[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>great graphics >great music >translating Castelvania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1441048467849[1].jpg (170KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441048467849[1].jpg
170KB, 1920x1080px
>great graphics
>great music
>translating Castelvania gameplay to 3D
>got terrible reviews

Explain this.
>>
>>4098804
Some gameplays aren't easily transferrable into 3D.
Unfortunately, 90s won and everything is 3D today.
>>
>>4098804
It did not get terrible reviews. This is a commonly repeated myth that can be disproven by 5 seconds of googling
>>
File: cv64vamp.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
cv64vamp.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>4099030
This, at worst it received mixed to good reviews.
Probably it did received some bad ones, but most of them were mixed to good.
>>
>>4098823
There are more 2D games being made now than at any time in the 90's.
>>
>>4098804
>translating Castelvania gameplay to 3D
Good one.
>>
>>4098804
I wanted to play CV, not Tomb Raider. Konami didn't get it right until Lament of Innocence, but that's not retro...
>>
>>4099171
most of them are hipster trash with psaudo-retro aesthetics
>>
>>4098804
>great graphics
>great music
>implying
>>
I thought "well that was interesting, but once they get used to 3D, future games will be better"

Spoiler alert, they were not
>>
>>4099308
>Lament of Innocence
>right
Pick one and only one.

Anyway, this game didn't get terrible reviews, but between the console wars and muh castlevania deep storyline the fanboys firmly sided with Symphony of the Night. To the detriment of the series, I feel, because Iga took over and with very few exceptions the games he made were just lame Symphony clones. The team that made 64, which had an awesome survival horror atmosphere that was promptly dropped in lieu of high school level drama, also made Circle of the Moon, which was an awesome mix of classic and metroidvania, which of course got swept aside by some Alucard clone collecting furniture.
>>
>>4098804
>>got terrible reviews

no it didn't
>>
>>4099518
>>4099308
I like both CV64 and Lament of innocence, but both of those games have flaws, and both of those games received mixed reviews, but certainly not bad reviews.
Stop trying to rewrite history, anons jr.
>m8 l0l
>zzzz
>hmmm?
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>>
>implying the C64 games aren't better than IGA shit
>>
>>4099695
That's some next level bait.
>>
>>4099496
>Circle of the Moon, which was an awesome mix of classic and metroidvania
it had a whip and it was more difficult, it still had most of SotN's weaknesses and almost none of its strengths
>>
>>4099727
But is true! It's true!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.