[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play the infamous Final Fantasy 2 but what port should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

I want to play the infamous Final Fantasy 2 but what port should I pick?

Also... FF general I guess
>>
PSP version
>>
>>4100803
How is it in comparisson to the others? Honestly I want to pick something with the same difficulty you get from the original NES.
>>
>>4100812
none are as difficult as the NES version
>>
>>4100797
GBA version. No loads and great quality
>>
Play the original. If you're wanting to hurt yourself, why soften the blow?
>>
>>4101043
this

if you're intentionally playing a shit game then the only option is to play the worst version
>>
>>4100797
No ports. The original version. Unless you are a BABY.
>>
>Infamous

it is?
>>
>>4101076
Have you missed all the FF2 on-shitting that's been going on?
>>
play the gba version with highest speed

I hated it at first but by the end I respected it.

Still proably my most disliked FF but I haven't played XIII and my love for FFVIII is only due to nostalgia.
>>
>>4100803
This.
>>
PS1 is the most reasonable to go with. It still includes the ability to miss on targets that have died but you've selected and the stat up and down mechanics while expanding the inventory so it isn't just filled with key items as you get further into the game.
>>
>>4100797
NES for the pain
GBA for meh
PSP for enjoyment
>>
>>4101091
I guess I have. Admittedly its been many years since I last played it and I can't really remember much about it.
>>
PS1 version should be fine if it's as close in terms of quality as the PS1 version of FF1. The NES version is just fine as well, don't let people who have no idea how to play one of these games turn you off.
>>
>>4100797
Ps1 version is the only real answer
>>
GBA version with mod of balance v2.2
>>
>>4101091
It's been going on since it's inception, it's a proto Akitoshi Kawazu Saga game with a whole bunch of half-baked ideas
>>
>>4101530
It's a Kawazu game without the disastrous "meta" design philosohy that makes the non-GB SaGa games impossible to stand.
>>
FF2 is a game built around its mechanics, it's a solid, straightforward JRPG. Stuff like SaGa Frontier is ultimately more deserving of being held guilty for being chock full of half baked ideas.
>>
>>4101721
>>4101706
elaborate
>>
Could anyone help me
Wanted to play FFV SNES since it's the only one I haven't beat, but the translated ROMs I found had some weird font. Anyone got the old "official" translated ROM?
>>
>>4101721
yeah, I prefer FF2 over most of the SaGa games I've played, not a big fan of aimless wandering
minstrel song is solid though
>>
>>4101731
what kind of weird font, show a screenshot perhaps?

You might just go with the sound/color patched GBA version
>>
>>4101746
Emuparadise one has weird font that doesn't fit the game.
>>
I unironically really enjoyed playing FF2. I beat the translated ROM for NES over 15 years ago and loved it, and then I replayed it when the GBA remake came out and had a lot of fun playing it too. Don't know why the game triggers people's autism so much. I'd much rather sit down and play 2 than be forced to play 13 or something. It's a pretty comfy 2D RPG
>>
FFVI question here:

so far I've been basic using Sabin and Edgar to rape through everything on game but now I've been wondering what would be the funniest party to use?

Currently using: Terra (main character and waifu, boosting magic stats), Sabin (he basically kills everything), Locke (good for stealing I guess? He also got good damage with Ultima Weapon) and Gau (he is actually pretty strong).

Just found a Blue Mage, so I am thinking of putting him in the party as its my favorite job from FFV.... Anyway suggest me stuff!
>>
>>4102794
Focus on gathering all of Blue Mage's (forgot his name) abilities before shit hits the fan because there will be no turning back.

Oh, and choose the Moogle first!
>>
>>4102794
My endgame party was always Terra/Celes/Locke/Shadow. Gau is fun but not very consistent. Strago is fun if you gear him well and hunt down all his spells.
>>
>>4102814
Interesting. Why Celes? She seemed dull, aside the magic sucking spell, I thought of using her as a tank-like character.
>>
>>4102819
You can play her as a tank or as purely a magical user. I like to add in some physical damage users to keep things intereseting, but magic damage is king in FFVI.
>>
>>4102828
I assume you didnt use Sabin because he is easy mode.
I think i'll end up using him because I actually like to use blitz and he is a funny character in the end though broken.
>>
>>4102831
It's not really a comment on Sabin the story character, but rather as a party member. I always found Shadow and Locke outdamaged Sabin in vanilla. In Brave New World, on the other hand, Sabin is a god.
>>
>>4102843
Excuse me, what do you mean by vanilla and Brave New World?
>>
>>4102852
Vanilla = retail FFVI
Brave New World = a mod that completely overhauls the game. It has some questionable dialogue changes but overall is a nice change of pace from vanilla.
>>
>>4100797
the iphone version
>>
PS One w/ LCD Screen
>>
>>4101730
Probably referring to how SaGa Frontier is almost quite literally an unfinished game.
>>
>>4103252
>iPhone version
>heavily compressed audio quality
>no art gallery/music player
>new glitches which weren't on the PSP version
>blurrier graphics than the PSP version despite the iPhone having a higher resolution than the PSP (at least starting with the iPhone 4)

If you want to play the iPhone version, just get the PSP version.
It's literally the same thing but with more and better features, uncompressed audio quality, more polished up and generally the superior version.
But the iPhone version is still great if you don't have a PSP/PS Vita, but why won't you get the PSP version when a used PSP is really cheap these days.
Same for Final Fantasy I.
>>
>>4104052
I don't get this opinion at all, sure there is scrapped content, but what game doesn't have that? You still have a good 70 hours of playtime, and with all the corner cutting its gameplay is still a million times more refined than FF2
>>
Can anyone care to explain why everyone hates FFII and rate it as the black sheep of the series?
>>
>>4104640
the exploits (hit yourself to get HP), spell leveling and trap rooms are the biggest complaints I've come across
>>
>>4104640
Because its structure is fundamentally awful and showed that they had no clue how powerful a party should be in any given area without grinding, it's poorly balanced all around even in comparison to FF1, half of the equipment in the game fucking sucks because the game unfairly favors evasion over everything else, and the spell system is terrible.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.