[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What triggers your autism about retro games? For me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4189.png (42KB, 1000x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4189.png
42KB, 1000x267px
What triggers your autism about retro games? For me it's the title of the Gradius games. It should be Gladius. I can't play those games because of it.
>>
>>4106329
That's not autism. I have actual autism and you sound just plain retarded.
>>
I dunno, anon. Doesn't sound like triggering or autism to me. Sounds more like a pet-peeve.
In the not-too-distant past, we used to have separate terms for things we didn't like instead of faking a mental disability/illness just so we could throw around the no-go card and get special treatment.

Anyway, enough of me being pissy about where modern language has gone. Mine is when games have areas that have items on/in them that you can't get to. Gets me every time.
>>
>>4106329
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>4106329
>>4106360
Nevermind, I cant play it niether
>>
>>4106329
Hacks that don't run on hardware because they rely on bad emulators. Hello N64!
>>
>>4106379
This, what's the point of a romhack if the romhack doesn't actually work? Just make a new game if you want to make a new game.
>>
>>4106379
>>4106392
I dunno much about ROM Hacks, admittedly.
The experience I did have with them turned me off in general. Of course, this was also about 10 years ago that I began futzing around with them.
I started out getting a Pokemon ROMhack for Yellow, and I couldn't get it to work. No harm done, whatever. Then I got a SMW one, I don't exactly remember what it was, but it added some different upgrade mechanics. That one I got working just fine, however... I found that most of the new upgrades broke the game in some way that made every level so much easier. Scrapped that one and found another one. I was thinking "Well, maybe someone else made a ROM for this that doesn't invalidate half the levels or make it extremely fucking hard." Which I gave up trying to find after 2 days of searching and testing. Okay, Mario is out. Tried some Sonic ones, and those weren't too bad, but at this point, I just scrapped everything and went to play Vectorman.
>>
I almost stopped playing Earthbound and thought about replaying it because I didn't know that the only equipable weapon from Poo was the Sword of the Kings that's a low % random drop in a dungeon and you have to farm it before you defeat the boss. I only found that out AFTER defeating the main Starman dude and almost had a stroke how annoyed I was for finding that out. I did eventually finish the game, but even as the end credits rolled I was still annoyed that one of my characters had an empty equipment slot.
>>
File: received_1713873918642456.png (118KB, 294x319px) Image search: [Google]
received_1713873918642456.png
118KB, 294x319px
>>4106347
>>
>>4106329
Why exactly should it be gLadius?
>>
>>4106329
Fuck you, round-eyed burger vacuum. Life triggers your autism, not our games.
>>
>>4107653
Gladius is an actual word. It's a Roman sword. Gradius is just gook gibberish mix up of L and R.
>>
Japanese can't distinguish between L and R, they sound the same. Hence Engrish.
>>
lollllllllllllll
>>
So was it supposed to be L-Type all along?
>>
File: Rance_I+II_(NEC_PC-9801)_1.png (4KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Rance_I+II_(NEC_PC-9801)_1.png
4KB, 640x400px
>>4106329
I take it you don't like Rance too much?
>>
>>4107706
Oh, lol ok i can see how that would bug you..but not to that extent.
>>
>>4109701
How about Rusty? Is that one right or...?
>>
>>4107706
I used to think it was a pun on gladius, with the "grad" referring to the unique (at the time) weapon upgrade system. But then, I've always had problems with under/overthinking stuff
>>
>>4106347
Of course you have autism. You're on a section of an anime image board dedicated to replicating nostalgia and talking about deprecated tech.
>>
File: 537537.jpg (13KB, 157x132px) Image search: [Google]
537537.jpg
13KB, 157x132px
>can't use arrow keys to move the camera/camera is really jaggy when moved with arrow keys
>have to use screen edge scroll
>mfw

Most strategy and role playing games do this. X-COM, Fallout, Jagged Alliance etc. Thanks to mods like openXcom you can finally move the camera around with arrow keys.
>>
File: 1496861266798.jpg (77KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1496861266798.jpg
77KB, 960x540px
>>4111176
Yeah, agreed. I almost bought XCOM for PS1 until I realized how long each turn would take. Now I stick to OpenX like you.
>>
File: p.jpg (228KB, 650x1724px) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
228KB, 650x1724px
Why not Sadius?
>>
File: sabinbitch.jpg (49KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
sabinbitch.jpg
49KB, 600x720px
>>4106329
>What triggers your autism about retro games?
Shitty/censored/americanized localizations.

It still happens to this day, but back then it was the norm. I wanna learn to read moon just for pristine Super Famicom RPG experiences.
>>
>>4111092
Kek, nice one
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.