[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it like owning demos back in the day? Tfw playing MediEvil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
What was it like owning demos back in the day? Tfw playing MediEvil 2 and Spider-Man all the time, repeating the beginning level always felt refreshing.
>>
Kinda neat to see what a game was like. Most people I know got more enjoyment out of the little hidden bits, like that one demo disc that had the music video to Korn's Got The Life buried in there.
>>
File: nights_sampler.jpg (157KB, 926x900px) Image search: [Google]
nights_sampler.jpg
157KB, 926x900px
Before demo CDs appeared on consoles, I used to buy magazines that came with CD-ROMs full of demos for PC. It was kind of a scam because it said "includes [x game] complete!" and it was also just a demo.
On principle demos are great because they let you test games for free. Most of my demo discs were kinda shitty though.
The one demo disc I actually remember enjoying was the Nights sampler on Saturn.
When I got my Saturn, I couldn't get it with any game because the shop I got it from just didn't have any Saturn games in stock, the system itself was hard to find here.
So it came with a Saturn demo CD (included Clockwork Knight, Die Hard Trilogy and others), and the Nights sampler.
Nights was actually more generous than most other demos, it let you play 2 levels, one with each character, and they were fun as hell. Nights is also an arcade kind of game so replaying the levels was fun.
Eventually I got the full game and it felt massive, I was used to play the same 2 levels over and over.
>>
>>4099493
Why?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.