[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

boy oh boy that texture warping sure is """""charming"""""
>>
>Retro3D literally makes my skin crawl
>>
whoever did the texture on that model needs to be shot.
>>
Looks cool
>>
File: crawling.png (93KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
crawling.png
93KB, 500x208px
>>4096003
>>
>>4095993
That model looks like shit regardless
>>
>>4095993
It's funny how people can't remember what ps1 looks like. How hard is it to look a picture of a ps1 model? Fucking basic low budget games have better textures than this
>>
>>4095993
Without it that shit looks like Minecraft, so yeah, it is in fact charming.
>>
>>4095993
wtf, did they use half-precision vertex precision or something else brain-damaged?
>>
>>4096281
One common mistake is that indie trash usually draws the textures in high resolution then scale it down, while old textures were mainly drawn in low resolution at least for details like buttons and faces.
>>
>>4096281
lol they used spawn: the eternal as a reference
>>
I feel like them add motion to the characters, like it gives the impression that they're living things that breathe and aren't completely still. Early 3D character models look pretty dead if they don't have the wobble
>>
>>4097528
or in other words, you're nostalgic for the playstation
>>
>>4097528
Same, when I first played PC after having psx for my main I couldnt get behind how "sterile" everything looked.
The word is sterile, the polygons looked simpler because no woblying and textures were smooth and blurry instead of psx grainy.

Nowadays I enable polygon precision and bilinear filtering in emulators but once in a while I like to leave it like it is.
I guess its like anon >>4097537 said.
>>
>>4095993
what if we added this filter over a ps1 game
>>
>>4097707
What if I punched you in the face trough the monitor screen for giving me vertigo trying to imagine this.
>>
>>4095993
The ground textures look better due to warping - they seem less uniform and tiled thanks to it.
>>
>>4095993
So is thatnew PSX emulator?
>>
>>4095993
Jeez, even the PSX didn't have polys as jumpy as that.
>>
>>4095993
Are there any games with low poly (not fucking voxel) worth checking out on PC?
>>
>>4097717
what if i stuck my penis through the internet and you sucked it? what then?
>>
>>4097968
What if it gets ping back and you suck your own dick huh?
>>
>>4095993
Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GBbaOU1LJA
>>
> boy oh boy those massive pixels on my favourite NES game sure are """""charming"""""

> boy oh boy that CRT whine sure is """""charming"""""

> boy oh boy that fake 3D and lowres sprites sure are """""charming"""""

> boy oh boy that PC speaker bleep music sure is """""charming"""""
>>
>>4097974
i'd probably never leave my house again desu
>>
>>4097528
You just ODing on nostalgia.
>>
>>4098052
> boy oh boy that post sure is """""straight"""""
>>
>>4098052
It's """"""""""comfy"""""""""" all over again.
>>
>>4097537
>>4098262
Edd Ed & Eddy had a similar thing going on with its wobbly character outlines, and that was a deliberate stylistic choice.
>>
>>4098268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jieJj-jVNc

It's a lot more subtle than PS1 jittering. And it's only for the character outlines, not their whole body. Or the backgrounds.
>>
>>4097528
It does. It's generally unintentional, but it makes a lot of otherwise stiff animations look a tad more lively.
it's not nearly as bad as in OP's webm though, not for objects that close to the screen
point resolution wasn't that low at all

something also looks wrong about the way it's warping the ground compared to an actual PS1 game, probably because it's not clipping the points to the screen bounds
>>
>>4095993
no one has ever said that the warping is charming
>>
File: pablo.jpg (9KB, 171x263px) Image search: [Google]
pablo.jpg
9KB, 171x263px
>>4098335
>>
>>4098268
>>4098280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a7ZBqMsOeU
>>
I hate the wobbling effect. It's the main reason I could never get into ps1 gaming and always stuck with my N64. Not just it makes my eyes hurts and make me feel like throwing up, it makes everything looks like its on the brink of collapsing for some reason. Like everything is made of paperbox glued together and the hardware is working really hard so it won't fall apart.
>>
>>4100191
Talk about gross over-exaggeration. Your display of histrionics rivals that of both the triggered retards on /pol/ and tumblr. Congrats.
>>
>>4100191
It's barely even noticeable on real hardware on a CRT. It's only on emulators rendering at high resolution where it starts getting ugly.
>>
>>4100276

I never played ps1 on emulator. It comes all from my experience with the console back in the 90's. It's VERY noticeable.
>>
>>4100371
Ah, yes. Very nice photographic memory.
>>
>>4096281
We are on /vr/, people here play PS1 daily.

It was nowhere as shit as OPs picture with texture wrapping.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.