[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the PC Engine >favorite games Hucard:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: pc engine.jpg (317KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
pc engine.jpg
317KB, 1000x750px
Let's talk about the PC Engine

>favorite games

Hucard: Bonk 2, Liquid Kids, Soldier Blade, Air Zonk, Bomberman 93, Mr. Heli, Super Dodgeball

CD: Rondo of Blood, Ys IV, River City Ransom, Tenchi Wo Kurau, Chiki Chiki Boys, Rainbow Islands

>which model do you own or prefer

own a Coregrafx II, wanna get a Duo-R

>do you prefer HuCard or CD?

HuCard because of more platformers, but I have to play more CD stuff

>underrated and overrated games?

Liquid Kids is underrated, Devil Crush is overrated

>ranking the console with others?

Better than the MegaDrive but not as good as the SNES. I play it the most though
>>
Schizophrenic postings?

Yes, I think it is.
>>
File: Dengeki PC Engine, August 1994.jpg (1MB, 1300x1619px) Image search: [Google]
Dengeki PC Engine, August 1994.jpg
1MB, 1300x1619px
Why did the original PCE/TG16 not have a little cover to go over the card slot? I know the Duo did but it just seemed like such an obvious thing.
>>
>mfw all those redbook audiogames and just using a heaphone
>>
>>4103942

I own a white PC ENGINE since about 6 years won it for 0.1 USD on Ebay. Barely used it since well fuck RF only I will either get the SUPER CD ROM 2 addon or just mod it.
>>
>>4104414
I am so jealous. That same white PC-Engine would cost me about $70-80USD now which will take me a while to save up for. However, if I had a white PC-Engine, I'd rather pair it up with the original white CD-ROM^2 in the original suitcase interface unit, which is one of the most aesthetically pleasing consoles ever.

For your situation, you can get the dbGrafxBooster TTP, which runs a similarly expensive $71USD. It will give you the option of using Genesis2 RGB cables, HD-retrovision Genesis2 component cables, S-video, or composite cables. I even hear that this method outputs better RGB than my modded Duo.
>>
>>4104605
...you know a bare coregrafx is only like 30 bucks right
>>
>>4103942
>better than the MD
nah
>>
>>4104605
you dont even need to do that you can make your own cable, the pins on the back output all the signals its a waste of money to buy the same thing made by someone else
>>
>>4104853
yes
>>
>>4104912
the only thing it may be somewhat stronger is shmups. the rest nope
>>
>>4104927
the only thing it may be somewhat stronger is beat em ups the rest nope
>>
>>4104961
Sega CD could do FMV. PCE -CD nope
>>
>>4104961
Action/platformers, run 'n guns, beat 'em up, racing, all stronger on md hipster kun. Also better fighting library without the need to buy a shitton of retarded addons
>>
>>4104964
Sega CD was stronger sure but it had less good games and pce could also do FMV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DlSplE-CLk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XdGJh6Znc
>>
Im looking for pc engine rom hacks.
already got some from romhacking.net but i want to know if there is another source
Do you know any?
>>
>>4105048
there's a few translations but not many "rom hacks" like on the SNES

There's Splatterhouse Chrome, and someone made a hack of Blazing Lazers

this is also bizarre https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFh3oS3likI
>>
I love Bloody Wolf and R-type and Ninja spirit.
Kato & Ken Space harrier Shinobi Outrun Fantasy Zone is a great game.
I never try PC genjin it very expensive .
I have the first white model and I do not like Hucard much.
It's expensive for developers make them choose to create a game on SuperCD instead.
And Hucard does not have a save function .
It better then Famicom but not good as Megadrive.
>>
>>4105129
some hucards save to backup memory if you have a duo or turbo booster plus if you have a turbo grafx
>>
>>4105028
>racing
>fighting
it's not like the Genesis has that many of either to speak of.
>>
I'm glad you made this thread, I was lookin for some advice. I've reached a point in retro collecting where the PCE has captured my interest. I enjoy shmups a lot and it seems like a good console to explore. I have a few questions though:

There seems to be a bunch of models and I don't know where to start. What is a good cheap starter console? I'm looking to spend less than $100 if possible on the console but I'm willing to go up to $200 if it's worth it.

Is the PC Engine reigon locked?

Will I be able to collect decent games for under $100?

Is there a controller I should get with my console?

What are some decent/cheap games I can pick up right away?
>>
>>4105459
core grafx seems to be the cheapest. I have a duo so I dont know what the cheaper options are like. PC engins is region locked hardware and software the pinout on the games has 2 pins reversed between japan and the turbo grafx so you need a converter that can get around the software lock too, turbografx on the other hand has no software lockout and your converter only needs to change the pinout.

Decent games under 100

kat chan and ken chan
bikkuriman world
son son 2
space harrier
fantasy zone
>>
>>4105423
Still more than the PCE pham
>>
File: Need_to_fix_sound.jpg (776KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Need_to_fix_sound.jpg
776KB, 2592x1944px
>>4104835
Where? I could afford that. The places around me ask way more around $70-80USD. Amazon has it for over $100USD. Looking on eBay, the ones selling for that price are for parts as-is defective units, and that's not factoring in shipping costs. I don't have the money to take a trip to Japan, and don't foresee going back anytime in the future, for this mythical $30USD for the system. Last PCE systems I saw from Japanon's thread are also over 9900 JPY which also will total over $100USD. It will take some time for me to save up for the $80 but point is that the system has gotten pretty difficult for me to play on and I'm sad as it is one of my favorites.

>>4104885
I just chose an option for the poster for various output jacks that were not RF. The dbGrafxBooster TTP does seem pretty good and I would want one if I had a system that has those back pins and the money.
https://youtu.be/JZ1xWuKdiFc

>>4105459
The card games are region locked from US TurboChips and Japanese HuCards as the pins are routed differently as described by >>4105510 earlier. For card games, the only exception is the SuperGrafx which has its own 7 games, but is backwards compatible with all PC-Engine games, other than those 7 all PC-Engines will play every card game.

The CD-ROM games are not region locked, but there are tiers of the type of CD-ROM game from regular CD-ROM^2, to Super CD-ROM, all the way up to Arcade CD-ROM. Every CD-ROM setup is backwards compatible with the less demanding ones.

Lots of games on the system are under $100USD each. Most of the expensive games are the late releases like Magical Chase and Soldier Blade (but both are amazing shooting games). There are a lot more shooting games on CD that go for over $100USD as well now.

The standard controller is good enough for me. Unless you really want to play Forgotten Worlds or Street Fighter 2 with enough buttons, the standard 2 button pads work well for most games.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.