[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's genius idea was it to have a creature so cool like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Dungkeep.jpg (17KB, 250x302px) Image search: [Google]
Dungkeep.jpg
17KB, 250x302px
Who's genius idea was it to have a creature so cool like the Tentacle not show up in levels early where it can be useful, and instead bring it out later when it gets dwarfed by so many other creatures?
>>
I've played this game a thousand times but never beaten the whole thing even though I love it so much, I just kind of get distracted by other things every time. One day I was reading the manual and found out about the supposed tentacles and almost died of shock, to this day I haven't seen them in action and I don't even know what they look like.
>>
probably peter molyneux
>>
They're rare as fuck, I can only remember seeing them a handful of times out of thousands of levels.

I don't think they can spawn on many maps; only watery maps from what I remember. I know you are supposed to put lairs near water to get passive XP boosts but lairs near water might be a spawn trigger.
>>
>>4108046
keeper fx has temple recipe for them. never had them in the original game
>dwarfed
.com
>>
File: 185.png (19KB, 178x182px) Image search: [Google]
185.png
19KB, 178x182px
If they take damage they will sit in the lair and heal for a whole fucking week, I kid you not.
>>
>>4108065
Do they spawn at all? I thought they're just placed as neutral monsters on the map.
>>
>>4108454
According to DK wiki page, tentacles are attracted by large temples and access to water.
I was lucky enough to attract a few of them, but didn't like them. I'd rather scavenge a shitload of vampires instead.
>>
there have to be tentacles in the map's creature pool as well, otherwise they won't come even if you build a temple. I think there is only one map in the OC that has them in the pool, 16.

They prefer a lair bordering water but do not require water access, this can be verified in a multiplayer map (run the -1player command line to access these)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.