[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /vr/, can you help me out? I'm looking for a beat em

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 188-1.jpg (3MB, 2100x1551px) Image search: [Google]
188-1.jpg
3MB, 2100x1551px
So, /vr/, can you help me out?

I'm looking for a beat em up on SNES that has a little mechanical depth, like a real challenge and that's skill based. Anything like that exist? TMNT is fun but it doesn't really feel like a challenge anymore though it does at least have some decent depth. I'm looking for something similar.
>>
>>4100671
Brawl Brothers, perhaps?
>>
Knights of the Round, maybe? Honestly, I don't think the SNES really had any deep beat-em-ups.
>>
I was moreso looking for something that wasn't really an arcade port but made specifically for console play. Imports are cool too.

>>4100689

I'll check it out, thanks.

>>4100690

Haven't tried that one yet. I'll give it a go. I also have a Genesis/Saturn/64 if that helps. I already have Guardian Heroes which scratches that itch. I'm looking for more games like that.
>>
>>4100701

Eh, to me it makes the post easier to read. This reddit paranoia is ridiculous.
>>
>>4100671
Super double dragon? One of the double dragons on snes has a neat little grab/counter system that makes for some funny as fuck pvp punch ups.
>>
>>4100701
Goddamn im sick of you faggots.

I will space shit

however the

fuck I want.

Cunt.
>>
>>4100714

Fuck yeah, that sounds right up my alley. I'll check it out.
>>
>>4100671
Difficulty in beat-em-ups is a hard thing to do right. You either get them feeling easy and repetitive or way too difficult.

Not retro but try as astro boy:omega factor on the gba. As someone who never cared for beat-em-ups or astroboy it is one of the best games I have ever played. Made by treasure.
>>
>>4100732

Yeah, I want a challenge to keep my from getting bored but I don't want unfair bullshit like in a lot of arcade beat em ups.

Oh, Astro Boy is one of my favorite games of all time. I have that, Advance Guardian Heroes, and Gunstar Super Heroes. I just ordered Double Dragon Advance so hopefully that gets here soon.
>>
>>4100671

Not really. I guess Brawl Brothers or Battle Toads/Double Dragon maybe.
>>
>>4100671
Probably Final Fight, but SNES belt scrollers are honestly trash, you're better off sticking to the arcade for that genre.
>>
>>4100742
>Astro Boy is one of my favorite games of all time
Good shit. I downloaded hearing some good things and was blown away by the quality of the game. I won't go too into detail as I genuinely don't want to start a shit storm but what a phenomenal game.
>>
>>4100742
Try Sengoku 3 if you can. It is an arcade beat-em-up, but it's not too bullshit and it fits what you're looking for.
>>
you're not going to find "depth" in a beat em up. you are not going to find an equivalent to modern design games with tons of combos etc
>>
>>4100671
You do know you can adjust the difficulty in the options menu, right?
>>
Ninja Warriors Again on hard
>>
>>4100742
>but I don't want unfair bullshit like in a lot of arcade beat em ups.
git gut pleb
>>
>>4100892
>combo wankery = depth
ayy
>>
>>4100671
>I'm looking for beat em ups that has a little mechanical depth

best look at sega genesis then. Or neo geo AES
>>
>>4101259
well hold up, i take that back... the marvel beat em ups were pretty good on snes. Try mutant apocalypse and marvel super heroes.
>>
>>4100701
Hey guys, remember how Reddit invented spacing? Fuck those guys and their faggot space bar bullshit.
>>
>>4100671
Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Tachi no Banka
Shounen Ninja Sasuke
Final Fight 3
Return of Double Dragon (play this rather than Super Double Dragon, they're the same game, but the Japanese version was closer to finished when it was released, so it has some tweaks and is a slightly better game)
Ghost Chaser Densei (port of the arcade game Denjin Makai)
The Combatribes
Captain Commando
>>
>>4100671
Ninja Warriors Again
>>
>>4101259
>best look at sega genesis then
This meme

Just say "Streets of Rage" ok, it's the only reason anyone praises MD belt scrollers over SNES ones

Hyperstone Heist is actually mechanically more solid than TiT tho, it's not so easy to spam that slam move nonstop
>>
>>4101460

Yeah, I felt like I was in the minority but I like a lot of aspects of Hyperstone Heist over Turtles in Time. Only downsides are the weaker music and voice clips. The longer levels felt good for a console game and the dedicated run button makes the combat feel better to me.
>>
>>4101378

Solid list. Appreciated duder
>>
Check out Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn, each character has deep gameplay and since it takes place on multiple 2D planes it feels like playing a fighter.
>>
>>4100671
Ninja Warriors Again (make sure it's the Japanese version because it has an extra enemy type - which is a HUGE fucking deal because possible enemy combinations is what creates variety and challenge in beat'em ups) is the best beat'em up on the SNES, and the second best 16-bit console beat'em up after Streets of Rage 2.

play on HARD mode no matter what. normal mode is quite easy.

choose 'Kunoichi'.

'Kamaitachi' destroys Hard mode. 'Ninja' can too with a bit of practice. 'Kunoichi' on Hard mode provides a good challenge.
>>
>>4101602
Can you really call it a beat 'em up if it doesn't have the belt scroll perspective though?
>>
>>4101378
>Shin Nekketsu Kouha Kunio Tachi no Banka
Came to post Kunio.
>>
>>4101616
Yes. Beat'em ups can be 2d, 2.5d, or 3d.
>>
>>4101892
When most people say "beat 'em up", they mean the 2.5D variety, however. 2D beat 'em ups feel more like platformers.
>>
>>4101912
>most people
Source?

Is Spartan X a platformer?
>>
>>4101978
>Source?
The OP, you autist.

>I'm looking for something similar.
2D brawlers are not similar to belt scrollers.
>>
>>4101982
Is Spartan X a platformer? Also, no need for name calling.
>>
>>4101032
Actual great answer, I will not let this post go under rated.
>>
>>4101616
Yes that's why he called it a beat 'em up and not a memescroller, now fuck off.
>>
>>4101982
>2D brawlers are not similar to belt scrollers.
Ninja Warriors Again plays way more similar to something like Final Fight than shit like Simpsons arcade does, belt-scroll isn't always the key factor
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.