroid

Also unless I'm mistaken my PAL copies of DKC/2/3 should perform as well as US copies since they were PAL optimised
>>
>>4108507

>posts on /vr/
>berates another for wanting physical carts

Stop being new and lurk more
>>
File: 1491955269843.jpg (3KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1491955269843.jpg
3KB, 111x125px
>recommends flashcard for SNES
Despite games needed DSP chips and even the sd2snes isn't 100% compatible and is $200+

Why are faggots coming to this board?
Can't we have just ONE without mongoloids shitting it up?
eBay is you're only hope
Just use the follow search option to get notifications on mobile & be patient
Unless you're rich and can't wait

The deals are good on eBay if you can wait for a sleeper auction
I've collected 22 consoles (yes all different) for crazy cheap no boxes manuals or any of that trash if you're autistic then more power to ya

I got my systems to actually play them not to fap on the boxes or "muh speculative market"

Here in the states we have Craigslist (local sellers shitposting), smartphone apps like "offerup", "close5" , "letgo" ect
Which all basically do the same shit
>>
I'd also recommend just getting an NTSC system as well

Since your pal Tv probably will play the games just fine

Then you can poach American eBay auctions as well
>>
>>4108614
>DSP chip
Already included in SD2SNES, easily added to Super Everdrive

>SD2SNES
Main omissions are Yoshi's Island, Super Mario RPG, and Star Fox. Support COULD be added later. Personally, I own Yoshi's Island, and have no interest in Star Fox.
>>
>>4108618
>NTSC system
they look pretty ugly to someone who grew up with PAL/SuperFami
Perhaps the SNES Jr looks okay, but standard Suoer Famicom design looks nicest
>>
>>4108624
Yeah I agree, I'm still a bit perturbed that Americans got a weird box shaped system
I found out years later in high school and immediately bought super Famicom controllers because of the colored buttons

Get the SNES toploader and import from the states , you might even be able to troll some forums and convince people to ship overseas (chipmusic dot org) has a decent trading post and I can vouch for them as I have gotten some pretty rare carts there
(Nanoloop)
>>
>>4108619
You just named several insanely expensive games that are highly recommended

Think of all the games you'd be missing out on

I love krikzz and have everdrives for various other consoles but the SNES variants are NOT worth it yet
>>
>>4108701
>You just named several insanely expensive games that are highly recommended
Yeah it's potential deal-breaker if you're after those games, I just meant for me personally I'm pretty much covered. Perhaps consider the upcoming SNES Classic

>Think of all the games you'd be missing out on
other than those 4, I think the SD2SNES covers everything, as does Everdrive + DSP

> but the SNES variants are NOT worth it yet
I actually kinda agree with you here. While the Super Everdrive is perfectly affordable, I don't want to bother with it knowing I could have instant loading with the overpriced SD2SNES
>>
>>4108561
Or you just fucking buy a Super Famicom for practically nothing and either leave the SNES alone or sell it for profit.
>>
Is it possible to buy a DSP chip and solder it onto a chink everdrive?
>>
>>4108707
A valid argument, however I my autism demands that it still say Super Nintendo rather than Super Famicom on the case.
I don't want to have two consoles lying around, and I can't bring myself to sell my childhood console.
>>
>>4108709
>I don't want to have two consoles lying around, and I can't bring myself to sell my childhood console.

But you are going to have two consoles lying around either way unless you opt for the CIC Mod.
>>
>>4108712
>unless you opt for the CIC Mod.
which I'll be doing :^)
>>
>>4108714
Then what's problem?
>>
>>4108717
No problem for me, but I'm not OP
>>
>>4108701
Super Everdrive/SD2SNES play 99% of all games but it's not worth it because there are a few games they can't play? Sure that's disappointing but point me to a better solution for cheaper. At least with the SE/SD2SNES you can still play that 99% of games for far cheaper than it would cost to buy the physical carts. The positives FAR outweigh the negatives.
>>
>>4108507
>OP literally just asking for places to shop
>anon has to spaz out because he's having fun wrong
you are the influx of retards on this board.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.