[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game actually sucks. >unskippable 5-second jingle every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: metroid3.jpg (190KB, 1000x729px) Image search: [Google]
metroid3.jpg
190KB, 1000x729px
This game actually sucks.

>unskippable 5-second jingle every time you get a new item
>can't remap diagonal aiming to non-shoulder pad buttons
>the intro and Tourien are too "cinematic"/pointless
>awful bosses that are too easy (except RNGtoon)
>Screw Attack is more or less God mode
>>
>>4097934
You're an idiot. Sage in all fields.
>>
File: Samus sipping.jpg (61KB, 611x175px) Image search: [Google]
Samus sipping.jpg
61KB, 611x175px
>>4097934
Not sure if trolling or being contrarian for the sake of it/just to be edgy, but those opinions are pure shit and literally nobody else thinks that.
>>
File: Summer_2015.jpg (163KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
Summer_2015.jpg
163KB, 600x397px
>>4097934
>>
>>4097934
baby's first trolling attempt
>>
>can be completed in 80 minutes

Into the trash it goes.
>>
It's finally happening, which Youtuber made the video?
>>
You're right, OP. It's highly overrated. The circlejerkers here will never be able to admit it to themselves.
>>

LUL
>>
>>4098006
I agree, too long!
Games were good when they were 20 minutes long, and you could loop to play the game again with higher difficulties, now TALK about replayability.

By the way OP I totally agree you dick sucking twink, popular videogames SUCK a donkey's sweaty balls
>>
Metroid 1 and 2 were good games, but Super... was a fucking mistake.
>>
One of the most overrated games of all time.

Super Metroid is a game so pretentious it has not one, but two long boring intros.

It's a game that, in spite of its reputation as good example of videogame storytelling, constantly backseats gameplay in favor of the illusion of it, as it does during the first and last boss fights where it's unclear at times whether Samus can win, or even lose.

The action portion of the game is essentially meaningless, as Samus' considerable array of beams, missiles and fancy pants diagonal aiming makes the vast majority of enemy encounters irrelevant and unengaging.

Super also pointlessly telegraphs a significant amount of its hidden passageways, defeating the purpose of an exploration based videogame.

A cacophonous soundtrack, coarse and grating sound effects, and the atrocious art style combine for an all out assault on the senses and makes one long for the green screen of an original gameboy.

And when it comes to level design and gameplay, Super Metroid looks like an old clunker next to the Zero Mission ferrari.

You know what really makes me mad about this game? Just how pointlessly dark it is. The first Metroid has an adventurous spirit that imbues the entire game. And even in the darker moments, in Ridley's hideout and in Tourian, the art style and soundtrack work together to create something unique and interesting. Super Metroid is just morose, and for no reason. For a game whose story is about a genocidal pet it really does take itself very seriously.
>>
>>4098000
And it'll work without fail
>>
>>4097934

Yes and it feels like heroin

>can't remap diagonal aiming to non-shoulder pad buttons

Why would you want to do this? It's possible to hold one and tap another face button at the same time but it would be retarded for this application. And there's two diagonal aim buttons. How the fuck are you going to play like that?

You mean they aren't skipable, which is the only real problem here

>awful bosses that are too easy (except RNGtoon)

Piss easy with missile expansions and E tanks and really hard without them. But I'll give you they should've thought of hard mode before metroid fusion.

>Screw Attack is more or less God mode

That's because it's supposed to be. And it's not like there's much game left after you get it. But I always thought it would be more interesting to get screw attack before space jump.
>>
>>4098409
>One of the most overrated games of all time.

Why do people say shit like this like its a meaningful observation? Name a game that's considered one of the greatest that isn't also one of the most overrated. It goes without saying. The best video games ever made can never actually be as good as people say they are.
>>
>>4097934
I agree with the bosses. The last one is the worst.
>>
>>4098028
Calling it now, Super Mario World is next on the chopping block. Been seeing a small but steady backlash to it building for a few years now.
>>
>>4098409
>A cacophonous soundtrack, coarse and grating sound effects, and the atrocious art style combine for an all out assault on the senses and makes one long for the green screen of an original gameboy.

>And when it comes to level design and gameplay, Super Metroid looks like an old clunker next to the Zero Mission ferrari.

Unironically made me laugh
>>
>>4098048
>>4098165
>>4098409
>Each post an hour apart
Nobody gives a shit about your shitty thread
>>
>>4099627
Only one of those was me/OP. You fail at being Sherlock.
>>
>>4098409
>Super Metroid is a game so pretentious it has not one, but two long boring intros.

I'm willing to be you've never read a fucking book in your life.
>>
>>4098409
>The amount of people that fell for this shit bait
>>
I prefer Fusion either way.

Suck my dick /vr/
>>
>>4100798
The newfriends tell themselves that if they realize it's bait, and only respond "ironically" to it, then they're totally not getting trolled - while they're getting trolled.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.